Breaking The Habit: Suicide Note?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jessy

Jessy Member

Hey there:
    Quite strange actually, cause im a fairly happy person, but yeah, from time to time, my self control just flies out the window and i cut myself, when im really angry and i cant find a way to expresse.

When i first heard this song i was sooo convinced it was about this. I think, as in general, whenever the writer of a song doesn't explain what the song is about, the best thing to do is just to try and find what it means to you and how it can help you in any way, meaning enjoy ing, comforting, expressing or whatever.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Ahh cutting. I know alot of ppl who have this problem. Have you considered a therapist or even a school guidence councillor (assuming you are in high school like the majority of us) Or I am a vailible to talk to ( i like helping ppl with their problems) I only talk on msn tho

My email is in my sig and I'm only on every 2nd weekend at my dads :(

Jessy

Jessy Member

^_^ Thanks. But im not looking for help. Just thought i'd let you know.
    And i don;t think its that bigga deal, am not being all dramatic about it. I just feel i can relate to the lyrics at times. And i guess thats why i like the song so much...

LinKen

LinKen New Member

This is one of the first songs on the album that caught my attention.
    Considering my circumstance, I thought it was about letting go of a relationship that was really important to you.

The second time, I kinda felt the suicide theory.

Great song, and album, non-the-less.

LinKen

LinKen New Member

By the way...

One of my best friends in the world had a problem with cutting. She is the most beautiful girl you would ever meet, physically and mentally. But for some reason she didn't think so, and hated herself.

As far as I know, she hasn't done it in a long time. She loves Linkin Park (we saw them live together) but I don't think she's heard this song. I'm kinda scared to share it with her.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i dont think its about suicide, mayby some midlife crisis :mellow: or am i mad :teehee:

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

I don't think it's about scuicide either. It's just some change in your life that you wanna do. To escape or something like that. But not scuicide...

Jessy

Jessy Member

I don;t think LP would write lyrics about suicide. Im mean this song implies that the singer is going to hurt himself if you have the suicide thing in mind. And LP is always very open about the possitive message they want to give to their fans, even though there are lyrics about the hard things in life. They always try to give things a positive message. So i doubt if this is about suicide without a clear message that that is not the way to go.... Or am I wrong?

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

im gonna agree with Jessy on this one guys, she makes sence, and plenty of it.

ThePain

ThePain Active Member

thats true about it might be a suicide note because think about part of me iys a song about someone suiciding

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, LP's lyrics are the most positive on the planet. :rolleyes:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

You're wrong.

And it doesn't mean the singer is going to do it, because Mike actually wrote the song, Chester just sang it. And the song isn't about Mike either, it is about a friend of his. And I do think LP would write about suicide, its a topic that i'm sure many kids can relate to.

Jessy

Jessy Member

Ok, so im wrong. .

(sigh) I though this would be interpreted wrong. I didn't mean
    " singer " as in Chester, but the person who eerhm how should i say this, the person who is saying these lyrics. Not Mike or Chesterbut the person from who's point of view this song is sang. Sorry my english isn;t that great..but am trying here....
    And it's not that they wouldn't do a song about suicide, its just that they would, somehow put in a possitive message... That's what i ment.
    Am i making any sence this time?
    ( Thanks Newfy for understanding me the first time. You're one of the few people who do :p )

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

okely dokely

Will

The only LP song with a positive message is "Somewhere I Belong," and maybe "Session."

Jessy

Jessy Member

That's your interpretation of things... Personaly i think more songs on Meteora have positive messages. Its a matter of perspective i think. I think every song has a different meaning for different people. That's the beauty of music...

Jessy

Will

Uh, yeah... "The very worst part of you is me" is real positive.

..:rolleyes:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I dont think they would put in a positive message. Show me the positive message in BTH's lyrics.

What's next? One Step Closer's meaning is actually Frolicking through a grassy meadow?

:lol:

Will

I dont think they would put in a positive message. Show me the positive message in BTH's lyrics.

What's next? One Step Closer's meaning is actually Frolicking through a grassy meadow?

:lol: [/b][/quote]
    F*ck yeah. That would be badass.

Jessy

Jessy Member

"I don't want to be the one
    Who battles always choose
    Cuz inside I realize
    That I'm the one confused"

"But now I have some clarity
    to show you what I mean"

I've been through a lot in my life and I recognize these particular lyrics as the first steps to recovery. But thats just my interpretation.

'The sound of your voice
    Painted on my memories
    Even if you’re not with me
    I’m with you'

Ain't love a frolick through a grassy meadow... It's just a point of view...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.