About POWERLESS

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Knt.Slbs, May 27, 2012.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I don't understand how a 6 minute long song described as "epic" could be "boring" but that's just me...

I Like Cheese

I Like Cheese Well-Known Member

I think at some point it was 'repetitive' so they cut it down.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

They clearly have no problem with repetition, what he means by boring was that it was dragging off and not really that exciting.

TheDudeFatJay

TheDudeFatJay Well-Known Member

Powerless is gonna be that last BOOM and once that song is over your like '' F*ck.. LETS REPEAT FROM THE START! ''

wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Powerless is 6 minutes long?

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Chester said the first 8(?) songs in Living Things are the high energetic ones, and the rest are the experimental, slower songs. So I don't see this one being too hardcore.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I predict those four experimental songs would be the best on the record. Experimenting is what LP does best.

HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

I don't think he said the last four would be slower, just more experimental...

mastae

mastae Some Honky

That's what I'm looking forward to. I'd rather hear different things from them.

The minute I heard in one of the early interviews that the album would be a "firecracker record" and they felt their live shows were getting too boring, I was like FUCK.

KaitoKid

KaitoKid Lyricist

I hope the demo was the wizard song.

lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

I hope Powerless is Pictureboard or Take Away My Pride. :WTF:

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

also if Mike was right and TINFOIL is the intro to POWERLESS it's still 6 min. long because 6 min in Linkin Park terms does not have to mean that it is 6 minutehs + it can also be close TO 6 minutes and I think it also adds up somehow doesn't it?

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

they both only add up to 4:55. Originally, powerless had tinfoil included in the same track and was longer, but they put tinfoil as a separate track and then shortened powerless a bit because it was repetitive.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

TINFOIL is an ATS demo.. if TINFOIL and POWERLESS are linked somehow in one track, then it could be possible that the 6 minute version of POWERLESS chopped down and separate the intro of it and called TINFOIL? thus, the original TINFOIL demo is not the one they've made from the start?

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I really think their live shows were becoming boring during ATS era (the live in Madrid has probably my least favorite LP setlist ever) . I like the record, but I have never been too sure about how it delivers live.

But I would like them too experiment too. Experimenting and energetic at the same time, that's possible. That's why I find it sad Chester said their most weird tracks on LT will be the slower one, because people will obviously link soft LP with experiments, and energetic LP with generic LP.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    Gabe Newell

Gabe Newell Banned

I hope the demo is an unreleased song from mmm...Cookies Sweet Hamster like Jewels from America.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I went to see Linkin Park play in Chicago right after ATS came out. The show was far from boring. "Jornada Del Muerto" live made me love and appreciate the song even more. The on screen visuals during that song were, in my opinion, the best visuals all concert. At the end of the song, when the image came into focus, goosebumps and chills ran all over my body.

I still get chills listening to the concert on my Ipod. There was a point in the concert, right after "Numb" played that struck me for a feeling I had never felt before during a concert. I felt like I was alone in the stadium. Right after "Numb," they played a stripped down version of "The Radience" with Mike at the piano. As JRO was giving his speech on the screen through Mr. Hahn, Mike started playing the keyboard. Joe paused the speech and while playing the keyboard mike started singing "And when I close my eyes tonight to symphonies of blinding light. Like memories in cold decay, transmissions echoing away" in a high octave. I felt like he was singing it just to me. Witnessing this live had an amazing feeling attatched to it. Hahn came back and finished the speech, in which started up "Iridescent." The vibe in the stadium was unlike anything I've ever witnessed. During Iridescent, it felt like the stadium came back together and I was no longer alone.

Here is an example of the "Jornada Del Muerto" visuals.
    [youtube]ipN7YKH5Jgk[/youtube]

Even though it isn't the Chicago show, here is the DSC from LA...
    [youtube]33SB2ULkklU[/youtube]

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

You Nostradamus now ? Lol