Best MP3 player?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Awesome*Kryptonite, May 29, 2005.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

6g....a lot of space?! Wow. What a lie.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

6g....a lot of space?! Wow. What a lie. [/b][/quote]
    There's a reason why he/she is getting the 6G you know. Not everyone needs 20GB+

Ive only filled up about 4.25BG on mine.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

There's a reason why he/she is getting the 6G you know. Not everyone needs 20GB+

Ive only filled up about 4.25BG on mine. [/b][/quote]
    Well, in another topic, I did mention something like that.

But I definitely have more than 6g's of music.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Ive only filled up about 4.25BG on mine. [/b][/quote]
    Hm. What is 1BG equivant to GB? ^_^

My library is over 20GB, I need a iPod. :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Difference: You can easily replace the Zen battery. Which was my original point. [/b][/quote]
    You can easily replace the iPod battery. A bit more is involved, but it isnt rocket science.

Justin

Justin See you there

I would recommend the iPod, especially if you already use iTunes. I got an iPod 20 gb 3 months ago, and I've had no problems with it. I'd definitely go for at least the 20 gb model; it's better value for money than the iPod minis.
    Besides, if you're like me, your music collection expands really quickly. when i first got my iPod, I had just over 1000 songs. Now I have 2700+

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

This is my post from Creative Zen Touch vs. iPod.

" I've had two iPods and they've both given me crap. Listed below were my problems

1. Technical support: You get one free call and every other call is 50 BUCKS! 50 bucks for a fuckin phone call! Bullshit!

2. The iPod would pause itself. Yup, even with the good ol hold switch down, the iPod kept stopping by itself.

3. I don't like the fact that when songs fade into each other, like Meteora, the iPod takes a second to load each song. Not a big deal but it aggrevates me.

4. Be careful when you rip songs into iTunes. When I ripped all my songs into it, for example, Papercut was titled "01-Papercut." Although it didn't appear this way on the iPod, it seriously messed up my music collection later.

Don't get me wrong. The iPod is an excellent player, but because of the problems, I junked it and got a Creative Zen Touch.
    The software on the Zen Touch is a pain in the ass but the player is awesome. I like the separate volume buttons and vertical touchpad (you get used to it just like the clickwheel and you can adjust the sensitivity.)

Oh yeah...the Zen Touch with the same amount of space is about 60 dollars less.
    Meh...I guess I like to support the underdog as well.

For these reasons, I would strongly recommend the Creative Zen Touch."

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

I have an ipod mini 6gb i've only had it about 1 month and have yet to encounter any problems.

tip for ipod users:When not listening to the ipod dont put it on hold becase it really drains the battery and you have to recharge every day. Also read the battery care tips on the apple ipod website.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

They are not trying to copy the iPod. If they are, they do a better job than Apple of making an mp3 player anyway, IMO.

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

About the battery life of ipods:

Full article found here

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

You can easily replace the iPod battery. A bit more is involved, but it isnt rocket science. [/b][/quote]
    It's a lot more time consuming than "oh wow, lets slide the backing off, take out one battery and slide the other one in, we're done." The iPod's battery is no where near as easy to replace as the Zen.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I like my archos gmini 400, better than a dream

Omar

It's a lot more time consuming than "oh wow, lets slide the backing off, take out one battery and slide the other one in, we're done." The iPod's battery is no where near as easy to replace as the Zen. [/b][/quote]
    Well, for something that's supposed to last you for years, spending even a week's time to replace it shouldn't be too much of a loss.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

It seems that some people have problems with iPods while others don't. Really in the end, it comes down to personal preference.
    Well after all i've heard i still think i'll go with the iPod. I only have round 6 gig of music but i'm still planning on getting the 60. LOL.
    I'm to cheep to buy anything else for a long while, so this is gonna last. I'm getting one for chirstmas. (w00t) YAY

forfeit3

forfeit3 Well-Known Member

dude whatever you do dont get an ipod, whatever you do dont. with one drop they break forever. instead get the cheaper 5 gb creative zen mini. its sweet and its only 200 dollars. plus its half the sixe of an ipod.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

I think if i drop anything it will break. Plus i have round 6 gig, i want to put all my songs on it, it is pretty much the point of these mp3 plays with huge story, so you can get all you music on to them.

EDIT: Also wondering, does the ipod have a sleep function cause i'd love to jack it into my speakers and listen to it as i'm going to sleep.

forfeit3

forfeit3 Well-Known Member

no sleep function

Omar

Well, when iPod is not in use, it's "sleeping". But what you're asking is a timer, which no unfortunetly it doesn't have. However, if you play an album, when it's done iPod will go into sleep mode.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

Well, when iPod is not in use, it's "sleeping". But what you're asking is a timer, which no unfortunetly it doesn't have. However, if you play an album, when it's done iPod will go into sleep mode. [/b][/quote]
    Darn, oh well, you can't have it all. Thanks anyway.

Geki

Geki >.

I say iPod's are. I'm getting one form my birthday in September and my friend has an iPod, the reason why I'm getting one. They're great, and even if you get the mini, it still holds enough songs and is more portable and easier to carry.