A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonnyIanni

SonnyIanni Well-Known Member

very true lparker55. I wonder how they are going to preform on stage. And I do love Coldplay and Metallica.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wonder how long it will take for some people to realize you don't need prominent guitars on every track to make good music. Probably never, but I'm just curious. Cause it's really annoying to see so many narrow-minded points of view in this thread.

3. Switchback

Switchback Well-Known Member

I prefer softer music, anyway. This album sounds fantastic to me.

4. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that at shows they will have 2 keyboards on stage at times, maybe. Have mike playing piano and brad playing a synth or something. Chester may have to pick up a guitar once or twice. Even on the catalyst, during the outro there is synth and piano, so thats the only way i can think to do it without having something pre-recorded

5. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

haha actually a bongo drum would be badass but you know what I mean... it's like the band should be a three man band now Mike, Chester and Joe... Because the other two will just be standing there, they may as well just sit in the front row

6. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

Sure, in the area of creativity and art of music but who's arguing that???, does there need to be a point behind a point?

7. lparker55

So it seems like some of us are agreeing that LP has gone to Coldplay... Never saw that coming

8. Derek

Let's not start fighting over what band is more talented than the other. That's getting off topic, and will only serve to derail the thread. I'd prefer if people just spoke about LP in this thread (unless citing what bands the songs remind of them of etc).

And for the record, it sounds NOTHING like Coldplay. Have you guys actually listened to a Coldplay record? Did Coldplay have screaming over 80s sounding beats? No. Get real.

9. SonnyIanni

FYI I'm very open-minded. I don't mind there not being any guitars AS LONG AS LINKIN PARK KEEPS the guitar.

10. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Lol

If I were brad or Dave I'd be scared of loosing my job

Even more now with this economy

11. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Not sure what you just said haha. I was showing the person what his point really meant.

12. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

This is going to be one very interesting album. There is a mix of a lot of different styles from a heavy beat in Wretches & Kings to nice a acoustic song in The Messenger which is going to kick every other songs ass.

13. Derek

If I were Brad and Dave I'd be more scared of narrowminded fans who refuse to accept change and look outside the tiny confines of their own mind when it comes to judging music.

14. lparker55

I'm not saying I need guitars in every track, sure there's doesn't need to be guitars to make good music but it just appears to me that they're so focused on their new sound that they are not utilizing every member in the band in their talents... They have a bass and a electric guitar player, will they be on the album playing those instruments, if your talking about sticking to your roots then for god sakes, there's your roots... Play your instrument, sure add some new ones but thats like taking Chester and sticking him on the drums, it doesn't belong

15. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

XD Roflmao!, come on man!!! Really, it was just a scale. LP has gone from HT to ATS as if Metallica had turned into Coldplay is all... that's it and nothing else. VERY large and exaggerated statement but that's all.

^^^^^
    That

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  16. lparker55

I guess that means I'll be listening to more coldplay haha gotta get accustomed to a new sound

17. PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

Coldplay? LMAO!!!!!!!!!

18. SonnyIanni

it's okay to have soft songs without the guitar I just don't want them to put down the guitar and play with synths all day. by the way this is definitely Mr. Hahns record.

19. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I'm more afraid of trolls than that.

Where's my Mithril vest?

And for the record, Linkin Park sounds NOTHNG like Coldplay. At all. I don't understand why people make such bullshit comparisons when a song simply stops being so agressive or more mellow.

20. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

Is just me, that ears one of these [​IMG]

In the background of this clip of Waiting for the end.

Is it me or my headphones, or there is actually one of those in the song?

I'm sorry that i can't remember the name (no pun intended), it's been a long time since i've practiced my english.

If there is one of those in the song, i would very much like, that they are innovating in the instruments being used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.