25.01.11 - Detroit, MI

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Yeah, I've stared at this for a while (Ben, you said you weren't going to do this!!! /talking2self) and I'm with you guys. But the encore is still the greatest they've played IMO. But LOATR, SOTD, and No More Sorrow in the same set? No thanks. The band obviously loves A Thousand Suns, so why don't they fucking play it? Songs like Wretches and Kings should never be dropped for overplayed M2M and Meteora songs (I'm talking to you NMS and LFY). In my opinion, they should play every ATS song that they can, though I understand Robot Boy and Bits are having some issues.

But that leads to another question, what was the band doing between Australia and Sunrise? I get that they need their rest, but it seems pretty ridiculous that they didn't get these issues resolved much before the tour began.

I really hope for a set C as well.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They could reasonably play all of ATS, and still have enough room for songs from MTM, HT and Meteora. There's no excuse not to play more ATS.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

rumor has it that C is a setlist with BITS in it. Who knows about blackout. But I'm hoping C is the perfect setlist cuz I B still isn't my fav. No WK ruins it for me. And a robot boy premiere wouldn't be so bad. C should be every ATS song and all popular singles and HT stuff that people so desperately want (just to make reasonable)

I think the band and mike should definitely read these last three posts ^ because it's not common that'll I'll complain about linkin park, but I'm complaining.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The biggest reason I want C is so I don't know what the order is. I'm still mad that I couldn't resist looking. I'm terrible at this :lol:

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

im going to the toronto concert and they play in montreal the night before. They will probably use the same set for both so im going to know the songs before thy play :(. Theres no way i have the will to not check. But i agree this set isn't that great. The other one was better

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

So there we have it. Pretty awesome encore, but the rest of the show is predictable. Hardly as good as it was hyped up to be, I mean "as good as it gets for ATS" couldn't be more wrong here. It would be that if it included W&K for a start, and then BitS & The Messenger as a bonus, but without those it's hardly that. Take out Blackout and this set wouldn't surpass the other, it's a shame they cut W&K as well, both would be awesome.

Glad to see the band mixing it up and look forward to any new sets they play.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Damn! Oh well, I guess I'm happy enough knowing Blackout debuted here in Australia...

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I like this setlist! Subtract Wretches and Kings, Breaking The Habit and The Messenger for Lying From You (meh), Leave Out All The Rest (one of my faves from M2M) and Blackout (!!!)

I'm still hoping for Burning In The Skies at some point.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

I was there, will post thoughts sometime soon.

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

This show was beyond amazing. This band is one of the best live acts on this planet.

My take: Kinda sad they dropped W&K as it's one of my favorite tracks on ATS. I love LFY so I was happy with that addition, Not having Breaking The Habit was kinda weird, and I was kinda upset that they played LOATR instead. I noticed that I really do not need M2M in my live shows. I already don't like the album, but outside of Bleed It Out, I really wasn't excited for any of the m2m songs. NMS is fun, but I'd rather have ANYTHING from Meteora or HT.

The encore was the single greatest thing ever though. Blackout into Papercut!? Faint and One Step as a 2 part closer? AMAZING

I don't like The Messenger so I was fine with that dropping, nor do I like Robot Boy so I'm happy that wasn't added.

BITS woulda been nice though. Kinda sad they didnt add the chorus in Bleed it Out :(

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Papercut in the encore seems great to me!

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

the setlist ist just amazing!!! for me it was the best setlist they did on this tour so far! Amazing!!!

AnTeC

AnTeC Well-Known Member

Does anybody that went know the audio download code for this night?

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Wouldn't it be weird to do ATS in full and then a few old tracks after? It kinda seems weird that way...

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Set B11 basically seems to be a revamped version of the Best Buy Theatre set-list if I'm not mistaken. And I agree with Derek in that this was overhyped. However, it has Blackout, so I would love seeing it.

LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Derek. No Wretches an Kings and The Messenger, but LFY which we already heard 1000 times. Also no Robot Boy and no BITS, that´s a little disappointing. The only thing I like about this setlist is the opening with New Divide and also the returning of Blackout but honestly that´s all. But I´m sure they will find their perfect setlist during the NA tour, it´s just a matter of time:)

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I really hope they play Wretches and Kings at Chicago. I'll be kinda mad if they don't. If I hear Leave Out All The Rest and W&K isn't in the set I'm going to be pissed. The encore is pure pwnage though.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Opening: AMAZING
    Encore: REALLY EFFING AMAZING
    Overall: Needs W&K's and The Messenger, otherwise this is the best setlist they've ever had. :awesome: Actually it would blow my fucking mind if they added QWERTY just once :shifty:

--RS

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's funny, people either think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but lacking some great songs, or that it was totally overhyped. No middle ground :lol:.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Well it was good set list...it was good...but...yeah...missin W&K....and the Messenger...and BITS....like I said it's good....not !)%)!)%@($@( AMAZING!....but yeah needs those....needs those songs. Stupid Justin Beiber.

I CALL DOUBLE ENCORE AT MSG :awesome:

--RS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.