Battle of the Bands VI

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by emmmers, Aug 11, 2004.

?

P.O.D. vs. Papa Roach

1. P.O.D.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Papa Roach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

P.O.D. gets my vote, just because all there songs rock, whereas Papa Roach only has a few hits I like here and there.

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

Tough one. I like the new Roach album but P.O.D. has more songs that I like that P.O.D. doesn't swear alot in their lyrics

P.O.D. gets my vote

John.

John. i am corruption LPA Super Member

Papa Roach by far! P.O.D.'s "Satellite" was good but "Payable On Death" imo, wasn't. I only liked "Will You" and "Asthma" on that cd.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This is hard cause I like Papa Roach's New stuff and P.O.D.'s Old stuff. But my vote goes to Papa Roach.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

It was tough but i chose Papa Roach because I seem to be able to get into their music more, I have to be in a certain mood to listen to P.O.D.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

wow i dont know about this one. i used to like pod a lot, but lately they have been getting on my nerves, adn i dont know what to think. papa roach though, i never really got into them. so i dont know.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I easily gave my vote to POD cause Papa Roach has only come out with one good album, their first one. I realy hated the second album especially with that frekin annoying song "She Loves Me Not," I couldn't stand that song form the first second I heard it. On the other side I love all of POD's cd's with Satelite being their best. Every POD single I've heard has been an awesome song. I love how Sonny isn't afraid to let the public masses know that they are a christian band and obviously by their success it hasn't hurt them. Whereas some christian bands shy away form it cause they think it will hurt their cances of making it big, although more christian bands are becoming popular now.

Chris.

P.O.D. denies being a christian band, cuz they arent. Ask Will if you want an in-depth description of what they are lol. They're Rasfatarian or something like that. It's a form of Christianity(I believe) but its definately not the same.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

My vote went towards POD due to their great performance they had and their catchy songs they have.

DTF

DTF Well-Known Member

How about The Fundamental Elements of Southtown? imo That CD owns any other P.O.D. release and Papa Roach altogether

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Hmmm... I haven't heard much P.O.D to tell the truth, so I'll go with Papa Roach.

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

P.O.D. denies being a christian band, cuz they arent. Ask Will if you want an in-depth description of what they are lol. They're Rasfatarian or something like that. It's a form of Christianity(I believe) but its definately not the same. [/b][/quote]
    :huh: P.O.D. isn't rasta. they are defintley rasta influenced but they are christians who dont want to be pigeon holed as a christian band. :mellow:

gimme ten seconds and i'll find the links to back that up.

http://www.warriorklan.com/faq/#1

http://www.warriorklan.com/faq/#2

that is from warriorklan.com P.O.D.'s Offical fansite. :mellow:

Chris.

:huh: P.O.D. isn't rasta. they are defintley rasta influenced but they are christians who dont want to be pigeon holed as a christian band. :mellow:

gimme ten seconds and i'll find the links to back that up. [/b][/quote]
    We had a huge debate on this before...but in their songs they dont have Christian references but they have Rasta influences such as "Ja" the Rastafarian form of God(I believe)

Im not entirely sure about the religion but I remember Will explaining it

Alright well I was just going by what was said in other threads about POD, I dont really care what religion POD is.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Definitely Papa Roach for me. There has not been a papa roach song so far that i have not loved plus i really am not a big fan of P.O.D