Alien vs. Predator

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Doctor, Jul 26, 2004.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

On August 13th, two of the greatest movie villians of all time will finally face off. The plot/script/director has been debated over for over 10 years, but this year it finally comes to being.

The plot: A team of scientists travel to the Antarctic because of sattelite photos of what appears to be a temple. When they arrive they find that it is a fortress used for adulthoof rituals by the Pradators. They are sent to this place to hunt the Aliens as a "right of passing" into adulthood.

Anyone else as excited for this movie as I am?

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

hey i saw the trailer in the movie theater and i thought it looked pretty f***ing awesome.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Kaleb.09

Kaleb.09 Well-Known Member

The only thing im looking forward to this film is the Batman:begins trailer that is going to be attached to it. on a side note does anyone know if this is a prequel or sequel to the films, cause I know that Lance Hendrikson (spelling? ) who played Bishop in the Aliens movie is returning but he is playing the original bishop (the millionair)

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

I dont like Alien so Im wanting Preditor to win because in the words of Arny ~ "Your one ugly mother ######."

The Doctor

First off, who cares about the Batman trailer in an AVP thread? :lol: Secondly, its a sequel. Since Bishop was an android (surprise!), they made another one of him.

TeMpEsT

First off, who cares about the Batman trailer in an AVP thread? :lol: Secondly, its a sequel. Since Bishop was an android (surprise!), they made another one of him. [/b][/quote]
    You mean prequel? :blink:

The Doctor

You mean prequel? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Nope, sequel....this takes place after the Alien and Predator movies. Bishop was an android in the Alien movies but they also made another.

TeMpEsT

Nope, sequel....this takes place after the Alien and Predator movies. Bishop was an android in the Alien movies but they also made another. [/b][/quote]
    A sequel to the Predator movies and a prequel to the Alien movies, I get it.

The Doctor

A sequel to the Predator movies and a prequel to the Alien movies, I get it. [/b][/quote]
    Its a sequel to Predator 1 & 2, Alien, Aliens and Alien 3, but a prequel to Alien Ressurection because that took place a hundred(?) years after the third Alien.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

The plot sounds amazing, but the few previews I saw on TV didn't look that great.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm not looking forward to it so to speak, i will probably go and see it though.

P.S: Predator to win. :chemist:

Disturbed

Disturbed Active Member

I am very very excited about this movie. I am a fan of both series and have both games. I hope the predator wins but probably the aliens will... kinda like what they did in Freddy vs Jason... both still in there ready to go into another round if ya know what i mean

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

When I saw the "Pradators" it immediately made me think of a bunch of bimbos with handbags :lol: :unsure:

Trailer looks awesome! I might just go and watch it. ^_^

Disturbed

Disturbed Active Member

I now have shaky feelings towards this movie. It is rated PG13 and runs only 87 minutes. Now anyone with movie knowledge knows that both the Predator and Alien series are 2 hours long and have R ratings. I am now VERY concerned about this movie and how it has the potiential to ruin both these respected series.

The Doctor

Understand, back then the rating system had higher standards than they do now. Rated R back then and Rated R now are completely different. You can get away with a lot in PG13 movies anymore. And who cares how long the movie is? Quality, not quantity bro.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The movie just doesnt excite me at all...seems kinda...stupid to me, i'll probably see it anyway to make a fair judgement though

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

I love the Alien movies
    I love the Predator movies
    AvP looks like it could kick ass, however, only if the do it right. It will either be great or sompletely suck ass. Nothing in the middle

The Doctor

Oh itll be good. With 10+ years in the making, itll be good. :lol:

Disturbed

Disturbed Active Member

True but I can't see any of the Alien or Predator movies now having a PG 13 rating...

I do have hopes for this movie but I still can't quite shake off the sense of uneasiness that the film won't be good. I mean this is either going to be very good or very bad, it has to be handled very very carefully. Paul Anderson knows this. He even said in an interview that the movie was going to be an R rating, which was what he did with the Resident Evil movie.

I hope though the movie is a 'hard' PG 13 movie, though I would have seen a medium R. I hope that he releases a directors cut IF the film turns out to be bad/lacking.