Batman / Superman

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by hawk, Jul 21, 2013.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

To be honest I was thinking an older version of the punisher.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Seen this before. Just utter brilliance! :lol:

Now THIS convinces me. If he ends up looking much like he does here, then I'll be convinced. Of course he has to bulk up quite a bit, and wear lifts in his shoes, but this could work kinda well. The vibes I'm getting from Eisenberg at the minute is that he'll be more like the Lex from Smallville. But hopefully he'll be alot more intimidating and not likebale at all.

:chuck:

Very good news indeed. I'm still optimistic.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

That sounds absolutely horrible actually.

Don't count on it. Word is that Eisenberg's Luthor will be a "Tattoed Skinhead Street Punk."
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/06/lex-luthor-to-be-tattooed-skinhead-street-punk

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Gibs

Yep. When I read that, I check my calender to perfectly make sure that I hadn't woken up on April 1st.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

New Batsuit and Batmobile revealed for Batman vs Superman

Earlier today, Zack Snyder tweeted an image of Ben Affleck in the Batsuit along with the caped crusader's new Batmobile. Originally said to have a Jim Lee vibe, it seems comments may have been misleading because Batman fans seemed to have picked up on the new suit's influence coming from Miller's 1989 Batman: The Dark Knight Returns comic. Key features to note include the shorter Batears, larger chest symbol, and Batman's massive build.

It currently seems like fans are divided on how the suit looks. Personally, I love it and am glad to see something close to the comics. The Batmobile is also impressive, looking like a combination between The old and the new designs. Just pumps me up big time for the film! Any thoughts you guys have?

3hRU6px.jpg

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Until a colored image of the suit is released, this is my favourite rendition of the suit made for cinema. Ever. The one aspect that shouldn't be knocked back is that Zack Snyder has always harbored a keen sensibility when it comes to visuals. As for how the movie will unfold in pacing and overall storytelling is another topic. 'Man of Steel 2/Batman Vs. Superman' will undoubtedly have some of the most dazzling visuals yet.

Naysayers are but extremely casual fans who are only familiar with the films and Bruce Timm's designs. This suit is akin to Frank Miller's batsuit, mixed with a little bit of Jim Lee's design from 'Hush' and the New 52 variants.

fan-made colored version:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Agreed. I read too many comments on IGN this morning saying "I don't like the ears" or "I wish it was more armored just like The Dark Knight" - well, you're wrong and you're stupid :lol:

I loved reading The Dark Knight Returns and the animated film adaptation of it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Gibs

I'm personally In LOVE with costume. It's so Dark Knight Returns-like, I love it! :awesome:

[​IMG]

However, I found this fan edit. While it looks great, I still prefer the short ears. It hasn't been done before in the movies (aside from Adam West), it gives it a unique look apart from the other Batman costumes.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

The image looks very promising. I like that it retains some of the Nolanesque changes to Batman as a film character, but changes it subtly to conform with, say, Batman's costume in "The Dark Knight Returns." Specifically the shorter ears on the cowl. Also, the "veiny" look to the suit reminds me of the New 52 iteration of Batman in the titular series penned by Scott Snyder.

That said, I am still apprehensive about adding so many characters and personalities to what originally was just a Man of Steel sequel. I have a feeling this could be really awesome, or really awful. It screams clusterf*** with Wonder Woman and others now being added in.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I think Wonder Woman's role will be very minor and Cyborg will probably have a quick cameo near the end, simply to introduce members of te Justice League for the next film. Similar to Amazing Spiderman 2's ending. If you've already watched it, you probably know what I am referring to (I'll try to keep spoilers out)

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

They might as well just call this movie The Dark Knight Returns at this point. This is a Superman sequal where literally none of the talk/hype/controversy is about Superman. All I hear about it is Batflack, horrible casting and whatever DC heroes are getting crammed into the movie.

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Agreed, just based on this trailer for the animated adaptation of Dark Knight Returns, you can clearly see pretty much everything that has come out of the Zack Snyder camp when it comes to Man of Steel 2.

See?

I think having Batman in Man of Steel 2 is going to be great as long as they don't overuse him. To my taste, here's how I'd want it go. First of all, this should be almost like a prologue of what Batman was doing during Man of Steel.

[​IMG]

It doesn't have to be a huge exposition nightmare to establish this Batman as what people call the "batgod" version. He doesn't wear armor because he is so practiced, that nobody would realize he was there at all until everyone was incapacitated. And it's not even a challenge for him.

..THEN you reintroduce Superman. It serves the plot without muddying it, Wayne Enterprises donated a lot of money to the restoration of Metropolis, in a business partnership with LexCorp. That puts Bruce Wayne on Superman's shitlist, while Superman is on Batman's shitlist. He's there for reconnaisance. It's Batman, paranoia suits him... he doesn't know what 'that alien' or his intentions are caused.

There, now you've got Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, and Alfred introduced rather effortlessly and in a way that compliments the tone of the film... And there wasn't even a 15 minute flashback of Bruce's parents getting killed.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I do prefer the longer ears.

YES I know that in certain comics he has had the short ones, I've read them.

I don't care.
    We're speaking of preference here.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Since it's been established that this is a somewhat seasoned version of the Batman, it would indeed be flippin' awesome if we get to see older incarnations of the batsuit in display cases. Hell, stick in the Burton, and Nolan suits for kicks. Why the hell not?

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[thumb]http://www.dailyfailcenter.com/sites/default/files/fail/aVO8n88_460s.jpg[/thumb]

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Merged the threads because I can.

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

That's early concept art from The Dark Knight Rises. We'll find this guy. He's as good as dead.

It's hard to explain, but I would approach it like in The Dark Knight. As Batman, he's probably borderline paranoid about "The Alien", but like in TDK to get Lau back from Hong Kong under a Wayne Enterprises business cover, he would effectively be joining Lex Luthor in a big Metropolis benefit fundraiser thingy...but as Batman would be looking more into Superman. There, you've got just the right amount of exposition, clear character arcs for multiple characters, and almost no fuckery whatsoever

I mean, Batman Begins had three or four 'bad guys', but none felt forced or unfocused since they were part of the same conspiracy. I mean, Falcone works for Scarecrow (providing manpower and converting the blue flowers into the 'weaponized hallucinogen"), who works for Ra's al Ghul, and then later Bane / Talia al Ghul (Bane ->looking to destroy Gotham to fulfill the League of Shadows' mission, or Talia -> finish Ra's al Ghul's work. But they didn't seem crowded to me... It's because the plot was one big plan.

Oh yeah... and... Definitely Dark Knight Returns is all over the place.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I knew he was gonna look good in the suit but this is really impressive. Probably my favorite Batsuit next to Bale's suit in Batman Begins. This looks so... Batman. They captured the perfect Dark Knight Returns look. Also doesn't look like they used any (or too much) padding on the suit either...

20. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm really surprised no one has made a Daredevil/Batman cowl reference yet.