ATS - commercialized independence or why didn't LP quit WB?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by os neutral, Feb 21, 2011.

?

Is ATS watered down by WB and should they quit them concerning their?

1. ATS is pure LP and they should stay wit WB

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. ATS is pure LP but they should quit WB

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  3. ATS is still watered down but they should stay at WB

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. ATS is still watered down and they should quit WB

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

lol i can't say anything right can I? :lol:

It isn't, its just my personal preference. I just preffer the rawer, underproduced sound compared to like the 'wall of guitars' on meteora. Neither is better than the other really, i love 'lying from you' as much as 'Step up'. and their worlds apart.

Like I said to Astat in the reanimation thread, "Part of me" is stella. Listen to that loud and tell me that isn't just root notes. But yeah, maybe carousel is a bit 'meh' on the bass department, but Step up is pretty interesting too.

Probably cause the reason I like the HTEP just that little bit more than HT is that its darker and more atmospheric. But then again maybe its just the production of it compared to the 'Don Gilmore' albums that I like better.

2. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:thumbsup:

3. Hybrid

I'm not pickin on you, I just don't think "mainstream" is a big deal. I thought the production for all of Linkin Park's albums really lent it's self to the record. I think that all of their albums sound the way they were intended to sound. I'm personally glad they didn't decide to do a "garage" record and have everything sound terrible like Metallica did. If you want an example of bad production, look no farther than that band and their recent run of releases. I'm not putting Metallica down or putting Metallica and Linkin Park on the same level, I was just looking for a good example.

4. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Being a bass player myself, I disagree. In Part Of Me the bass only stands out because of the mix, not because it's particularly good.

The only interesting bass lines on LP songs, IMO, are Forgotten, Papercut, and Wake. Maybe Crawling and Easier to Run qualify too, since they're simple but nice and fun to play.

5. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The Disney princesses.

6. TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

Linkin Park should totally make a completely artful album which breaks their contract

7. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Like what?

8. Bennington_Hahn

Oh yeah, I totally see your point there. The production of the records are apart of they are. The big sound suited Meteora as did the rawer striped down sound on MTM.

And like you said, Metallica's Garage Inc is probably a step to far. It makes the HT demos sound over produced! xD

Yeh, those ones you mentioned are definitely Phi's best. Though I still think Part of me is still pretty cool :)

9. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

They tried. Several times, if they are to be believed.

You know guys, it's also entirely possible that Linkin Park just isn't nearly as talented as they would like to be.

10. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Dave didn't write anything on Papercut or Crawling & he didn't play on HT at all.

Actually, the production on Garage Inc is pretty great. HS is referring to St Anger (for which the idea was to sound like a garage band) & Death Magnetic (which just had terrible production values)

11. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Did I say anywhere on my post "Phoenix's bass lines" or did I say "bass lines on LP songs"?

I know Dave didn't play on HT. I know Ian Hornbeck played on Papercut, A Place for My Head and Forgotten, Scott Koziol on One Step Closer and Brad on the rest of the album.

Anyway, there's old demos from Crawling, A Place For My Head and Forgotten (this one back to 96) so even if Dave didn't play on HT there could be some kind of involvement on his part on writing them. Or it could've been Kyle Christner. I don't know.

12. Hybrid

Mordin's got it right. I know you meant to say St. Anger, though, 1996. It was probably my use of the term "garage" that threw you for a loopdy-loop. :D :teehee: :D And you're right about the "big sound on Meteora. I remember hearing that Meteora was supposed to be epic and huge in sound. I think Joe Hahn said that in th making of DVD. I could be wrond though. It has happened before. :awesome:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  13. Bennington_Hahn

Yeh St. Anger is undoubtably metallica's weakest album in many ways. Garage Inc. is just 'old' sounding - which was probably due to it being recorded in the 80's :lol:

14. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

QFT.

Linkin Park in general is a mainstream band. Has always have been and always will be. I remember one day in high school the "popular" girls were listening to Numb being played on the radio, they were singing it at the top of their voices and I was barging my head into my desk. That was the day I realised that everything LP produces will end up overproduced and cooked (not raw thanks).

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  15. Hybrid

Perhaps that's why you need to try the ketchup? :awesome:

16. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I love how two of the poll options say "quit WB," like it's that simple.

17. Hybrid

Lol! Right? As much as people think it's a great idea, It most likely wont happen. It just doesn't make much buisness sense. :teehee:

18. Hybrid

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :uh: :shudder: :wallbash: :ohno: :faint:

19. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

LP wont leave Warner any time soon.

20. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It's not that it doesn't make sense (it actually would make sense for them to), it's that they legally can't. LP is owned my WB until they fulfill their contract.