+44 Update

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Dedicated, Sep 3, 2006.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

nvm i found them, huge dissapointment i don't know if i will be able to listen to a full plus44 cd (at least for now)

Li

Li Well-Known Member

I don't think it's been said, but another song called "when your heart stops beating" is out there. It's a pretty basic song, but it's not bad. It has a similar feel to Lycanthrope.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah. I like the lyrics to the second verse in When Your Heart Stops Beating.

She says it all without a thought in her head
    She says it all as she's pressed up against me
    A little something just to take off the edge
    A little more and i'll fall off the planet entirely

xD

@Mark - AAA aren't unique. They're U2. The thing that annoys me most about AAA though is the fact that they had the potential to be something amazing but blew it by making 4/5 minute songs which easily could have just been 2/3 mins long if you took out the stupidily long, and boring, synthesized intros and outros.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I couldn't agree more. AVA has fulfilled some of my expectations but I really thought they would come up with something better than this album.

It's like this entire album was Tom's view on the break up but I think they can do much better.
    They're all great musicians with a lot of experience so I'm sure the next album will be much better than We Don't Need To Whisper (if Tom let's the others have a say in it at least.)

I was really hoping +44 would be different with the girl and the electronic stuff they were talking about.
    Mark's vocals aren't as great as Tom's in my opinion.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Why does the length of the song matter? If it's a good song, it's a good song. I used to care if songs were long, but I stopped caring about that a long time ago.

And I disagree that Angels & Airwaves "[are] U2." Yes, they both have interesting arrangments, but other than that, how are they alike? The lyrics are so utterly different it's not even funny, and the instrumentals sound nothing alike other than the occasional arrangement.

Dedicated

The length of a song matters when you can't actually keep the listener interested for a long time. I agree with you completely that if a song is good, then it's a good song. The one problem with this is that AAA's songs really aren't that good. They're alright, but they're definitely not great.

Okay. Maybe saying that AAA "are" U2 wasn't completely accurate, but I can definitely see similarities. The fact that Tom has also started to dress and perform like Bono just accentuates this. This is just my view though...

I just think that piling effects onto a song doesn't make it good. Maybe I'm just more interested in the persons ability to play their instrument well instead of a computers ability to change how things sound.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Obviously if you're here, you've listened to Linkin Park at some point or another. That same argument (about computers and other machines "enhancing" their music) could easily be made, but you likely know they can play it live and it sounds essentially the same. It's the same with Angels & Airwaves. What you hear on the album they can play live. It's not like they're just fixing everything in Pro Tools.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I don't understand what makes either of these bands stick out in any light. There's nothing surprising and nothing new. To me, it's just bland.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

word

Dedicated

True. Except for Tom's singing. xD

But anyways... +44 and AAA or blink? blink. Hands down.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Yeah, Blink will always be the best music Mark, Tom & Travis will ever make.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

That is the truth.

As for Plus 44, and AVA. I think Tom is doing better with AVA, than Mark and Travis will do with Plus 44. But I'll still like Blink 182 the most.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Boxcar Racer? :lol:

Dedicated

:lol:

I have to say that Boxcar were an amazing band. Their album is one of my favourites ever made xD