A Problem

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Luke, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I don't know, either. From what I understand is ahamLP is upset with Nate because he closed something that ahamLP apparently created on his own. The only unfourtunate thing we've been trying to tell him is his so called "creation" has been done before and is still being done to this day. It seems that ahamLP won't... accept that, so thus this "argument" continues... Which I don't know why I bother anymore.

ahamLP, you can go ahead and believe what you want, but I suggest you learn how to accept things and move on. :lol:

If anyone has any concerns, please don't be afraid to post them. :)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I have a problem with Linkin_EvangelionNG saying:

In that "Coincidences" thread. I was under the impression wishing death on someone (no matter who) is a banneable thing.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I actually have a problem with the "Bush Assasinated!" thread. I know it's an April Fools joke but I am a Bush supporter and I was offended when I read posts like "I had my hopes up."

Wishing death upon someone is just...bad.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Yeah, if I was banned for doing the same thing, I think some people should get verbally warned/actually warned/banned for doing virtually the same thing.

Paul

I don't even understand how Mark or Tomi would want Bush dead when he isn't even the president of their country. All in all, I'm just sick of all the Bush bashing that happens on this forum.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Agreed. I always feel outnumbered here as a Bush supporter. Most people here are Democratic Bush-Bashers and it just pisses me off because sometimes they take it just way too far.

Kæton

I just closed the thread. I agree that an opinion can go too far. Wishing death upon anyone no matter who they are is cold, so I agree at it's level of disrespect.

But remember that there will always be people against your opinion. If there is in fact Bush bashing, it's in their opinion, and those who are for Bush can speak their mind as well. If you're afraid to be bashed for your opinion, then that's your problem. People should accept all opinions with an open mind, so if that's your excuse, I don't think anyone can help you there.

Paul

There would be no point in saying my opinion because I will be outnumbered.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I don't have a problem with the Bush bashing. It's just when people cross the line from Bush bashing to Bush death wishes.

I'd just like to see rules implied for stuff like that, since it obviously was when I crossed the line.

Kæton

Well, that's again, not really our problem to fix... (edit: This was implied to Paul)

I go through being outnumbered a lot in my life, but that's not stopping me from stating my opinion. I don't let the numbers get to me. I think my opinion is just as good as the next guy's no matter how many support me because if it's something I feel strongly about, then forget what others think, it's what I think and that's all that matters.

As I am here now, I am only but one man, at that I am not an admin so I can't solve your problems, but I am here trying to help, giving my own opinions, though I know a lot have/would disagree with what I say, I am still here. Whereas I cannot speak for the others, the only difference I see between Casey's comment and those in the April Fool's thread was the following: Casey's comment was directed towards something that actually happened, I think, whereas this was made up from the start, so in the lines, yes, they're both wrong, but I think case and point... The difference here is that the situation, in which a joke was made differs from reality and fiction.

Again, hopefully nobody is going to jump me for trying to explain this out. I am just assuming what's going on as I have pretty much been the only staff member really posting here, so bare with me. If.. anyone else would like to add in their opinion, I guess do so.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

aham, just stop. Every new post you make in here makes you look more ridiculous. Please, preserve your dignity, and stop.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I don't know, I still think wishing death on someone should be a warnable/bannable offence.

Reading that April Fools thread, it doesn't seem like they're just commenting on it. It seems, to me, that some are actually taking it a bit further and actually wishing it happen. Yeah, that's still commenting on the thread, but some are actually wishing it happen, which in my mind is the exact same thing I did.

Only I really know if I was joking or not when I said what I did to Branden when it happen. If I was to say I was joking, no one would believe me. If I said I wasn't, everyone would think I should still be banned.

That's just my two cents. Regardless of what happens, thank you to Keaton for actually taking time and responding to myself, and Paul.

Kæton

I understand and I personally would apologize to anyone offended on my behalf.

I'm going to have to let the admins decide on a decision, I think, though I know a lot of you have fears, trust that I guess we'll have to go back and discuss some of these loopholes in our system... or such. At any rate, I would just like to thank you all for talking without getting angry and such.

Anything else, I'll be sure to try and check out and such. :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It was a joke. ;)

Surely, for someone like you who rarely uses smilies to convey their sarcasm, I should be allowed to do so as well. I would never wish death upon someone like that. I'm not a savage.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Oh. Well, many apologies then.

I'd like to suggest a rule that sarcasm be marked by smilies. <_<

Kæton

Indeed. Sarcasm is hard to indicate... :lol:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

To tell you the truth, I didn't bother reading half of his posts. Like, how can you make a good arguement if you don't even bother with grammar? Kids these days, I swear.

[Th3 Wkng De@d]

[Th3 Wkng De@d] Banned

Agreed. I always feel outnumbered here as a Bush supporter. Most people here are Democratic Bush-Bashers and it just pisses me off because sometimes they take it just way too far. [/b][/quote]
    I'm with you, man.

ahamLP

ahamLP Well-Known Member

This only continues because you don't seem to understand the whole point of what I'm trying to say: Get over it and move on.

No matter what you lead yourself to believe, it won't change what has been done. I ask how you can relate calculus to how people type. Calculus and other forms of mathmatics have much more to it, and they have branched from many years of study. Are you telling me you studied words for many years only to come up with shortcuts like "u's" to mean "use" when in fact they're both three characters long and take the exact same amount of time to type depending on how much you know the keyboard?

I never wanted to have to break down your little creation, but I suggest you just learn to accept the fact there wasn't much unique-ness to your "creation" and move on. For the sake of yourself and LPA, just move on and accept it, please! [/b][/quote]
    You all are right,I guess I should move on,so probably(hopefully) this will be my last reply,but when I see the whole thing again from the moment I posted my grievence one thing is true, neither am I consistent nor the LPA is consistent in their arguments why? if you had read the coversation completely you would have known,but let me tell you why,because first I was accused of posting a pointless thread,then I was accused of not being creative,then accused of copyiong an already existing stuff,then accused that there wasnt quite much uniqueness in the thread that I posted,so in the end which one is the stand of LPA now,because if the thread was pointless and not so creative why are the poeple here saying that those things have been created long back and most people knew it(wow so a pointless thing that everybody knew and stayed to such a long time, great),so the next thing, I had copied it then from somewhere, if you believe so please tell me where can I see those things on the internet(you still havent told me where can I find those things which you say were created long before hope please tell it now),and the last thing that those thing werent much unique again if it isnt unique how is it that they have been known from a long time,everything that has been said is contradicting,I hope the concerned people will make it clear, and about that calculus thing I just took it as an example and to draw parallel between that case and my case and that doesnt mean I am great as those people,I just created something(yes I still believe so) so I thought why not post it somewhere on the net.

Kæton

For God's sakes, man, DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ?

For the last fricken time I am going to sum this up for you. So listen up.

Your thread was closed because it was pointless. Why was it pointless? BECAUSE IT HAS NO RELEVANCE. Why does it have no relevance? Because disreguarding what you may think, IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE. I TOLD you you can find your typing styles in chatrooms. For God's sakes, READ!

I am trying real hard not to get real with you, so don't push my buttons, you obviously don't know or want to take my adivce. MOVE ON, for the love of God, MOVE ON. I'm not even going to waste my time with you anymore if you're going to completely disreguard my posts.

I don't know if you have a hard time comprehending what I say or not, but you are giving me the impression you have no idea what you're talking about anymore. Your thread was closed because it wasn't unique--there was no point to your thread. It will forever be closed, and anything like it will be unless it has a better foundation. Let it go you poor kid, geez. Stop living in denial for God's sakes.

What exactly did I miss this time, huh? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.