Your views?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Tom, Jan 28, 2009.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Today we had a lesson canceled for tutorial period and so it was an 1 hour and 20 minutes of boredom I thought, however a fellow student started up a moral debate thing. blah blah blah.

After quite a while of talking etc someone showed the rest of the people in the room (about 30 of us) a clip from a video and there was so much tension between views it actually broke out into a fight which is very ironic considering the video's contents.

So because it was a worthwhile discussion I thought I should post it here since most of us are mature enough to discuss and argue maturely.

-------------

Note: The video contains a naughty word and violence.

How can she slap me?
    [youtube]YoXfltgD-58[/youtube]
    Link if the thingy above doesn't work

What are your first impressions? Do you think he was right/wrong? Do you think she was right/wrong?

So, share your opinions.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

:S wtf?

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

HOW CAN SHE SLAP MEEEEE?!

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

HAHAHA!!

She was hot though.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

This is ridiculous. :lol:

I don't know what happened before hand, but I'd say the guy is a guest on tv and she's the host, right?
    Well, then that's no way to threat a guest is it? I'd say from his reaction in the very beginning she's asking annoying questions and he kind of rudely says he doesn't want to talk with her.
    Then she has a tension tantrum and yells he has to fuck off... eventually slapping him for making another little comment.

I don't really believe in the "you don't hit a woman" thing. I believe in not hitting anyone. If men and women are equal, then if you're a bitch don't expect not to be hit by a bastard. xD

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

No, the guy in the black jacket between them was the host, that girl is supposed to be some tough chick. Before that clip she's basically calling both of them idiots and humiliating them etc.

Here's my view:
    If women campaign so much to get equal rights as men, when the case comes as a man vs man both are to blame for being equally as stupid, however when it's a woman vs a man, the male is the attacker.

As for the no hitting a woman thing that's a load of bullshit, you in general never hit people because you'll turn out to be an ass, however if someone slaps or punches you, regardless of gender, I think you have every right to hit back to even it out.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd hit her back if she would talk shit about me and slapped me.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Women are generally weaker than men, so some discretion must be used (if a girl slaps you, then you slug her back and knock her out, even if using the same relative amount of your total strengths, you were going too far). But that is just generally true for a stronger vs a weaker person, and the correlation with men and women is coincidental.

But they seemed relatively equal in their hits. The guy over reacted it seems, but I think she deserved the slap.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Someone needs a timeout.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

Oh come on now, guys! If a girl slaps you, you take it as a man and do nothing about it. I know it doesn't make much sense, but that's just the way it is. A "real" man would never hit a girl. Period.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

That is ridiculous. Just because something is a social norm doesn't make it right.

Maybe you should stay in the kitchen. That's just the way it is.

Such blatant sexism is disgusting.

Chris Tucker

Chris Tucker Banned

Wow.

That doesn't even deserve a response.

TheRockChick

Wow...

Okay, this is ridiculous.

Would you hurt a, say, cat because it scratched you? Just because you are stronger? Just because you can? Seriously, man. Men shouldn't hit women, because they respect them. And if you don't , well, then I don't think there's anything left for me to say to you.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I don't think anybody has the right to hit anyone else and if you hit someone, you should expect to get hit back.

With that said, I don't believe in hitting women and I never have or will.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I would try not to hit a cat because it is not my EQUAL. It is below my intellectual level, it doesn't understand it's actions. So I would try to avoid hitting it.

Women are the equals of men. The fact that I treat them as such means I do respect them as much as I respect men. They know what they are doing as much as I do. If they hit me, they get hit back. I am not that strong, I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few women COULD beat me up. And as I said, you should try to calibrate the hit you give to your strength. Don't crack the skull of a girl who slaps you. But if they decide they want to breach the physical barrier, then they must be comfortable with you doing it too.

Women aren't cats, they are humans. They are held accountable like humans are.

I respect men and women equally, and hence will treat them equally. What you condone is raw sexism- it is saying violence against one sex is okay but not against the other. Or violence perpetuated by one sex is okay, and not the other.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
    SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

well I have two sisters
    and ill i have to say is if they hit me, I hit back
    if someone slaps me, i slap regardless of who it is
    but i would never hit a girl first
    if they dont want to get hit
    they shouldnt hit first

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

My view is that no one should be slapping, hitting or inflicting any type of physical pain on someone no matter what gender. Violence should be a very last resort and if you can't control yourself from inflicting physical pain on someone as a result of an argument (or anything else for that matter) then you need to reassess your temperament.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I would like to be clear, I fully agree with this. 100%.

I am just saying if someone hits you, you are not more in the wrong than they are for hitting them back in a way that causes equal amounts of damage as they caused you.

TheRockChick

I will have to agree with that.

But I still think it's wrong for men to hit women.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

i'm laughing at this whole thing, really. it's okay for women to hit men, yeah? but when a man hits a woman? oh fuck guys, call President Obama and anyone else that'll listen and arrest that piece of shit!!

such double standards. it's really bullshit. i'm with Sylar and Hellflame on this issue.