College

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by lofton0788, Feb 3, 2005.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I'm most likely going to Southern Methodist University or The University of Texas at Austin if I get lucky, but I'm gonna try to transfer into the University of Southern California or New York University depending on my grades.

After that I'll go for UT Southwestern Medical Center for my M.D.

Go Me :hugz:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

ah. I know two people @ Drexel.

hybrid_soldier

hybrid_soldier Well-Known Member

I study at Ealing, hammersmith and west london colleges. Wow i just realised how long the name is :lol:

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I study at the Hairstylists College <3

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I'm goign to a school in Amsterdam to study Criminology

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

i go to the University of Nevada, Reno. its pretty cool. it is the prettiest part of all of Nevada.

i mostly went to it cuz i get to live at home for free and i got a 10k scholarship if i stayed here in NV. so good stuff. :p

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

the millenium scholarship? they keep raising the required GPA, probably because theyre getting stingy. it sucks. although i dont think i want to go to UNLV (or UNR).

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Next year, I'm most likely going to Cégep de Limoilou for a three years technique in mechanical engineering and then to École de Technlogogie Supérieure (Superior Technology School, a university) in mechanical engineering again.

We kinda have 2 levels of education after high school here and you have to go through the first (Cégep) if you want to go to university.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

lol all of you people are goin to smart colleges. im thinking about going to WYO tech, to become and automotive technician.

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

I'm currently studying in a Polytechnic, which is actually a technical college pursuing a diploma in Film and (perhaps if i have a chance) Animation.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm studying at the Graphic Lyceum in Utrecht, but i want to change after this year.

shwadizzle

shwadizzle Member

cornell

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Smartass. :lol:

Congrats, that's a great school.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

I'll probably do the pre-university program Arts et Lettres: Profil langues, concentration Allemand et Espagnol (Arts, Culture and Languages: Concentration German and Spanish) at the Collège de Maisonneuve in Montreal.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Awesome, I'm looking into doing a music minor as well. Though the Engineering curiculum is keeping me busy as it is. I'm in a music theory course this semester. [/b][/quote]
    Nice. It's a bit odd, I've got a ton of theory under my belt and I haven't even taken the class yet in my high school. But yes, music is my passion. I hope to be a high school choir director one day.

Holiday

the millenium scholarship? they keep raising the required GPA, probably because theyre getting stingy. it sucks. although i dont think i want to go to UNLV (or UNR). [/b][/quote]
    yeah, the Millenium. i got it when u only had to get a 3.0 so it was cake. my bro has to get a 3.25 i think :blink:

i like UNR. ive nvr seen UNLV.

where are you planning to go if not anywhere in NV?

i just thought 10k was too much to waste lol

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

yeah, the Millenium. i got it when u only had to get a 3.0 so it was cake. my bro has to get a 3.25 i think :blink:

i like UNR. ive nvr seen UNLV.

where are you planning to go if not anywhere in NV?

i just thought 10k was too much to waste lol [/b][/quote]
    yeah, i have to get a 3.25 too, and it just so happens that everyone that graduates before me (07) just has to get a 3.1. its stupid.

i actually heard UNR is pretty good, i think its kind of far though. UNLV pretty much gets you no where, i believe their only requirement is a pulse.

im actually thinking about going to IADT (international academy of design and technology) here in las vegas. i really dont know much about it but its the only school for fashion design i could find and i think somewhere said it was good :lol: if i dont stay here, id probably go somewhere like san fran because its the closest and my uncle lives there.

yeah, basically the only thing thats really keeping me here for college is the millenium scholarship.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

yeah, i have to get a 3.25 too, and it just so happens that everyone that graduates before me (07) just has to get a 3.1. its stupid.

i actually heard UNR is pretty good, i think its kind of far though. UNLV pretty much gets you no where, i believe their only requirement is a pulse.

im actually thinking about going to IADT (international academy of design and technology) here in las vegas. i really dont know much about it but its the only school for fashion design i could find and i think somewhere said it was good :lol: if i dont stay here, id probably go somewhere like san fran because its the closest and my uncle lives there.

yeah, basically the only thing thats really keeping me here for college is the millenium scholarship. [/b][/quote]
    Wow, I wish the GPA recs for Virginia Tech were a 3.25 gpa...that's pretty light in comparison

Holiday

yeah, basically the only thing thats really keeping me here for college is the millenium scholarship. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, i like UNR. it is pretty good. haha as i said b4, it is like the prettiest place in all of this state (excluding Tahoe area) haha and that is another plus to UNR, you are right at Tahoe. but i dont have enough money to go snow boarding :'(

we are really lucky to have the Millenium. it would be so hard to pay for college w/o it. and the reason they did it is just what you said: it is the only thing keeping you here.

UNR is a lil better than UNLV...i think :blink:
    it isnt the best school in the world though. i always think that its funny that ppl form other countries and states come here. there are students from like 53 or 153 diff countries...i dotn remember exactly. but still i like UNR. but im not sure it is more competitive than UNLV. if you like sports i suppose UNLV is good hahaha at least a hell of a lot better than The Wolf Pack.

at UNR you will be surrounded by tons of other LV ppl. i mean tons. haha i think there are more ppl from LV than Reno, or at least close. haha no one is interested in college in Reno. haha sry that was mean.

anyways i think im rambeling. so i'll shut up.

hehe i always forget that you are a fellow Nevadan :p