Your Future

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Andrea, Jan 29, 2004.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Man I read some of your posts, and some of you really know what your gonna do...

I think I wanna be in music..or maybe producing/directing. I play bass, and I want to start a good hard rock band. I wouldn't mind writing a script for a movie, and just by reading your posts a few minutes ago I just got the idea of directing, and it sounds fun. I'd like to be like Joe and make music and movies, that would be sweet. But so far I'm trying to get a band put together that is actually good, and work from there. And even though the chances are like 5-50 in making it, I'm gonna work at it. And then while (or after) I'm doing that, learn how to produce. I'm thinking about starting to write a script fairly soon. And the thing about the business I wanna be in, you need to be creative and experienced. And though I am creative I never show it at school...or anywhere else for that fact. I hate writing something important or special to me and then letting people read it...I'm pretty good at bass. I also write songs and poems that are pretty good half the time, so I'm fairly experienced at writing.

And about college...I don't know. I mean if I make it in music I won't need college...at least not for a while. But producing and/or directing I would think you need college. I think I will probably do the same as Will and take one or two years off to get my priorites straight, and see if music is really what I wanna do, and the same with directing/producing. And hopefully I will find what I really want to do (if not music and directing ect).

I'm not doing very good in highschool. (I'm in my 3rd quarter as a freshman) I hate doing homework, I hate being told what to do, and I mean it's hard to do good at something you don't like. And everytime I say that someone says "well you can't always like what you do". Well I'm gonna change that. I will make myself be in something I like, I won't just become a gas station worker or something like that, because I don't want to be unhappy for the rest of my life. I take as many classes I can that I like, but really thats only been about 2 classes.

I'm learning HTML and trying to learn graphics, so I could also have a future in computers. But, not to sound like a sell out, but I want to do something I like AND make money. And I really don't think that there is anyone out there who doesn't want the same (no matter what they say.) It's important if you make money because thats how you live. It's only wrong if your doing something only for the money. But anyways I have quite a few fields I could go into, but I like them all, and I don't know which I want...so I'm stumped really.....

.... :p ....

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Its awesome that you have alot of ideas about what you want to do in life. I like the directing idea, and man the idea of a really good band seems cool, but think about the chances of getting to do it, love it, and get paid like you said. Even though you may not like your classes, you have to just grit through them because the education will help. Try out new classes. You'd be surprised about how many new things there are out there that you might not even know you like. Computers is a good field because, I mean, look at all around us. New technology is everywhere. Just make sure what you do is what you like, and you always have another plan to fall back on.

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

erm at the moment im at college doin engineering but im gonna kick it in aftr summer cos it realy sucks to go to art college and do fine art and design

i got an A in art and if i had gone to art coleg last septembr i would have only hada year left so ive wasted a whole year which sucks lol
    but i should be back on track aftr summer

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Being a senior in high school, I have to make a decision sometime soon. I'm going to college to study creative and technical writing, maybe journalism, and no matter what my career is, I'll remember not to spit into the wind.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm a Junior and I have no idea what I want to do either. I like math and I was thinking business. I am taking accounting right now and it is a lot more boring than I thought it was. I don't know if I want to do that now.

I also want to have my career to have something to with music. I was thinking radio and take communications but I don't know about that either.

I have no clue what college I want to go to either. I know I want to stay somewhat close to home. I have no clue how some people know exactly what they want to do. Most likely, I'll just take a year off after high school and just work to figure out what I want to go to college for.

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

i have no idea.. maybe i'm gonna live at my own

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP, GET OUTTA THE CAR, PUT YOUR HANDS UP, GET OUTTA THE CAR, PUT YOUR HANDS UP, GET OUTTA THE CAR...."

Imma be a cop

"#### YOU PIG, #### YOU PIG, #### YOU PIG"

ha yeh right

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

I always think it'd be fun to be a cop. Imagine all the interesting things you'd encounter each day. Planning on going to the academy after the military.

animal

animal Banned

hoping to own a clothing company

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

I've started high school this year, after high school I wanna go to university to learn about international communication(kinda).. the place I'm gonna work is ready and waiting for me :p
    I also design clothes and I also wanna be a fashion designer ^_^

HARLEYsheXda

HARLEYsheXda Well-Known Member

i'm studying business at the moment... which i've been learning ever since i was 17! it has been six years now... but i dont think i have a passion in the business field or anything related to it... not entrepreneur type of person... (maybe i'm good at assisting people but not at being the figure head!...) i was once placed in the first-in-ranking art class but i turned that down by choosing to be in a school which the core subject are more focused on the developing the human-skills... (it was a vocational school that now has been converted into technical school)... i think it's kinda "repetitive" or tiresome for doing something that's not of our interest... but now that i'm doing my degree, i find that financial is kinda interesting subject rather than management!!... and now that i regret it for having to turn that art class down!!...

i want to pursue a career in the art field after i graduate... doing things that i really like and have passion in... maybe drawing backgrounds or storyboards or something like that... sketching, or maybe playwriting... i do wish i achieve that someday...

<Tino>

<Tino> Well-Known Member

I dont kno why the hell Im posting cuz Im not even near finishing highschool.

But i plan to:
    -Get married
    -Get a better job (if i get one)
    -Start a band
    -Go to College

And thats all i can think of.....

[Fool]

[Fool] Banned

i wanna go into computer games design/ program writing, i think i should go to college jst cuz itll help my knowledge of pc's im pretty gd already but i need 2 practise my design skills with a pc hence all the wallpapers lol :teehee:

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

next year after i finish school i want to move out (thats if i havnt already becuz i HATE being at home) and move intersate (i live in australia) get a job maybe or go to university im not sure then eventually i wanna move to the US ^_^

dlpalex

dlpalex Well-Known Member

I am planning on going to Northwestern University and get a degree in communications and work at a radio station that specialize in Rock, Dance, Techno, Trance, Hip hop, Rap basically today's music.

May

May Ambient

i've actually still have 2 years to decide what i want to do but i'm pretty sure i'm going to do fashion designing or something in the fashion world. or if that doesn't work out a music producer or something in the music business. or if all this fails a make up artist :D but someone actually told me that i'd make a great music video director. Lights Camara Action B)