Your Wish List

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by JJ, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

001. Have them sing a song that for once doesn't talking about 'wanting to run away from the pain' or something like that. Something a little new and different.
    002. Brad needs to get better ideas for guitar chords.
    003. Rob needs to step out a little more.. he seems like the kind of guy that never talks it allmost seems like he's not apart of the band. He's an awsome guy and i'd like to hear him play fills more often as well like in Rock AM Ring.
    004. Chester needs to scream more
    005. Every song Mike raps in sounds allmost monotone or exactly the same. He needs a little more depth put into it.
    006. Rob definently needs to play fills. From what he plays now doesn't even show real potential of what he really can do. That's what I think at least..

I tried to pick out flaws of each of the band members instead rather then rambling on about what to put on the next CD. I think they have the potential to have a better performance than what they all have allready.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You've got Rob twice and missed Phoenix :)lol:), but great points!

enfestid

enfestid Guest

01. I want 15 songs all around 3 to 4 minutes with the exception of an intro track (but not like the Meteora one... I want one more like "A.06").
    02. I want more songs to blend rapping and singing together, like "Figure.09" did in Meteora and "Forgotten" did in Hybrid Theory.
    03. Lower the production values. Make it sound more like Hybrid Theory, as in more raw. I don't mean "Lying From You" raw, though... I hate that song. :p
    04. Make the majority of the tracks heavy songs, with maybe 2 to 4 slower songs (like "In The End", "Numb", "Breaking The Habit", etc.)
    05. Keep it rock. I want a straight-up rock album, like Breaking Benjamin's We Are Not Alone or Josh Todd's You Made Me. I love Mike's rapping just as much as anyone here, but when he gets a rap song I want more rock in it (like "Step Up").
    06. As Jack Black would say, I want face-melting guitar solos.
    07. No acoustic. Me no likey.
    08. No "on your own" songs like Fred Durst is known to do. Linkin Park is a band, as in not one person.
    09. A good album cover and CD art :p Sorry, but I hated Meteora's album cover and CD art. It may not sound like a big deal, but a lot of times there are people who will buy an album simply based on the album cover -- everything needs to be polished.
    10. Possibly writing contributions from other artists, and maybe even a few collaborations (but only ones that make sense... as in similar artists that wouldn't ruin the "Linkin Park sound").

EDIT: Oh yeah... I want dark songs! Something like "So Cold" from Breaking Benjamin... or what "Carousel" and "And One" were like on the EP.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

You've got Rob twice and missed Phoenix :)lol:), but great points! [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I didn't put Phoenix because he didn't have many flaws really. I couldn't really think of anything but as for the putting Rob twice thing, yeah that was an accident oops. :lol:

Jennster

Jennster "That's hot."

Rob singing/rapping in some songs :lol:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

1. Heavier music...maybe darker too.
    2. Less Rapping and More singing/screaming
    3. More Complicated Guitar Riffs/Bass Parts
    4. Like Anya said, More Drum Fills from Rob
    5. Longer songs or a Longer CD
    6. A Full-Length Instrumental (like 3-4 minutes long)
    7. Maybe a 10 minute song with a long instrumental thrown in the middle (thatd be pretty cool)
    8. Mike singing
    9. Heavier
    10. Heavier
    11. Heavier
    12. did i say Heavier yet?

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

What other song structure can the do? [/b][/quote]
    loads. theres a good one i like with verse/i word chorus/verse/ one word chorus/ bridge/ one line for the rest of the song. that sounds good. also i think it would be good if they started off a song with like, a sample or something, and brought in the rest of the instruments later instead of them all coming in at the intro. makes the song more interesting.

singing in a foreign language would also be cool :D

seriously- id like more screaming, and i like hybrid theorys sound better than meteora cos theres too many samples in meteora, but whatever it is ill be happy, cos i always am

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Interesing Posts..

I would like to see:
    More Rapping like Step Up and Part Of Me
    More Of Joe and Mike's Interludes
    A cello/violin instrumental kind of like Ntr_Mssion
    Another orchestra song like BTH
    More Screaming
    Heavier Riffs
    Louder Bass
    And more overall creativity. Like on the EP and HT

[Brkng Th H@bt]

[Brkng Th H@bt] Active Member

I just want a good album with songs that are much more complex and unpredictable. Meteora seemed too much like Hybrid Theory. If LP does the same mistake again, that would really suck. That would mean two albums gone to waste.

