Your passion for the band in recent years

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Urantia Girl, Jul 14, 2007.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I know, I changed subjects.

I'm awesome like that.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

I've realized that as I've grown up and listened to other music, I kind of question their talent in comparison to other bands. For example i used to think Meteora was the shit, but after years of listening and comparing, i find it to be terribly bland and so predictable. I was really counting on minutes to midnight to redeem my passion for them, and in some ways it delivered, however its sort of frustrating, because i definitely agree in how there is a lot more potential for them, but it seems like they sorta missed the ball. I love LP forever, there's definitely a special place in my heart for them, but I hope there next album combines the best aspects of there earlier stuff with this new sound they're making.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Jonedj, your grammar in that post was terrible. I had to reword it a little and add commas it to make it more easy on the eyes. Please write your next post with more care in regards to how you word things, and how you punctuate your sentences.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

Sorry I'm usually pretty good about the grammar. I guess I'll play the tired card also.

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

I do not listen to LP as much as I used to. But I still hold them in the highest regard. They have inspired me musically in so many ways. Although M2M is not my favorite album by them, I still think it shows their dedication to what they do. I respect them for taking a chance and changing their sound so significantly. As Mike had stated somewhere in an interview, they had their sound down to a formula which they could have used to make a pretty successful and catchy album...but they took the risk and did something different.

In terms of talent, I believe they have room to grow for sure. I feel and have always felt as though Mike is the most talented member (IMO). They are all talented but I think Brad could improve his guitar playing even moreso, and Joe could probably advance his role in the band more. Thats all just my opinion though. My passion is still there, it may not be as huge as it was during the HT years...but then again my hormones aren't raging like they were back then :p

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just wanted to take this opportunity to display just how energetic LP was back in the day. I haven't ever been to their live performances, but I have seen enough to be shocked by what Mike does in this performance. Take a gander!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=krLK1maJJbI

My passion has definitely died down just a tad bit after the four year gap between Meteora and MTM. If they made a 'trilogy' as they had mentioned, with their formulaic style, I wouldn't mind in the least, and they probable would be just as successful, however I feel that Linkin Park did make the perfect decision to change up their style, and experiment. So all in all, I would never completely lose my passion for the band, their music has been a part of my life for a long time now, and as long as they keep pushing out new material until I'm 30 I'll be happy. (I'm 18 now..Lol)

*edit. Heh, just noticed, what a messy post.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007