Your own bands

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Seinfeld, Jul 9, 2006.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Well...My band and I we've just recently had our first performance at our school...and I wanted to know if anyone else can say something about these situations (like band name and stuff)

well....my band's name is: Solid Issues we're playing metal and rock right now and somehow people think we're pretty cool eventhough I fucked up our last song ^_^

(I didn't know where to post this...hope it's okay if it's posted here)

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I used to be in a ska band called The Renegaids. It's kind of irrelevent now becuase we broke up.

I'm starting a hardcore/folk/psychedelic/funk/screamo band. Maybe I'll post here later when that gets going.

Seinfeld

Cool! ^_^ so...uhm...where do you plan on performing? (once you perform with the band you're trying to get together) and are you planning on making a demo CD?

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I have about 5 bands that I work on continually, but only two of them I've shown to anyone.

The first, aptly titled Branden's Band, created by myself on piano (later all instruments thanks to my Mac and a keyboard) and my friend who screams. He came over one day, I turned on a cheap laptop with a built-in microphone, we played, and got about 7 songs written and recorded most in one take in one day. It's pretty shitty, though. It was meant to be humorous. I'll put up some other songs that I deleted for some reason tonight. There's two on the Myspace now though.

The other is xOrangeJUICEx, a band that I created to mock the scene in Dayton of shitty hardcore/"straight edge" bands that seem to be popping up like dandelions on miracle grow. I had one song up, but then deleted the page as I got bored of it, but recently another friend of mine decided he wanted to get in on it again, so as of right now I've got a few demos done, but I need his vocals on them. So we're waiting for that, but you can check out the musicless page.

i've also got a project that involves cover songs done only with piano/drums/bass, a noise/space rock project (probably instrumental) and a band somewhat similar to Branden's Band, but I'm going to try and finish a full-length CD that I'll be putting on LimeWire and BitTorrent, and giving physical copies to my friends, just to get used to working with recording software and stuff (something I'd like to do as a career)
    Hopefully I'll have some of this stuff soon.

Seinfeld

dude...kick ass...I do believe you could make it somewhere with all this stuff...

Tony

Tony war in your bedroom.

I'm in a band, Even Stars Break... we just had our first show not to long ago, it's went really well.

We are planning to book more shows once we get a few more songs done, and we're also planning to record an EP.

We have two full versions of our songs on MySpace, the quality isn't great, but it's a lot better then what was on there before, check us out.

http://www.myspace.com/evenstarsbreak

And these are the lyrics to our songs
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=50207ad6-d9a5-499a-a2aa-7530cbf95f88

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
    Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

My band is called Vacancy In 305.

We've only had a few practices but we have almost 6 full songs and a load of random riffs and such.

We've only got like one recording up and our bassist was on the second guitar and fucked it up a bit as did the lead guitarist as he tried to make up a solo on the spot :lol: We tried to record something else aswell but it came out a lot worse. We tried to record the chorus aswell to check some things and it ended up amusing us so we threw it on our mySpace page.

Anyways. I actually do vocals and play guitar for the band. :)

http://www.myspace.com/vacancyin305

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

My band is called Vacancy In 305.

We've only had a few practices but we have almost 6 full songs and a load of random riffs and such.

We've only got like one recording up and our bassist was on the second guitar and fucked it up a bit as did the lead guitarist as he tried to make up a solo on the spot :lol: We tried to record something else aswell but it came out a lot worse. We tried to record the chorus aswell to check some things and it ended up amusing us so we threw it on our mySpace page.

Anyways. I actually do vocals and play guitar for the band. :)

http://www.myspace.com/vacancyin305

Seinfeld

Cool....well we're going to record a demo CD with 2 cover versions a halfcover version (our own lyrics mixed with those from another band) and our own song...it's going pretty well....it sorrta looks like this:

1.Smells like teen spirit (cover) (Nirvana)
    2.69 tea (cover) (seether)
    3.Destroy all (half-cover) (static-x)
    4.Kiss the floor (our own) (wich will be posted in writers cove soon)

(we can't get in trouble for taking songs from other band and putting them on our CD 'cause we're writing it down who did the original and we aren't asking for money...)

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

are you planning on buying some studio time, or recording it yourself?
    by the way, you should do a better Nirvana song. :p they're all pretty easy, don't worry.
    do Serve The Servants.

Darcy

Fuck that. Do Heart Shaped Box.

