About Rick Rubin...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lparks41, Mar 14, 2006.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Hey, I was reading the blabbermouth.net forums the other day when I thought of something. This article said that Metallica is finishing their six months of writing music before heading into the studio to record their new album with Rick Rubin in July...

I'm predicting that Linkin Park will be heading into the production studio to record by around late April/early May by the way things are going so far. The song ideas have been narrowed down from 70 to 32 in 3 or 4 months. Rob said earlier on the lpu they will narrow it down to 15 when they begin recording...

But my question is will Rick Rubin be working with Metallica and Linkin Park at the same time? Maybe Rubin is planing on finishing with Linkin Park by June so he can commence working with Metallica in July? Is this why Mike said the album will come out July, August, or September? I thought I heard someone say that Rubin is known to work faster than Don Gillmore when recording? What do you think?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

We're unsure what the timetable is, but that's sounds about right. Rick will finish working with Linkin Park then go work with Metallica in July, if you're right about them going to record then. Linkin Park will probably start working with Rick in April and finish sometime in the summer.

And it's not 70 songs, it's 40-50 minor ideas from which some are full songs and others are just instrumentation ideas or vocal clips.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Right, they are just song ideas. Some are full blown songs, while others are just tiny little musical phrases. The number was 40-50 when Mike posted on the lpu recently, but Rob said in Lpu chat that they originally had 70 when they started writing in November or December.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, Rick is also working with Red Hot Chili Peppers on Stadium Arcadium AND Justin Timberlake. And if Wikipedia is to be accounted for, the Dixie Chicks are also involved with Rubin at the moment.

So he's doing a lot of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if he's working two or even three projects at once.

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

yes, he does tend to work faster (and better!) the don.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

thats a lot of work to get your head around

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The Music business is a busy business. I'm not surprised that Rick Rubin is doing so much at once.

PraYer

PraYer Member

It's possible that Rick Rubin works with Metallica in July and with Linkin Park in August, September. But i think the Linkin Park guys want to let the new album out as soon as possible .. so, let's wait and wish them good luck.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

lets hope it will be out sooner rather tha later

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

Rick Rubin must have superpowers, how else could he work with 3 bands at once and put out 3 kick ass albums? you would think that the albums would suck ass because he couldn't concentrate but no he always pulls it off :-0

EDIT: Rick is done with Red Hot Chili Peppers already, that's apparent by the fact that Stadium Arcadium is already mixed and mastered and ready for release. I think he's almost done with Dixie Chicks too cause the first single from their new album is already out.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

3 kick ass albums?

LP, Red Hot Chili Peppers and... Justin Timberlake? Actually big fan of JT music so it's all good. (Yes, I know I'm ignoring Metallica)

What do you expect from the guy who started up Def Jam?

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

I was talking about LP, RHCP and Metallica (I guess I should add JT too, I like his music). I know Metallica's latest albums have been shitty but Rick can make it sound amazing, as far as I can tell Rick has never produced and put out a bad album......ever

Link

Link lolwut

I'm not worried at all. Its Rick fucking Rubin.

XVZ

XVZ Banned

Yeah i know LP and Metallica do a concert at a festival soon in Japan

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

That has nothing to do AT ALL with Rick Rubin.. I wonder about you sometimes.