Abortion...Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by JoJaDaWg, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

wow you just contradicted yourself. If she shouldnt be a mother because she wont love her child thats a product of rape, duh, she has to have an abortion.

2. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

ooh sh*t my bad....
    i meant that she would be wrong to not love the child just because they were the product of a rape...it is not the child's fault, so they should not take the punishment.

3. Todd

how would she be wrong? Obviously, its a child she didnt want in the first place and then every time she looked at the child she would be reminded of the man who raped her.

4. rosanna

i understand that. however she should not kill the child because of something that happened that was not the child's fault. if that is really going to be a problem, she should put the baby up for adoption. the baby is not going to be defective because it was the product of a rape.

5. Todd

and why should the woman go through the pain of a full pregnancy if she didn't have to? you guys keep acting like having a baby is a painless walk in the park. its not. after you've taken a middle school health class and learned about pregnancy, come back and say she should be stuck with the baby.

6. rosanna

and why should the woman go through the pain of a full pregnancy if she didn't have to? you guys keep acting like having a baby is a painless walk in the park. its not. after you've taken a middle school health class and learned about pregnancy, come back and say she should be stuck with the baby. [/b][/quote]
    i know what pregnancy is like, that is the reason why i am never going to get pregnant...and the reason why i am not having sex right now. i am just saying that having an abortion is an indirect act of murder, and i do not think that anyone should have one. i know that my opinion is not going to change any laws, and i know that even if the laws were changed, it would still be performed illegally. i am not stupid. i was just stating my opinion on the possibility that abortion is not a necessity.

7. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

i know what pregnancy is like, that is the reason why i am never going to get pregnant...and the reason why i am not having sex right now.[/b[ i am just saying that having an abortion is an indirect act of murder, and i do not think that anyone should have one. i know that my opinion is not going to change any laws, and i know that even if the laws were changed, it would still be performed illegally. i am not stupid. i was just stating my opinion on the possibility that abortion is not a necessity. [/quote]
    basically what youve been saying before is that if you are pregnant then you should deal with the consequences. but then you just said you wont have sex right now and if an accident does occur, then it would be your fault and you should have to stay pregnant even though you are "never going to get pregnant". so unless you are going to live up to what youre saying, then you should be a virgin forever.

8. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

basically what youve been saying before is that if you are pregnant then you should deal with the consequences. but then you just said you wont have sex right now and if an accident does occur, then it would be your fault and you should have to stay pregnant even though you are "never going to get pregnant". so unless you are going to live up to what youre saying, then you should be a virgin forever.
    [/quote]
    who says she wont?
    but i really do get what shes saying. shes not having sex right now because shes aware of the consequences, not because she'd get an abortion if she got pregnant. and i support her decision because im doing the same.

9. Todd

So what if the mothers life is in danger if she gives birth or doctors know the baby has some sort of deformity or disease, then are you still going to say abortion is wrong? :rolleyes:

10. rosanna

haha katie glad to see you got my back.

and todd, it is not the baby's fault that they have a deformity. they should not be punished. just because a baby may have a harder life than other people does not mean that it should be denied life at all.

the vast majority of abortions are performed in order for the mother to not have to deal with having a child. the bottom line is that most abortions are done on account of the mother's selfishness. she doesn't want to have the baby, so she is going to get rid of it. simple as that. she does not think about the fact that abortion is murder. all she cares about is her reputation, or her boyfriend staying with her, or something like that. if abortion was made illegal, then people would be forced to deal with the consequences of their actions.

11. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

So you would rather have a child suffer his entire life instead of letting him rest in peace?

Wow...

12. Todd

So what if giving birth can cause harm to the mother. Should she suffer, even die just so she can have the goddamn kid?

13. emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Exactly, you even said it yourself. It's not the baby's fault he or she has to live a screwed life because the mom was on drugs or alcohol during pregnancy.

14. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Exactly, you even said it yourself. It's not the baby's fault he or she has to live a screwed life because the mom was on drugs or alcohol during pregnancy. [/b][/quote]
    Babies dont always get deformed for that reason. Dont generalize. There can be other reasons.

15. Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Cesarians(sp?) AKA C-Sections. Unless the baby has a serious deformity, I wouldn't see the reason in aborting it.

16. Todd

Exactly, you even said it yourself. It's not the baby's fault he or she has to live a screwed life because the mom was on drugs or alcohol during pregnancy. [/b][/quote]
    A baby can get a serious deformity if the mother has never had a drink or cigarette in her life and is as healthy as you can get.

17. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

A baby can get a serious deformity if the mother has never had a drink or cigarette in her life and is as healthy as you can get. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, a lack or surplus of chromosomes can do that.

18. emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah sorry I realize that was a generalization, I was just stressing the point that it wouldn't be right for a baby to suffer their whole life just because they were unfortunately born to the wrong folks.

19. Todd

exactly, it wouldn't be right for the baby to suffer so it should be aborted

20. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

who says she wont?
    but i really do get what shes saying. shes not having sex right now because shes aware of the consequences, not because she'd get an abortion if she got pregnant. and i support her decision because im doing the same. [/b][/quote]
    yeah but what she was saying was that if you dont want to be pregnant then dont have sex. then she said she would never get pregnant but wont have sex yet. therefore, it contradicts what she was saying.