Yeah, I don't even know about my band yet. We're still a baby. We've barely even played together. The singer's dad has a hella nice recording setup, so we'll probably get some demo tracks and see what happens.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I have had a solo thing going on for years and years now.

http://www.myspace.com/zakrisk

I have made around 10 albums. 2 that I kind of just kept to myself, 8 that I made more public locally and actually recieved a very good response. I've done many live shows locally, and have earned lots of support, but I decided about a year ago that I'd rather have a band with me. You know? Like...I didn't like the fact that I was always working by myself, and I see bands together and they look like they're having so much fun that I got my friends together to start our own band separate from my solo career.

http://www.myspace.com/jeremyrodriguez

Jeremy Rodriguez was founded by me last year when I was in the middle of recording my From A Different Perspective album and Zach Risc. It was something I thought would be a very fun experience. Since then I have decided I'm going to quit doing my solo thing and work nonstop on Jeremy Rodriguez. We've been getting more band members recently involved in it and we're going to start getting more material and shows lined up here shortly. Then we're going to go into my recording studio and record some demos.

Tons of people ask us who Jeremy Rodriguez is. Usually when we tell them that's our band member they think that there is actually person named Jeremy Rodriguez in the band, but there isn't. We like to think of Jeremy Rodriguez as more of a God-like figure. He's always with us, Jeremy is. Him and his donkey.

Darcy

Haha @ Jeremy.

My friends and I have a guy like that. His name is Jeffrey Wilson.

But usually they just use his name in place of drugs when they want to speak "in code." Hahaha, losers.

Back to the subject, I love your Pokemon theme song cover. It's very classy.

You, my friend, are an amazing person.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm in a band with four of my friends. We've been together as a band for a year and a half now. We've had a number of line-up changes, but the core of the band has never changed. Right now, we're a four-piece.

I'm the main lyricist and second guitarist and I provide screaming vocals every once in a while. My friend, Matt, is the main guitarist, although he claims he doesn't like playing lead because rhythm can be just as fun. We've got two Colins in the band; one plays the drums and the other is a vocalist. We're currently looking for a bassist, although we may end up giving the vocalist Colin the duty.

How we got our name is a pretty neat story. We started off as Two Days Past Forever. Everyone claimed it was an awesome name. After our first drummer was kicked out (due to personal issues), we changed our name to It Came Crashing as we welcomed in a new drummer, a new bassist and a new guitarist. As a six-piece, we had two guitarists, a bassist, a drummer and two vocalists. After last summer, though, our lead guitarist and bassist were "let go." Earlier this spring, the four remaining members were deciding on a new name. Sitting around, I randomly blurted out, "Man, we should just call ourselves 'An Untitled Project.'" Well, that's our name now.

We're mainly a post-hardcore band, although we're not in any specific genre. We're heavy but we've got a lot of acoustics. We don't constantly scream like most post-hardcore bands. In fact, we're sort of like Thrice in the sense that we only scream when neccesary or when it sounds good.

Right now, we're not doing much because of my injuries but we're hoping to get some things done soon. We've got a bunch of songs written and a bunch of ideas for others so we're hoping we can get them solidified. None of us are really motivated right now, though. We're working on that, though.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Thank you!

Haha, Pokemon. When I was singing that song the memories all came back to me.

Darcy

My friend Pat does a killer cover of Pokemon.

Good times.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I currently play in one gigging band called the Mark Stewart Band. We play classic rock/pop, blues, jazz, and rock n' roll. Kind of a dance/entertainment band as we play all covers but everybody is extremely good on their instrument and we have a lot of substance to our music...we all trade improv solos in most songs and I'd say our playing is pretty tight!

Check us out at www.rocketmen.ca.

I am also forming as a quick project for the summer a classic rock/alt. rock/blues project for a five-piece. We probably won't play shows but for fun jam covers from bands like Led Zeppelin, Blind Melon, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Tragically Hip, and bands that are just fun to play...nothing extremely challenging.

Previously this year I have been involved in a Tool/Opeth/Metallica/DT-influenced metal project called Genova. We play a few high school shows and worked out a great amount of material but people were moving away and some were moving on. Also, I played in a band with a similar line-up that did Coheed and Cambria covers. It was a fun band overall, recorded some good versions of "A Favour House Atlantic" and "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth".

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, this is very recent (meaning I got a message on myspace an hour ago) so everything is tentative.

I got invited via myspace to play in the live string section for this band Aubrey. They're an established band that already has an album out and recording time. I've been asked to play viola for their live shows, and I'm probably going to take it because of the convenience of it all (I'm actually moving closer to where they are located, strangely enough, due to college). I started listening to their stuff and it's very hypnotic. Electronica mixed with indie rock... very calming stuff.

Check out their myspace here and another myspace here.

Their actual webpage can be found here.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
    Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Congradulations! That sounds really exciting!

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Wow, everybody on here seems so talented.

I'm trying to learn guitar but I'm not every good, I guess I'm just not suited to be a guitar player. :)
    If I were better I'd have nobody to start a band with either so it doesn't really matter.

Good luck with all your projects, everything sounds amazing!