Pilkington

Pilkington Well-Known Member

I'll risk certain flaming and say I'd like an album more like Reanimation. I'd like them to continue the experimentation they expressed with Meteora, but feel less commercial pressure on them. Maybe bring in a more 'underground' co-producer to balance out Gilmore?
    A longer album is a definite, 35Minutes is a joke :)
    Preferably no guitar solos, and maybe more ambigous lyrics.
    Numb was an opportunity wasted... How hard could it of been to send the master tapes to a dance/club remixer? The track was crying out for that kind of treatment...

Basically, I'd want them to do whatever is necessary to get the best out of a song, and for goodness sakes, bring in someone else to compile singles...WB clearly have no idea :unsure:
    Not that anyone is interested in my views though! :p

dementdmonkey

dementdmonkey Active Member

ok here's my wish list:
    1) first of all the songs got to be getting longer here. another 37 min album will just be, i dont know, it's just to short. they just need to lenghthen the songs a little more thats it
    2) i like all the darkness, but happy songs would be nice. i heard somewhere in an interview that they don't like to sing about love, even though "with you" probably not what you would think of when you here love song, it's still there. for once i'd like to hear chester singing about how happy he is, maybe even with mike doing back up vocals in a beautiful high pitch note...yeah right like that'll happen :p
    3) solos solos solos. i want to hear what the rest of band's made of. i know they have it in them
    4) i also like slow, soft songs. so it's no surprise that i love My December so much. please, please, please just one more like it. just one
    i dont know if the thing on a storyline will happen or not. i'd like that too but if they do it'll definitely not be too personal. they're songs are always catchy so i don't think we'll have to worry about that.
    okay i think i'm done now. :D

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

Oh yeah, and louder bass.

_Shifter_

_Shifter_ Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear a little bit more guitar work, maybe a Brad solo, as you guys said. Of course another length would be super, 45 mins would definitly be ok.
    But I can't understand your wishes of hearing songs about harmony and luck.
    I believe that this is their style and they should record songs like Meteora. Otherwise you could listen to other bands.
    That is just my opinion.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

all your suggestions are cool and all, but i have seen a pattern emerging - you all want to see the raps 'dropped.' And to me, rapping is a huge part of the band. if they take out key elements like this they will sound like any other band. LP are their own unique sound, just like every other band has theirs, but LP are different - they do things other bands dont dare to do. they take on the challenge of blending most types of music into one, which they did with Hybrid Theory and Meteora, and now what they have to do IMO is change things about, but still managing to hold onto their own sound. they cant just miss these things out - they have spent like 7 to 8 years getting their sound how they like it.

but i might be proved wrong - they might do something along the lines of reanimation or do something that all you guys seem to be leening towards ^_^ (which i wouldnt mind that much) whatever that the guys make i'll support.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I agree with the whole "rap is key" thing, but I dont want them to do rap songs like on Reanimation. They should stick to rap songs like they did with Step Up, the High Voltage remix, and Hit the Floor. Heavy, but still rap.

JJ

I agree with the whole "rap is key" thing, but I dont want them to do rap songs like on Reanimation. They should stick to rap songs like they did with Step Up, the High Voltage remix, and Hit the Floor. Heavy, but still rap. [/b][/quote]
    Nate i agree with you totally

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

1)A little bit more tracks with just mike singing/rapping
    2)More songs that go a little bit faster like Faint
    3)Better drum work from Rob and guitar for Brad
    4)Solo parts for Joe in some songs
    5)More bass from Phoenix, like what they did with Place for my head
    6)Songs that last longer

finaldude14

finaldude14 Well-Known Member

-Dj interludes :joe:
    -longer total time (an hour would be cool)
    -Cure for the itch 2!
    -Another song like "My December"
    -and NOT destroying the demos!!!(maybe have the demos as the lpu 5.0 CD)
    -Another album cover from Mike and Joe
    -A limited edition release with a DVD of "The making of"

Thhhhats all folks

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

I'm going to echo everyone, because I can't quote EVERYONE!

Ok:

.:. New producer OR self-produced (don't matter to me!)
    .:. Like Nate said, orchestra
    .:. Acoustic maybe
    .:. 15-20 songs (oh yeah, I like to test the limit)
    .:. More mike singing
    .:. Maybe some more screaming, who knows...
    .:. Maybe another appearence by the X-Ecutioners (god, I really like them!)
    .:. Less rapping...
    .:. But if we do have some rap, at least have Kanye West or Neptunes work on ONE track... that would be pretty interesting, if I do say so myself :whistle:
    .:. God knows this will never happen, but a girl can dream: maaaaaaaaaaaybe a little surprise visit from Amy Lee? Can ya say coolness? I'm sure we can, but I doubt we'll be physically able to.
    .:. And, oh yeah, a reanimation of Hit The Floor ;) That would rock!

I'm outie

JJ

nice - iam not sure about may lee though lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.