"WOLF": a text-based game

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by hawk, Jul 2, 2012.

1. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Fucking run upwards, what do you think I do. :p

2. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

It's not worth it. Without a second thought you swiftly make your way up the narrow tunnel. On your hands and knees, barely scraping your way upwards, more howls begin to follow you, getting louder and louder, sweeping from your feet to your ears. Your heart is pumping, blood rushing and your mind scrambling to get out of the cave. As you claw your way towards a light up ahead, you hear a stream of water. Your desire to escape the tunnel is only becoming greater.

After working yourself to the point that your arms and legs are burning, you reach the exit of the tunnel where you poke your head out to the sight of a large waterfall pouring crystal clear water into a large, beautiful lake. You scramble to your feet in awe. No longer is your heart attempting to jump out of your chest, no longer is your blood racing through your veins and finally, even just for a second, your mind is clear. You see a way to the top of the waterfall, but it's as though the lake is calling your name ...

What do you do?

YOUR STATS:
    HEALTH: 74
    ENDURANCE: 50

3. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Ahhh, The Wolf is back. :)

I have no idea what I do. Probably go into the lake.

4. lime treacle

Wash my face with the water a bit. :lol:

And then try to go up the path towards the top of the waterfall.

You kidding me? What about water demons!? :WTF:

5. Filip

[​IMG]

6. hawk

Moving almost as fast as you did out of the cave, you head towards the lake and stop at the edge. You look right through the water. You step back and jump in ...

You couldn't be more comfortable right now. You lay afloat for what feels like hours when suddenly a loud howl breaks your peace of mind. Your eyes snap to the cave exit. You stare at it, looking for a sign of movement but you can't see anything. You're unsure if you should remain in the water and hide, or quickly rush up to the top of the waterfall ...

What do you do?

YOUR STATS:
    HEALTH: 80
    ENDURANCE: 80

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  7. Filip

Wait, the first answer is for me, and the other one for him? I still don't get how this works.

8. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

I recovered. So, now I head towards the top of the waterfall, with an eye to the exit of the tunnel.

9. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'll scream "YOLO", run towards the wolf or monster or whatever and try to ride him into the water and drown him. Unless he's a friendly.

Probably better to disregard my answer

10. lime treacle

:lol:

Hmm, let me quote Mr. Hawk's-spokesman aka minuteforce:

I do this:

11. hawk

You don't want to risk being so close to the wolf again, so you, as swiftly as possible drag your legs through the lake water and hop out. Soaked, dripping wet, you swiftly climb the steep path up to the top of the waterfall. Each step is a risk as your shoes could give way at any moment thanks to the wet soles. Your eventually find yourself atop the waterfall, eyes fixated in the entrance to the cave.

Suddenly, a shadow emerges swiftly from the cave, it's the wolf. It sees you and stops dead in its tracks. After a moment, it strides towards the path you've just endured. You turn around a run along the path which runs alongside the river. Up ahead you see a small bridge running over the river, although you're unsure if it is safe enough to cross ...

What do you do?

YOUR STATS:
    HEALTH: 80
    ENDURANCE: 80

12. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I walk closer to the wolf, trying to intimidate it in order to see how it reacts. I pick up a stone and threaten to throw it.

13. Filip

With my intelligence, this is what I'd actually do.

But really, I'd try to somehow get the wolf to the bridge, hoping it'd collapse.

14. hawk

Running, you decide your best bet of escaping the wolf is to cross the bridge in hopes of it breaking behind you. As you approach the bridge, you swing to the right and step heavy onto the bridge .. it doesn't break. You swiftly cross it and swing left, continuing to run upstream without looking back. As you're running forward, you notice something in the corner of your eye, grabbing your attention. Looking over to the other side of the river, you see the wolf is running alongside you on the opposite bank.

You stop. The wolf does too. You stare at it as you regain your breath with deep, heavy breaths. You slowly continue walking upstream and the wolf follows at a slow pace. Suddenly, it howls at you and in the blink of an eye, disappears. Your mind is scattered, you're looking all around for it but it is nowhere to be found. You hear a crackle in the treeline behind you, triggering another quick dash further upstream, but looking behind you as you run you notice that nothing is following you.

You slow down and continue to walk upstream. Eventually the treeline to the right of you breaks away and a sharp bend in the road cuts it off. As you approach the road, you hear a faint hum coming from around the bend. It could be a car or it could be something else ... is it worth waiting for?

What do you do?

YOUR STATS:
    HEALTH: 81
    ENDURANCE: 73

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  15. lime treacle

Go around the bend.

16. hawk

Too eager, you head along the road around the bend, every step bringing the humming sound ever closer. As you round the bend, you see a small motor home sitting by the treeline on the opposite side of the road. It is here where the humming sound is coming from - it is the engine.

You slowly approach it and attempt to look through the windows, but unfortunately all the windows are blocked off with planks of wood. You can hear faint noises of movement inside but you cannot be sure.

What do you do?

YOUR STATS:
    ENDURANCE: 75

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  17. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I pick up a suitable piece of wood to use as a makeshift weapon in case I find myself in danger.

18. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

My bet is 1) the wolf is a good guy, 2) it's a reflection of me or Hawk, and/or 3) it's all a dream :leo:

19. lime treacle

This.

20. hawk

You step back away from the motor home and look at the ground by your feet. You turn around on the spot several times looking for a suitable piece of wood you can use as a makeshift weapon. A plank of wood catches your eye, wedged behind one of the motor homes wheels. You approach it and forcefully pull it out. This causes the motor home to rock ever-so-slightly.

The motor home goes quiet. The engine has been shut off. You hear someone move towards the door. You hold the plank of woof firm. You're unsure if you want to ambush whoever is inside the motor home or observe from a safe distance in the treeline first ...

What do you do?

YOUR STATS:
    ENDURANCE: 77

--

GAME STATUS:
    [​IMG]