Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by RyRy, Jan 8, 2013.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Rejoice. People have finally realised BOPS is shit.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I happen to like the game. Rejoice. Posting just to hate is lame and immature.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Amen. I for one hate Black Ops II, but I don't go on other threads about other shows/movies/games and say shit, why should anybody else? It IS Immature. Threads about shows/movies/games were created by fans for fans. If you don't like the subject, don't post in these threads.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm not here to hate, but I do have a question to pose.

I'm not a Call of Duty fan. My friend and his little brother are. So naturally, they had to go out and get Black Ops II as soon as it came out. About a week later, they had both declared that Black Ops II is complete crap and that the original Black Ops is "way better."

This confuses me. Mostly because, when I watch them both play Black Ops II, and then switch over to Black Ops, I feel like I'm watching them play the exact same game. But as I said before, I'm not a fan which means I'm completely ignorant to these games.

My question is, do you agree that there is some big difference between the two games? And if so, what is it exactly?

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

A lot of variables between the games. There are many underlying, non-visual mechanics that change every game such as spawn mechanics. In essence, lots and lots of small, little, non-aesthetic changes that collectively give seasoned CoD fans something different.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

It really is the same game with a twist. Essentially the games play out similarly- but with added guns, maps, story line, and slightly different mechanics.

Most people buy the game because that's where the people are. No one wants to play the old game while the newer one is out. It's smart, because people will faithfully purchase each game every year, plus another $60 for DLC. Then complain how it's the same game, how boring it is, how annoying the players are, etc., just in time for the next one to come out. Then people love Call of Duty all over again. Then the cycle repeats. New COD, new DLC, hate for the current game. New COD, new DLC, hate for the current game...

This isn't coming from someone who hates COD. I very much enjoyed every game in the series, but at this point I really am tired of buying the same thing every year. I haven't bought the new DLC, and I really don't plan on it either.