Chino Moreno Talks Down On Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Derek, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

It's his opinion. Leave him alone.

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

what the f*ck is that chino talking about does he think he's god or something

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Punctuation is all the rage these days.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

It would be nice if Mike made a quick freestyle dissing Chino from Deftones. He would shut Chino's @$$ up, for once and for all!! (but i know that never would happen...)

Chino doesn't deserve to be in the band. He doesn't deserve to be in the music industry!! Talking like that about Linkin park and other bands...he should be in jail!! :angry: ... :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I dont want Mike, or any other good band to do that. If Mike did that, he would bring himself down to Chino's level and look just as bad.

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

Uh, that's a bit much don't you think? I mean, sure, he sounds like he has an ego the size of Russia, but he doesn't have to go to jail for saying what he thinks. It actually takes a lot to speak your mind and say how you feel.

And for Mike to stoop to Chino's level and insult him back, would be purely elementary school. Obviously, if they haven't dissed a band yet, they aren't going to. Linkin Park handle critics very well, I think.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

well, I was just joking about Chino going to jail...

It would bring LP's reputation down if Mike did that.

Well, I'm sorry for saying all of this. :(

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

Dissing other music artists is common. If these people were punished for this, then wouldn't Nas and Jay-Z be in custody? And I don't think LP should retaliate. This would give chino the honor to say something else, and we should get mad at LP. But it should never happen, Lp is not like that and they should ignore chino's harsh and childish remarks.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

To Darken Hybrid, you need to grow up. Linkin Park are a rock band, not 50 Cent & Ja Rule. If Mike were to retaliate, it would prove that Linkin Park are pathetic, having to sink to Chino's low level to prove to people who they are. LINKIN PARK DON'T HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE!! They prove that they're good musicians in their music and if you can't already see that and expect Mike to diss Chino back...leave these boards now. Mike would be just as immature to talk smack back at Chino. Grow up, guys, seriously.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Besides Mike disses different things that Chino does. Step-Up is probably Linkin Parks only ever diss song, and its dissing fake acts in Linkin Park's genre, not someone's mother.

Mike uses his emcee ability to make battle rhymes, not harsh words like Chino.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

AND...Mike doesn't target anyone. Step Up is directed to fake bands and not any in particular.

Chino should stfu.

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

you are so right :lol: :lol:

whenthisbegan

Here's what Phoenix said about it:

Pete: You know, another rumor I want to clear up, I heard a small rumor that the Deftones might pull off the tour. Because, I read this crazy-ass article in Revolver, I'm sure you heard of, where Chino basically bashed every band on the bill.

Phe: (stifling laughter) Yeah.

Pete: The quote was - "A big problem for me was opening for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, two bands that wouldn't (Phe starts laughing) exist if it weren't for me."

Phe: (laughing) Yeah.

Pete: It's like, where's that coming from?

Phe: I don't know, I mean, I wont… I need to talk to Chino first, before I say anything about that, because it's like, I know that we've gotten misquoted and misrepresented, but, you know, at the same time, he might've said that, and, I love Chino, and I love the Deftones, you know, and so for me to read something like that, it's funny, it's kinda, kinda, a bummer, but kind of funny in the same vein.

Pete: You know, I honestly couldn't see Chino saying that - he's such a nice guy. And I could totally see Revolver kinda twisting his words around, possibly.

Phe: Well, (laughs) and you know, nobody's ever accused Revolver magazine of not wanting to like, make something controversial. And you know, it works for them - it got you to mention it, got us to talk about it. We'll see.

Pete: Yeah. (laughs)

This was taken from the LP fans LJ community. Somebody typed up a radio interview he did on the 11th in Cleveland (he called in).

So there you have it.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

See? LP are nice guys. They're not about to turn around and pick a fight. Thanks Whenthisbegan!!

whenthisbegan

No problem, man :)

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

i hate the deftones...they can't even sing

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

this issue was dead.

also, i can forsee flaming in the future, so this is closed.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

you forgot to close it :p

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

you forgot to close it :p [/b][/quote]
    lol, crap. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.