Your Top 10 Video Games of All Time

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Reed To Black, Jan 23, 2015.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Title speaks for itself. Feel free to discuss any games and edit your list as time goes on.

My List:

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    -This game holds the title of the most time I've ever logged in a game. I think I got 24 days put into it, and I don't regret a second of it. I also doubt I'll ever put more in a game as I now have tons of schoolwork and my interest in games has greatly diminished. This has the best maps of the whole COD series. Highrise, Terminal, Overgrown, Wasteland, and Quarry are some of my favorites. But from the main maps to the DLC maps each and every one of them was fantastic. My friends and I would love playing search and destroy to use teamwork, or we would play domination and try to get da nook :CUMULUS: Some of my fondest gaming memories came from this game, and if they ever put out a remaster I will buy it immediately.

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    -
    3. Red Dead Redemption
    4. Bioshock
    5. Pokemon: FireRed/Ruby
    6. The Last of Us
    7. Dragon Age: Inquisition
    8. MLB 2k5
    9. Call of Duty: World at War
    10. The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2

I'll come edit this with an explanation to each pick but now it's 11:30 P.M. so I better not.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    2. Metroid Prime
    3. Super Mario Bros. 3
    4. Super Mario 64
    5. The Legend of Zelda
    6. Deus Ex
    7. Final Fantasy 6
    8. Pokemon Red/Blue
    9. Chrono Trigger
    10.Fallout 3

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    3. Pokémon main series generations I-IV
    4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    5. Halo main series
    6. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    7. Fallout: New Vegas
    8. Mass Effect main series
    9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    10. Fallout 3

Alphabetical honorable mentions: Civilization IV; Donkey Kong 64; The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind; GoldenEye 007; The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess; Mario Kart 64; Portal & Portal 2; The Sims; Super Mario 64; Super Mario Sunshine; Zoo Tycoon

I listed Pokémon (the main games from the first four generations, at least), Halo, and Mass Effect as series because I played them all together and I can't separate one game from them to choose as a favorite. It's almost impossible.

edit —
    Ha. I guess it's pretty obvious my favorite games are, for the most part, RPGs.

edit 2 —
    Added a couple more honorable mentions. I listed them because they're some of my favorite games—just not top ten.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Alright, I hate lists but I'm gonna give this a shot.

1. Mass Effect (as Will said, can't pick one)
    2. Skyrim
    3. Borderlands 2
    4. Batman Arkham series
    5. Crash Bandicoot III
    6. Borderlands
    7. Last of Us
    8. Pokémon (Red? Idk, its been so long. Just have some really fond memories)
    9. Mortal Kombat (I'm gonna be pretty general here as well, though there are 3 or 4 out of the series I prefer)
    10. Crash Team Racing

Crash Bandicoot III was my first game. That's why the love affair there lol. Also, where the fuck are the Batman games in your lists? Cause that is incorrect.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

These were really, REALLY, tough to rank.

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    2. Mass Effect + Mass Effect 2 + Mass Effect 3
    3. Red Dead Redemption
    4. Halo: Combat Evolved
    5. Dragon Age: Origins
    6. Fallout 3
    7. Starcraft + Starcraft: Brood War + Starcraft II + Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
    8. Bioshock
    9. Batman: Arkham Asylum + Batman: Arkham City
    10. Star Wars: Battlefront II

As you can probably see, I have quite a fondness for Bioware.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

NOT RANKED, JUST TOP 10 PERSONAL FAVORITES.

1. Tetris
    It's Tetris.
    2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Honestly still think it's a better game than Ocarina of Time. Come at me. The use of constraints makes it a much stronger game to me.
    3. Mass Effect series
    I tried to argue my way out of listing this, but this damned series was storytelling at its finest.
    4. Final Fantasy VI.
    Yeah that's right. Not VII. Hell, if it wasn't VI, it'd be VIII. Come at me.
    5. Chrono Trigger
    I don't even care about getting an HD remake of VII. VI or VIII are more important. Or THIS game. Chrono Trigger in HD would have me literally killing bitches in line at the store if I had to stand in line at the store.
    6. Gunstar Heroes
    Probably my favorite game on the Genesis. Such a perfect action game. If you haven't played it, play it. Play it on the most difficult setting and go against one of my favorite boss fights of all time, the Seven Force:

[youtube]Hcyn-FXcFO0[/youtube]

This weapon selection and the guy's skill makes this look easy. It's not.
    7. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
    The perfect fighting game. Honorable mention goes to Capcom Vs SNK 2 and Marvel Vs Capcom 2. But Third Strike takes the cake.
    8. Portal Series
    Portal was a perfect game. Portal 2 expanded the Universe and caused emotions to happen. The perfect blend of humor, plot, and mind-boggling puzzle action.
    9. Neverwinter Nights
    My first forray into Bioware games and it's still one of my favorites. This is how a D&D game should be MADE.
    10. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
    The soundtrack. The mother. Fucking. Soundtrack. And they added Rodney Mullen and flatland tricks like the manual.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

