Worst/Least Favourite album LP has put out?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Elaine, Apr 24, 2014.

?

Worst/Least Favourite Album LP Has Put Out?

1. Hybrid Theory

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Meteora

45 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Minutes to Midnight

19 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. A Thousand Suns

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. LIVING THINGS

48 vote(s)
    38.1%
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I voted Minutes to Midnight as my least favorite album in the band's discography. Don't get me wrong, I think it has several strong and memorable tracks, like LOATR, HHH, NMS, and TLTGYA, but I just can't get into it as much as the other albums. As for Meteora, I get that most people here either strongly dislike it or outright hate it. However, I know that I'm in the minority when I say that it is still a decent album and has strong songs on it. I know this may be shocking to some but I don't think the lyrics are as awful as some make them out to be. I honestly like the majority of the lyrics, as their simple yet relatable on many levels.

Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Has to be Meteora for me.
    Listening to the instrumental version of Living Things made me appreciate the album a lot more.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Bleed It Out, Leave Out All The Rest, In Pieces.

What more do you need. No other album has 3 tracks that weak.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Meteora is actually my favourite LP album, sure it does feel weak with many of its songs and it does sound like a rehash of HT, but for me the themes explored in the songs resonate with me better. Also, HT felt like it had more 'anger' in it than actually exploring certain topics in depth (One Step Closer doesn't have very good lyrics, they are so simplistic and it takes away from the song, I much prefer the reanimation version, especially the bridge of it).

I feel Meteora had a bit more lyrical depth in some songs than HT did. Plus there were songs on there that I think were really good ideas, but just weren't executed as well as they could have been.

For example, the song "Hit The Floor" is probably one of LP's most lyrically aggressive songs, you could imagine that being played during a murder scene in some horror movie. It just needed more energy and a little bit more 'punch' to it. I think an instrumental like A06 (One of LP's underground demos) would go really well with the lyrics if it were mashed up appropriately with the song. Imagine even combining the energy of "Victimized" with the lyrical aggressiveness of "Hit The Floor", I think that would sound amazing.

I consider MTM to be their weakest album. For one, it is their most 'patchwork' album. It also had some songs that are easily beaten by some of the underground demos made at the time. Imagine if proper lyrics were fitted to Basqiuat and Homecoming, and having those instead of "In Between" and "Hands Held High" which I feel are some of LP's most instrumentally weak songs (though the lyrics aren't bad). MTM was a very inconsistent album IMO.

Objectively speaking, ATS is probably LP's best album musically, since it was the most adventurous and experimental but it also felt the most powerful to me. Songs like "The Catalyst" and "Blackout" seem to really encompass a broad range of issues considering all humanity, while delivering a great surge of energy as well.

Even Chester himself considers ATS to be the best album the band has written (this was mentioned in the interview with KMFAtv about The Hunting Party)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

What in the fucking fuck.

Exactly. And this is why I get annoyed when MTM is called a "small step out of the box" (even Mike calls it this which is supper annoying). Fucking wrong. In the context of Linkin Park's career, MTM was the biggest step. ATS was only a "big step out of the box" if that box is the same nu metal box. Because ATS, after MTM, appears natural and logical. This month, I tried to listen to MTM from the point of view of someone who had previously only heard HT and Meteora. It's insane. And I've noticed that, when I listen to MTM, ATS, and LT, I think of a different band than what I think of when I listen to the first two.

I am indeed worried about this too.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The 2nd half of LIVING THINGS saves it for me. COG, Victimized, Roads, Skin to Bone, UIB, Tinfoil and Powerless are all brilliant.

Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

Wow I literally agree with all of this.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

OMG IT'S HYBRIDORA :eek:

I think that most of us can agree that the second half of the album is at least pretty okay. What we're all divided on is whether or not that makes up for the first half. :)

Hybridora

Lol yeah, it's me.

Aside from Powerless, I find the first half more appealing...I found the more rap-foreword stuff off-putting compared to everything else; akin to how I originally felt about Hands Held High.
    Not so much because it's rapping, or necessarily unappealing, but because it felt like it belonged with Fort Minor instead of Linkin Park. But that's just me.

Zachary

Zachary Banned

Meteora. Some of the lyrics were kind of shitty and it was just a pure carbon copy of HT, IMO. I love all of LP's albums (including Meteora) but if I had to vote for my least favorite, it'd be Meteora. I love LT, which I am surprised so many LP fans hate! It's such a good album!

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Wow really? I've only seen the exact opposite sentiment; starts off great and goes to shit.

minuteforce

Does this mean that you've only checked Facebook comments and linkinpark.com posts?

Blackee Dammet

Harder-rock people, for the most part. A lot of people who don't necessarily like just Meteora or HT still find their more "experimental" side more miss than hit.

minuteforce

So, in other words, I guessed correctly. ;)

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

I think there's a mutual agreement on this forum that Hybrid Theory is a good album. I've never seen anyone on this forum put shit on Hybrid Theory...

...yet

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

On another note, I don't understand why anyone would hate the second side of Living Things. I can understand why some would hate "Victimized", sure. But "Roads Untravelled" and "Tinfoil" / "Powerless" I don't understand. :/

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, as much as I wish it was the case, I can at least recall 2 or 3 members here that think HT and nu-metal as a whole are utter shit :sweating:

Well, more than 2 or 3 actually.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Blackee Dammet

Yeah if at some point Facebook and linkinpark.com became filled with trash metal fans.

Hybridora

I always see people say how they dislike victimized...I don't get why aside from it's length. I mean the rapping "style" feels less "Fort Minor" like (as I've previously talked about), and Chester does throw in some nice screams. It kinda reminds me of hit the floor (a highly underrated song) in some ways.

minuteforce

I like "Victimized"! It's one of my top favourites from the album. :)