Birth affects---longterm effects

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by slammer800, Feb 19, 2004.

slammer800

slammer800 Banned

If someone has some sort of disease that makes them a little wierd and/or stupid and people make fun of them? Does that make it right for cruel people to be dissing on them? Mostly everyone is the same, we talk, listen, walk, eat, sleep. etc. But sometime people with serious health disorders or tumors or cancers arent treated right when everyone else is treated with respect (most). I think for every person who has any kind of disorder or disease that is life threatening, every person who makes a mean or cruel comment to them in anyway about anything they do, by they way they act or talk. That person who is mean should get some kind of punishment becuase in a way that is almost like abuse to the elderly but instead it would be abuse to the mentally disabled. Anywayz, the government should at least try to put a stop to the madness that happens in the world that is in that situation.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The government is never going to be able to control what comes out of a person's mouth.

lpcrash

lpcrash Active Member

it can never be controlled so get over it :chaz:

Will

There was no need to be rude about it. :rolleyes:

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Why the #### can't it be controlled.

In fact its being kinda controlled right now by rock bands that sing about these stuff everyday.

and its making a difference

In fact its being kinda controlled right now by rock bands that sing about these stuff everyday.

and its making a difference [/b][/quote]
    Bands don't control anything, they just protest.

This would've been a good idea, except: impose anymore restrictions on what people can or cannot say and you might as well be rid of freedom of speech. I suppose schools or the authorities can punish people for cruel behaviour but the government's hands are tied. :wth:

Will

and its making a difference [/b][/quote]
    Rock isn't controlling what people say.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

try telling that to all the conservatives and walmart execs that think hearing the word "hell" will make a teen go on a shooting rampage at their school :lol:

try telling that to all the conservatives and walmart execs that think hearing the word "hell" will make a teen go on a shooting rampage at their school :lol: [/b][/quote]
    The same ones that think Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson and blink-182 are responsible for suicidal/psychotic teens. :whistle:

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

There are many, what you would call.. "special" students in my school. Every once in a while they are made fun of and provoked.

By provoked, I mean that there is one kid who everyone makes fun of and makes him get so angry that he starts screaming and smashing things while everyone finds it amusing.

Just to let you know: There is no cure for stupidity.

Just look at the world. All because there are laws prohibiting slavery, doesn't mean people won't stop making fun of eachother because of their race.

Not to sound mean but.. don't expect the world to change anytime soon.

Are they "special" because they have a disability? People who make fun of others for their disability are worthless pieces of sh*t. :rolleyes:

lpcrash

lpcrash Active Member

just for the sake of making ppl realise, just count the number of times you say stupid to someone, laugh at a blunder made by some, disrespect an old man and things like that, they are no different than faking fun of someone having birth defects

so it just can't be controlled

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i guess if people would stop thinking about how other people behave... i lost my point but ill just carry on... and just focus on themselves and how they behave... then maybe it would be alright...

this is confusing... but i dont mean it in a offensive way to all of you guys who talk about what people think about it.

never mind me. carry on with your discussion.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

It can too be controlled.

I personally don't do any of those things in person. I have in the past but I've changed my motives and I no longer disrespect people. If I do laugh at a non-comedic situation, I always appologize. It can be controlled, it's just that it's either never taught or we just choose not to control it.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i agree with what you said. good point.

lpcrash

lpcrash Active Member

yup its all about how you control yourself, but its a difficult job :shifty:
    that means you still have to work hard to have a proper control, but its not only about you, there are a lot of people you just aren't as caring as you are
    i can't control myself but i don't want to hurt them too so i just turn arounnd while laughing :teehee:
    there are a lot of people who really care for them but even more number of people who laugh at them :whistle:

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

The word "special" is told to those with birth affects. When they ask their parents what is wrong with them, what do you think the parents say to them? That they are "special". Perhaps not in all cases this is true. But from the ones I've seen, it is.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Anyone who wants to diss human nature when it goes, well, shall i say slighty wrong is really sick and needs to get a life. I don't get why people would want to take the mick out of someone for something that person cannot help. It is very degrading and i hate it. They sould keep their opinions to themselves in my opinion

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

maybe they should. maybe thats the solution. but i dont think we can do anything about it. unless the whatsit... mentality of the society (it rhymes...) changes, we cant control others. but we said that before.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Yeah the only true answer i see is that certain people change and DO keep their opinions to themselves but i really can't see that happening anytime soon sadly....