01.Super Mario 64: Hands down, this game is the biggest part my (gaming) childhood. This is such an classic game.
    02.Pokemon Red: With SM64 one of my biggest gaming childhood part. Such an classic and unbelievable how this game developed in the years. Well its more about the childhood vibe i think. Next to that: Emeralde.
    03.Animal Crossing Wild World: I am playing this game after 9 years, that has to mean something :lol:
    04.The Legend Of Zelda: Twillight Princess: Wow, this game was fantastic. The story, the gameplay (i was Link on the wii :D ) and the fights. Very Cool
    05.Pokemon Mystery Red Rescueteam: Wow this was a cool game. Just started weeks ago to play it again. Everytime a lot of fun to be the pokemon.
    06.Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3: The fighting in this games is so damn cool. Love It.Dungeon:
    07.Super Smash Bros. (N64) : Every Nineto Evening such a damn fun game. Fuck all the items, this is the oldschool fighting scene :kappa:
    08.Donkey Kong 64: Amazing game with over 150 hours of gameplay :lol: Years ago it was much cooler, but its still. But the gameplay annoys me somehow today a bit :D
    09.Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins: This childhood :cry: Funny game thought. 2D rules!
    10.The Legend Of Spyro: I mean, how you cant count this game :lol: Its a great one.

I am sure i would add Ocarina Of Time to the list if i ever had play it :cry: I am also sur ei forgot some games.

Mentioned moments:
    - Rayman Revolution
    - The Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

1. Batman Arkham City
    2. Halo series
    3. Bioshock Infinite
    4. Telltale's The Walking Dead
    5. Super Smash Bros.
    6. Batman Arkham Asylum
    7. Assassin's Creed 2
    8. Portal 2
    9. Mario Kart
    10. Sunset Overdrive

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

In no particular order:
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
    • Super Mario Galaxy 2
    • The Last Of Us
    • Super Smash Bros. [Franchise]
    • Pokémon Emerald
    • Mario Kart Double Dash
    • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    • Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

1. Dark Souls (I don't need anything else in the world as long as I have a copy of this)
    2. Halo 3 (This game was like drugs to me back in '07, some of the best memories I've had playing a game came from this)
    3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
    4. Super Mario World (GOAT platformer, I will never need another platformer as long as this exists)
    5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    6. Persona 4: Golden (dungeon crawler, high school life, waifu dating simulator, what more can you ask for?)
    7. The Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess (Yes, I liked this more than OoT, fight me)
    8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    9. Resident Evil 4
    10. Fallout 3

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's why I like it, too. There're way too many people out there who say that's the game's weakness. To me, if that constraint didn't exist, the game would be almost exactly the same as Ocarina of Time, and wouldn't even be worth listing.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

God damnit! Tony Hawks Pro Skater and Battlefront 2!i knew I was forgetting some shit. Hate lists :lol:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I really only got into video games a couple years ago, so I won't have some classic games on here.

10. MLB Slugfest
    9. ATV Offroad Fury
    8. Destiny (I love and hate this game)
    7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    6. Battlefront I & II
    5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    4. Grand Theft Auto V
    3. Pokemon Emerald
    2. Battlefield 3
    1. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Halo 4 was my favorite Halo)

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Sorry in advance I'm a bit of a Nintendo fan...

1. The Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess
    2. Super Mario 64/DS
    3. Super Mario Galaxy
    4. The Legend of Zelda- The Wind Waker/HD
    5. Pokemon Yellow (Red/Blue Whatever)
    6. The Legend of Zelda- Majora's Mask (CANT WAIT FOR THE 3DS VERSION!)
    7. Halo 3
    8. Mario Kart 8
    9. Super Smash Bros Melee (Love the new one, just this one has too many memories)
    10. Banjo Kazooie N64

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Uh that's hard.
    From the top of my head:

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask/ Skyward Sword/Windwaker (Hard to pick one, they are all great)
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Suikoden 2 (If you haven't played this game - BUY IT ON PSN STORE AND PLAY THIS GAME!!!)
    4. Pokemon Crystal/Heartgold & Soulsilver
    5. Donkey Kong Country 2
    6. Super Mario 64/Super Mario Sunshine/Super Mario Galaxy
    7. Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie
    8. Kingdom Hearts 2
    9. Super Smash Bros Melee & Wii U
    10. Super Mario 3/Super Mario World

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

In no particular order:

PES 5, PES 6, PES 2008, PES 2009, PES 2010, PES 2011, PES 2012, PES 2013, PES 2014, PES 2015.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well if you look, you will see many people here mentione Nintendo games :lol:
    Honestly, they made my "childhood" :lol:

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

1. Mario Kart Series (Gosh so many freaking memories, so much rage, so much fun)
    2. Mario Party (9 didn't really impress me but the rest are so much funnnnnnn)
    3. Final Fantasy 4 (This was a fantastic final fantasy. I really liked the character design and story development of this game)
    4. Smash Bros. (Probably would be higher if I had was a more hardcore player early on in my life).
    5. Final Fantasy 12 (I feel this game is underrated but other fans of the series. While Vaan was a little flat as a protagonist, the rest are really good)
    6. Star Ocean (I love this game a lot!!!!!!! The battle system was one my favorite of all time. It wasn't highly skill oriented but the freedom it gave you was fantastic)
    7. Pokemon (More specifically Ruby, Swampert still holds a place in my heart as a top tier pokemon)
    8. Mass Effect (I love the party based traveling system and the story telling was really amazing. It was the first game I played that gave you that much freedom with your character)
    9. Battlefield 2 (My first ever FPS. It was freaking fantastic good times)
    10. Starcraft 2 (First ever professional game that I ever got into and since then I have been fascinated by pro gaming)