Cheating In Relationships

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Sep 4, 2011.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Lol I messed up the OP actually didn't say that. But still, no one here said cheating was good. And I agree with Trav.

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

I know no one said that. That's why I'm asking, because I can't imagine anyone stepping in here to say "Yay, I think cheating is great!" because as I said, the Topic sounded like "You like cheating or not?". If it's about experiences though, everything's fine.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

what do you guys think defines cheating cause I have friends who struggle with this. Me and my friends have a very close and "physical". Ya know, we're all very touchy and flirty with each other and when my friends come to me conflicted saying "being flirty and physical is just who I am but my "partner" doesn't like it, what do I do?" I never know what to tell em. Where do your guys' lines stand

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It really depends on what type of relationship you have, it could be an entirely monogamous relationship, or an open relationship, or causal, or it could be a "Friends with befits" sort of thing.

In my opinion, it's best to talk about these sort of things before the relationship starts so that all involved know how the other feels. One person may not feel that being flirty is wrong while a partner may disagree then it is best to not get involved with that person.

To define Cheating:

Going against established rules (sometimes unspoken but generally known) that (all) parties in your relationship have agreed upon.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Despise the action itself but without it I would not exist.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Bingo.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I've only been in 2 relationships, I didn't cheat and don't think I was cheated on, at least I hope not.

I say if you're cheating/going to cheat on your partner just end the relationship ASAP, you're only going to hurt your partner even more the longer you wait. If I ever got cheated on, it would be an instant "fuck you, you're dead to me for life bitch"

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

I second this.

In fact, I wouldn't put it past me If I developed a slight-distrust for people I like. Just a small wall or barrier to protect myself from it ever happening again. Being cheated on sucks and cheating is just wrong. Nobody really wins at it.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It's ironic that after I posted in this thread, my girlfriend cheated on me with my new roommate, and now they're "dating", or something. They're in his room, right now, naked. I know this because as a bro, I still have to offer a bong rip, because, I mean, everyone needs it. But it was weird. At least she had the stoner bitch etiquette of asking if it was okay if she took a rip too.

Oh well. Shit happens, and you just wipe your ass of the situation and move on.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Swag on.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if i'd be playing the devil's advocate by saying this but.....

If you're gonna cheat on somebody that you claim to care about....

1. Be good at hiding it. If you really think you are in a good relationship that just has a few quirks, then don't fuck it up because you feel 97% happy

2. If you feel guilty, don't do it.

3.If you tell the person, and you know that it will hurt them. You are a douche. You are only telling them so you won't feel guilty.

4. Last but not least, evaluate your damn relationship. If you aren't happy, break up. If you are happy but have some weird fetish or some shit that they aren't down with doing, if you have the balls, find someone who can do it. *shrugs*

I've been involved in all types of infidelity lol, but I'm in a great relationship now and can't really see myself doing anything with anyone else. #WINNING

Gloomy Mushroom

Good question posed. Most girls I know consider flirting or kissing as a form of cheating. I don't. I think cheating is when you openly go out of your way to fuck the other person. I haven't done that. Oh trust me, I did really think about it for quite a while but when push came to shove I never did it.

Anne

Lol. Kissing is not cheating? Yeah well I would tell my partner to get the fuck away if he would kiss another girl.
    Plus, it's disgusting to tell people to go fuck someone else if your real partner isn't into your "fetish". Seriously, what are some people thinking? Don't get in a relationship in the first place, urgh. Sorry if I'm offending anyone, but I really hope that I will never get to know someone with a similar opinion.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm going to have to side with Anne here. If I saw a girl of mine open mouth kissing another guy, that shit would be over. I don't know where some of you came from, but when you're locking lips with someone else and you have a relationship already that's certainly being unfaithful. You don't just kiss every person you know on the lips. On the cheek maybe (as some cultures greet by a hug and a kiss on both cheeks) but actually making out? That's not something I do with any of my friends. The only people I've made out with are people I've been in love with.

Kissing (romantically) is most certainly cheating.

Gloomy Mushroom

Actually most of the cheating happens when a party involved isn't happy with their relationship with the other person and is finding an easy way out without trying to resolve it. Or on the other hand, just bluntly do it without reason. So the whole basis of "don't get into a relationship in the first place" only applies to the first half of my post. I'm not condoning it, I think it's really wrong and I agree with a majority of the posts in this thread.

And I do apologise, I did forget to add in the fact that I don't consider flirting as cheating but more so kissing.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I kinda don't think you understand where I was coming from. There are plenty of people who cheat, and it isn't all for the same reasons, nor do they all have the same mindset and/or values.... I'm just saying, if you're one of those people who do it, please evaluate why you want and/or are doing it. But honestly, I suggest not sticking to a relationship that you aren't 100% happy with, but for the few people who really love their "97%", don't fuck it up.

Oh yeah, I'm really into psychology.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
    Anne

Don't worry, I did understand what you tried to say perfectly. Doesn't make it less disgusting.
    Btw, acting like a douche has nothing to do with psychology. Be in a relationship and be faithful, or break up. It's simple as that.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

It takes a strong couple who has alot of trust in eachother to be able to do the threesome thing, but most of the time it's not done unless both parties feel comfortable with it.

Anne

what has that to do with cheating?

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Some people see that as such because you are being intimate with someone else.

I've known people to do it and break up afterwards because they blame the other of infidelity over such matters.