Would you vote for a woman president?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Mar 24, 2006.

?

Would you vote for a woman?

1. Yes. Gender doesn't equal ability

42 vote(s)
    95.5%
  2. No. I'm an idiot

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

On another forum I frequent, there's a thread/poll with a simple yes/no question...."Would you vote for Hillary Clinton". The thread is overwhelemed with disturbing replies such as "I would never vote for a woman" "women belong in the kitchen" "a woman can't handle running the country" and, well, you get the idea. I'm pretty much the only one who would not only vote for a woman, but would specifically vote for her.

I want to see if I'm the crazy one for thinking a woman can run a country just as well as a man, or if I'm normal and the forum is filled with a bunch of neanderthal, neo-con, male chauvanist assholes. I'm going for the latter, because seeing as how women have sucessfully ran countries in the past, it's obvious that you don't need a dick to be a leader. Seeing that this forum is international in membership, Hillary Clinton may not apply to all of you, so the question is would you vote for a woman (not a specific person, just a human being without a penis) for president/prime minister/whatever.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I most certainly would vote for a woman to be president. There is no reason why a woman can't run this country of ours. I absolutely want to throw up at the fact that there are still men (maybe some women?) out there that believe a woman should be in the kitchen. That's bullshit. For all you know, a woman in the presidency might better things for our nation. Only way to know that is if it happens and I'm pretty sure it will.

Edit: and of course I wouldn't just vote for a woman just because she is a woman. I would want to know what she stands for and so on...

Todd

Sadly, I wouldn't be so sure about that if the forum where those comments came from are any indication of the general beliefs of the US....and I have a feeling they might be.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If George Bush can totally screw up as a president and make a person REGRET HIS VOTE for him, then I'm sure a more intelligent and powerful woman with respectable political beliefs can rule the country.

So far all men presidents have done is screw up from time to time, maybe its time for a female president.

My only worry is her hate against videogames. That's why you should be happy Liebermann isn't vice president.

Todd

Eh...true, but she can't ban them. And I'm old enough to buy them. I don't agree with her though

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That's a "fair and balanced" poll. :lol:

Of course I would. I'd say most women have better reasoning skills than men, who tend to get sidetracked by power, greed, and saving face instead of telling the truth.

Thinking it's possible for someone to "ban video games" is ridiculous. Be real. :lol: Women are most likely to uphold rights such as freedom of speech, ever since, you know, only being granted rights like that just decades ago.

That being said, is it likely to happen soon? Maybe in 30 years. The Conservative Right has too much of a grip on the States nowadays.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Well, I'm in Canada so I couldn't but the principle still applies. I would not vote for her BECAUSE she was a woman, but I wouldn't hold it against her either.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I think what you said and what you intended are two seperate thigns there.

Perhaps "I would not base my vote on whether she was a woman or not."

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah you definitely worded that wrong esaul :lol:.

As for my whole ban videogames arguement..I'm sure its possible to pass legistration banning violent videogames. It already happened in one state.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I wouldn't vote for Condoleeza or Hilary. That's all I'm going to say.

Todd

The poll isn't "Would you vote for [insert name here]", it's would you vote for a woman if you agreed with their political beliefs and whatnot.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

There's only one right answer in a thread like this. That's why I'm not really going into any details. If you say no, then you're a sexist.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Well, if Bush can be president without being kicked off for stupidy [which I'm surprised hasn't happened yet], then I'd be happy to vote for a woman, providing she offered something good for the country.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'd vote for a woman to become President of the United States. So long as she was more than capable of running the country successfully, she'd have my vote.

Seeing as I'm not a Democrat nor a Republican, party doesn't matter to me, either. It's the issues that appeal most to me, and the candidates stance on those issues.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

haha, I love those choices, Todd! :lol:

There is no doubt in my mind that I would vote for a woman president.

I look forward to the day when there is the choice.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The thing is that it's all well and good a women rising to the ranks of president but thats what England thought when we brought in Margeret Thatcher and dear god she pissed pretty much 3 quarters of the country off.

Now I'm not saying there should be no women president, in fact I think it would be quite good for America, however I'm with Casey that if I were living in the US I wouldn't even dream of voting for Hilary Clinton or Condoliza Rice.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It shoudnt be anything about being a "woman", everyone saying that is sexist anyway, it should be about the best candidate for the country, not what sex they are

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION| Well-Known Member

well anything is better than G.W BUSH...i guess MARIAH CAREY wud do a much better job...well if she is head of the state....G.W BUSH can atleast make IRAQI's a descent offer..." TITS FOR OIL "!!!!!!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i have to agree

nari

nari Well-Known Member

Hell yea a woman would do a betta job than howard or bush maybe they're would be less wars