With You- Live, in 2010?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by iNuBBiN, Jan 20, 2011.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_496798&v=8HS0yWR6u8M&feature=iv
    I was honestly stunned when I came across this video. Seems that there is some hope to get old songs thrown into some concerts. And it sounds just like the record still

Different topic- Why is it that LP can sound like the old album's live still, but the songs of ATS sound IMO bad live? I love the songs off ATS but to me the band is having some trouble bringing them live on the stage. Like The Catalyst, I think its bad live, Mike is off tone when singing and chester seems to have problems as well. Also even the instruments off The Catalyst live seems kinda off live. All the songs off ATS dont sound better live unlike the older albums where I prefer listening to live versions over album. It kinda disappointments me

Edit: Fuck!!!!!!!! Just watched the entire video and realized its fake, haha my bad. But I still wanna talk about my other topic

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
    MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

It's a new album and the first tour where they play it live - it's gonna take some getting used to. Listen to Hybrid Theory songs played in '01 and then watch Road To Revolution or even Live In Texas and you WILL notice the differences. Even with those being professionally mixed, live shows in general get better as they perform the songs over and over, and catch their mistakes, etc, etc.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Yeah, video is definitely fake.

iNuBBiN

I got so exited when I heard "Come Onnnnnn" i went straight here to post it and after the post I watched it again and I got really upset

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

it even says in the video description

if I recognise the audio correctly its a version of With You recorded for a single from London with some random video added! Dont ask me which one - but thats the best I can do :lol: or is it from the LPUv2.0 cd?? Chester even says something like "Let me hear you tonight London" at the start

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

-.- Ive looked at it for 2 seconds and not only because it was at the EMA'S this year, but also because of the unsync drumming you could tell that its fake..

and btw: yes LPU2.0 or was it on that high voltage thing?

And about with you, if you are interested check out my conversation with mike: I asked him about With You

[video=youtube;JY97ydx2byc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY97ydx2byc[/video]

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing that mike conversation clip Ana, that was awesome.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Well that is a well made fake video.
    I believe the guys aren't that comfortable playing the new songs but will definitely get better as they go.
    They said it before that this album will be hard to perform live, and it's challenging to do that.

So, when will you kick Phoenix off stage? :awesome:

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Haha, that video is so fake :p

I've never been a huge fan of With You but I would like to see Pushing Me Away or A Place For My Head :) I agree with you about The Catalyst sounding a little bit "off" sometimes but I think it's getting better each time they play it. Burning In The Skies also sounds shaky but that was only because they haven't played it live much. Other than those two song, I think ATS sounds good live especially WTCFM and Blackout.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, "When They Come For Me" slays live. :)

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeahhhhh, With You Live 2002 :p
    They pulled a NRL Live on ya haha

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Haha, not quite as good. Needs more Rick Astley!

iNuBBiN

I think it would be fun to wrap up this tour and then have another tour during the summer and have the poll thing going. But instead of one or two songs, the fans get to pick the whole set :)

iNuBBiN

And it not even sounding off, its the whole mood of the new songs. Like W&K Mikes rapping sounds so plain to it unlike the other songs where he seems really into it putting everything he has into it. Just the vibe in fun seems to change from old songs to ATS. IMO its because they have so much shit to do now on stage for ATS. W&K chester stands in the back and works the pads and him and mike alternate. The Catalyst- mike sits the whole time working keys, Iridescent- Chester plays the guitar and mike sits down to work the keys, WTCFM- I believe 3 people are playing the drums including chester, and it goes on. A big reason I love LP so much is because they play almost everything live, but for the new stuff I think they should take some gear out so they can run around and get pumped

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I hope they will play With You live soon but i think that its very unlikely.