BuyMyself (manson remix)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jon[athan], Jan 17, 2005.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

does anyone know why the manson remix BuyMyself, never made it onto the reanimation album?

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i think it was another reason for us as fans to buy the cd single. but LP might of already had give the go ahead to josh abraham to do the remix.

to tell you the truth those where both guesses but they might be a proper reason that i dont know, but they sound pretty realistic to me! ^_^

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Well I heard somewhere that the Manson remix was actualy the first remix to be finished but Josh Abraham and Mike were already working on a project to remix By myself.LP decided that the Manson remix just didn't keep in tone with the rest of the album (kind of like High Voltage Remix for Hybrid Theory) and went along with the Josh Abraham/Mike remix.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I remember when Reanimation was first announced, Manson was listed on the names of people that would be featured on it, so the theory of Buy Myself being done early works. I know there were some songs that more than one artist remixed that didn't make the album (Points of Authority by Crystal Method, My December by Team Sleep and DJ Shadow, etc.). LP probably liked Mike and Josh Abraham's remix better, that's all. It is better anyway.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:eek:

I want it.

Astat

:eek:

I want it. [/b][/quote]
    Actually it was DJ Shadow, my bad. All I know is it was a mix that was submitted for the album but didn't make the cut, and the Micky Petralia/Kelli Ali mix was chosen instead. I don't know what became of the track, as far as I know it was never released...

Will

Actually it was DJ Shadow, my bad. All I know is it was a mix that was submitted for the album but didn't make the cut, and the Micky Petralia/Kelli Ali mix was chosen instead. I don't know what became of the track, as far as I know it was never released... [/b][/quote]
    You're right.

But didn't Team Sleep work on a remix of another song? I remember reading that they would be on the album but they weren't when all was said and done. It'd be interesting to find out what track they remixed.

JJ

You're right.

But didn't Team Sleep work on a remix of another song? I remember reading that they would be on the album but they weren't when all was said and done. It'd be interesting to find out what track they remixed. [/b][/quote]
    your knowledge of LPA amazes me!

it would be kick ass if someone had those tracks that didnt make the final cut ^_^

Luke

your knowledge of LPA amazes me!

it would be kick ass if someone had those tracks that didnt make the final cut ^_^ [/b][/quote]
    Team Sleep? DJ Shadow? Dammit,Will bring up a meeting in the LPA team to start searching for it :lol:

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Just a fact, the dude talking in [Stef] is Stephen Carpenter, guitarist of Deftones, and he helped in By_Mslf (he didn't get recognition O_O). On the other hand, Team Sleep is a project lead by Deftones' Chino Moreno. Maybe By_Myslf is the track you are talking about, Will.

Why on earth would they chose Kelli Ali's remix over Team Sleep's??? Dammit.

Will

No. Stef just plays guitar on that remix. I remember reading that Team Sleep would be remixing a track.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

No. Stef just plays guitar on that remix. I remember reading that Team Sleep would be remixing a track. [/b][/quote]
    Another Reanimation remix, apart from their My December that didn't make the cut? Mierda(Spanish.for.shit).

[goes to search it, although he'll find a fake one]...

Astat

Stef did get credit for By_Myslf, I'd just like to point out. He's not listed on the back of the CD but in the booklet in the notes under the song it says "Additional guitar: Stef Carpenter."

Good point about Team Sleep being Chino's side project, but I doubt they worked on By_Myslf, since that'd make 3 mixes for the same track. @_@ Now that I think about it, Chino's voice would fit My December really well.

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

i almost got my hands on the manson remix, but i was an idiot at the time and thought, "remixes usually suck"
    and now i can't remember where it was

Luke

Well who knows,maybe LP will release them through LPU next year or something

JJ

doubt it like....

Luke

doubt it like.... [/b][/quote]
    doubt it like? hmmm was that supposed to make sense? :lol:

You never know,you never know (unless of course they announce it :lol: )

linkin park psycho

linkin park psycho Banned

if they did have this one i would not buy the cd but since they didn't i bought it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

(back to the topic) i believe the manson remix didn't change the song that much - at least not as much as the eventual by_myslf did. it was definitely an improvement, that track ...