Artist Direct: Linkin Park Make a Landmark Rock Record With LIVING THINGS

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I agreed. This review didn't really help much.

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

Maybe he's giving 4/5 stars to everything, but he DID give us good information about the songs, what it will have in them. And to me, it all sounds good. And comon, we're talking about Linkin Park :) It will be freaking awesome :) Can't wait to hear Victimized and the whole album. He's telling us it's their best album ever made, and I believe his word easily.

Edit: Check out his A Thousand Suns review; http://www.artistdirect.com/enterta...thousand-suns-review-5-out-of-5-stars/7637042. Seems pretty 100% legit, so this album will blow our minds for sure :)

Last edited: May 11, 2012
    EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

So Mike, which half of these descriptions are incorrect? :shinado:

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

FUCKING PUMPED

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I am incredibly excited for CASTLE OF GLASS, LOST IN THE ECHO, and POWERLESS. I am so freaking pumped for this record. That review just lifted my expectations through the roof, which may not be so good.

Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

GIVE. ME. THIS. NOW.

Unless it's just truly that awesome...

"Their heaviest track yet, VICTIMIZED."
    Holy... shit...

Fury99

Fury99 4EVER LP

I simply can't wait until this album is released. 'Till wish i had info on Tinfoil. Ahh well. All these reviews are driving me crazy. I compared this interview with other interviews who did reviews on the same songs (ex. Lost In The Echo), they pretty much sound the same so I'm probably going to believe this article

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

It's not a review. It's a [painfully obvious & exaggerated] hype piece. It's not his opinion that the music is great, it's just his job to hype it up.

Haha , seriously.

"We can't wait to burn it to the ground," screams Chester Bennington.

He's just saying what fans want to hear. Sure it's probably a heavy song, but come on - "They've never done anything this bruising and brutal. Thrash paranoia steamrolls with tribal drums before a throat-slashing scream on the hook. It's vicious, violent, and vibrant."?

Oh, so many buzz words.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

When I see this kind of review from someone like Rolling Stone, I might trust it more. Gotta love song descriptions though.

Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90 Active Member

Wow, usually these previews make me worried that I won't like the sound. That article is absolutely the most incredible thing leading up to an album I've EVER read. I want to hear the album, RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Sounds so incredible!

Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

Honestly I believe every word. We all know how incredicable Linkin Park is. They are certainly capable of making another mind blowing album.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Meh. Rick Florino gets paid for this, right?

theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

No lie I'm definitely excited for this album. It sounds like it has all the necessary elements to melt my face off. But I'm gunna pose this question just for the sake of being the devils advocate. Doesn't it seem like all the reviews are somewhat the same? They all say essentially the same exact things about the album. They all feel the exact same way about each track. I haven't really read anything yet that really switched up opinions. I mean if the album is great then each track rightfully deserves its due praise, but i feel almost as if these reviewers have been given cookie cutter concepts to stick to. Again, I'm not bashing the album (obviously I haven't even heard it yet) it just seems as though each review seems to be exactly the same.

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

Isn't this the guy that comes in his pants for every album that lands on his damp lap?

Basically the Shawn Edwards of music criticism.

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

For anyone saying not to trust this review.
    Check the review he made for A Thousand Suns and the one he did for Living Things, there's a BIG difference.
    Living Things will be their best album. End. Of. Story. :3

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The one where AD gave them 5/5 stars?
    http://www.artistdirect.com/enterta...thousand-suns-review-5-out-of-5-stars/7637042

Whoever said to ignore the adjectives and focus on the track descriptions was right.

theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

For the sake of argument he could have a bigger check in his pocket this time, curtesy of WB

Gust

Gust En Proceso

No Tinfoil on the preview... I don't know if I missed some other previews, but what if this could mean that "Joe's Instrumental Track #11" is back? You know.. like CFTI or Session.. (Yeah, Session is track twelve on Meteora, but just because of Foreword, you know. Maybe "Penultimate Instrumental Track" could be more accurate.)

saad94

saad94 Well-Known Member

This article just got me super hyped. I'm so excited to hear "VICTIMIZED" heaviest song yet, fuck yes. I just got my tickets to the LA show at the Home Depot Center, and this article just made me more excited for the concert, cant wait to hear VICTIMIZED live.

20. Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

To everyone thinking we won't get it until the 22nd you can rest assured that it will leak about a week in advance because retailers will get the album then. So we really only have wait until about the 15th of June. Of course you should still be buying a copy from our friends here at the LPA ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.