Chester Bennington Support Thread - We're here for you

Discussion in 'Chester Bennington' started by Kevin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's important to understand that grief can affect everyone - even those who are mental health professionals and those who are very strong-willed. After all, we are human. I'm glad you are getting help. Be strong, and we will all overcome together. We are here for you!

I would not recommend listening to that, especially at this time. Audio and imagery replay in the mind like nothing else, which can exacerbate the grieving process. If you really want to, nobody can stop you, but I think folks are better off ignoring it.

dreamerpoet likes this.
  2. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Blimey. How damaging for people to hear that

3. dreamerpoet

dreamerpoet Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!! We know it happened.....we don't need that, the family doesn't need that, the band doesn't need that...it was COMPLETELY unnecessary....I felt that way over Chris Cornell, too. I just don't get it.

Carla likes this.
  4. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Well I'm fucked because I did listen to that today. Someone tagged me below. I at first thought that I would hear nothing new because I already knew how it happened and who had found him and so on... It disturbed me tho. Omg I really shouldn't have done this, tho I didn't get to know anything new....

5. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

It feels a bit sick that someone has got hold of the recording and then published it for the world to hear. Why would you do that?

6. dreamerpoet

I'm so very sorry!

Lynn likes this.
  7. dreamerpoet

Sadly, some people will do anything for money, and those people have no integrity. I will never understand how people can be so disgusting.

Lynn likes this.
  8. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Part of me wanted to but was at work and thought it not appropriate to do it there. After reading the comments here I am so glad I didn't

Lynn likes this.
  9. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

I don't know why I'm always so stupid ... Always doing shit I know won't be good for me. I'm always scared something happens and I would miss some news. I should stop. And I shouldn't even said it here - why am I so selfish. I'm sorry

10. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Lynn. YOU ARE NOT SELFISH. you have nothing to be sorry about. You are human and we are prone to do things that may be not the best for us. This negative thinking is not going to help you through this, it will only serve to keep you low. We are all vulnerable right now and this means a lot of negative thoughts about ourselves are active. These thoughts are like reading a newspaper....... Nit always very true. Don't believe all you think

11. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

@Lynn - I understand why you listened to it. I'm sorry that it impacted you the way that it did. Sadly, such audio tends to be disturbing to listeners - and outlets like to share it because it is part of the sensationalism of the whole thing. It's okay, don't beat yourself up for it.

You are not stupid. You are grieving. This is difficult, and it is okay.
    You are not selfish. You are grieving. This is difficult, and it is okay.
    There is no shame in grief, no shame in sadness, no shame in loss. At all.

You will be okay. But please, stop shaming yourself for this. There is no need for that, and you will only make yourself feel worse. Please take some deep breaths, and remind yourself that this will pass, and you will be alright. Because you will be. I promise.

Lynn likes this.
  12. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

Thank you @Carla I need to get out of my head what that stupid ass audio said. I'm wiser in future...

13. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Louie..... Do you want a job as a therapist as you are good at this

dreamerpoet and Lynn like this.
  14. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

@Louis thank you. I hope it will get better even tho I messed up listening to this .

15. dreamerpoet

You're not stupid or selfish!! We are all doing things that aren't in our best interest right now because we're hurting and like Carla said, lots of negative thoughts are active. Just like, I know I shouldn't be reading comments on posts, while most are very positive, there are some that......well, just aren't. I'll leave it at that...and it puts me in a dark place that I've had to constantly remind myself I'm not there anymore and I need to stay off the shit......but I still find myself doing it and having to pull myself out of the cesspool that is my brain.

Lynn likes this.
  16. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

@dreamerpoet thank you. You and everyone here shows me I'm not alone and I appreciate that so much <3

17. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Lynn. Honey. Take a breath, as you breathe out say to yourself: i wish you well, i wish you happiness, i wish your suffering to relieved. As you do this imagine a compassionate image giving you strength, a plant, sun, pet are good. Just don't use chester as this is too raw right now. Its a technique for trauma used in compassion focused therapy :buddies: I'm sending you this hug as i want to help relieve your suffering

Lynn and dreamerpoet like this.
  18. dreamerpoet

You're welcome, but please know that's why we're all here!! We're not alone in our grieving and we WILL get through this together. It is not going to be easy, but we're going to get there minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day

Lynn likes this.
  19. Lynn

Lynn Well-Known Member

@Carla You're an angel <3

Carla likes this.
  20. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Thanks @Lynn. I have to say that being on here and finding posts I can reply to is helping me too as it is reminding me of my therapy training and actually can start to try to use it as well. I need to find a new compassionate image though as chester used to be the one I used with great success.

Lynn likes this.