Additional Collaborations Between Linkin Park & Steve Aoki?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 14, 2013.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Finally! :awesome:

/s

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

Meh. I absolutely loved Collision Course. It introduced me to Jay-Z when I was in middle school. I'm definitely keeping an open mind.

Plus, if you think about it, without Jay-Z where do you think the band would be right now? Mike probably wouldn't have had the courage to do Fort Minor, and what's the likelihood of the band working with Rick Rubin, who encouraged a new direction, if it weren't for Jay as well? Even if some people didn't enjoy Collision Course, a lot of good came out of it. :p So who knows, a lot of good could come out of this collaboration too. :)

Of course this is an assumption that Jay introduced Rick Rubin to Linkin Park, but since Rick has worked with Jay, I think it's a plausible conclusion to make that said assumption.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'd love to hear more music from Mike and Chester collaborating or Linkin Park. LET IT POUR FROM EVERY ANGLE.

On another note, Aoki said LP was one os if favorite bands (assuming it's them, you never know xD) growing up.. HOW OLD IS HE? He's 35, from 22 years old onwards I would hardly call that "growing up", lol :lol:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Pretty sure they're the same person.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Confirmed: Joe Hahn transforms into Steve Aoki.

[​IMG]
    [THUMB]http://www.bbebookingagency.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/how-to-book-steve-aoki.jpeg[/THUMB]

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Woah, the difference between "Cure for the Itch" and the music in which Steve produces is pretty big. Cure isn't a big fan of the EDM-type music, or at least most of it as far as I am aware, and judging by the music that Steve produces, I think it is a fair assumption to make.

You guys pounced the fuck out that post simply because he didn't like the sound of it, calm the fuck down.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Woah, obviously you've missed the humor in my post.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It is you who needs to calm down. Nobody pounced on anybody and you're making a mountain out of a molehill which you sometimes have a habit of doing. Only you took those posts the way you did. Nobody else. All you did right now is make yourself look crazy.

hawk

Oh, and I was supposed to "just know" that those posts were sarcastic? As far as I was aware, y'all were serious, and whilst I missed that, thanks for pointing it out just fuck .. ahah

Derek

Ever since we've let you back you've been arrogant and antagonistic at random in your posts. Even now when I'm telling you to calm down you replied confrontationally and I can tell you right now it's wearing thin. It's not impressing anyone and you need to stop flipping out occasionally. We can revoke your forum access just as easily as we gave it back.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Context.

Anyways it's all techno so who cares

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

We've got a lot of stuff in the near future for Linkin Park. I'm not used to this. :lol:

hawk

I'd disagree. I, understandably misunderstood what was said, and now I'm public enemy #1?

Derek

It's not that you're public enemy number one. Nobody's out for your head. It's just that you're a completely different Hawk than the one that did the ban appeal over a year ago and it's not a good thing. You went from being someone who's only crime was saying gay too much to now being rather arrogant and unable to take a hint. I came in and told you that you need to relax (because you overreacted) and you're still fighting about it.

It's ridiculous. *edits* fucking iPhone sent this early.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:rofl: ''Says Stupid Shit'' :lol:

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

*Pokes head around corner* So, anyway, I sure hope LP: Recharge isn't an episodic sort of deal, where the release of the game and the unlocking of the song have some big time between them.

Derek

I have nothing better to do. :kappa:

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Anyway, wasn't there an article which said that LP made a collaboration for the next album? Theoretically it could be one of those.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

LP isn't a big fan of including other artists in their studio albums (doesn't count Reanimation of course). And the closest they got was having Owen Pallet in I'LL BE GONE and they buried his strings so deep into the mix to the point I don't even know if they're there in the first place :lol:.

But you can't rule out anything.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hi, Minus here. As Public Enemy #1, I find you're severely overestimating what you appear to perceive as butthurtness from people here. I'd put you in at maybe Public Enemy #58 at best.