Dead By Sunrise - "Crawl Back In" Video Now On YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Exactly.>_<

What's the point of comparing them. C'mon..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Crawl Back In" doesn't seem to deviate too heavily from how Linkin Park sounds, in my opinion. Whereas "Remember The Name" was, like, miles away from what Linkin Park did. ;) So there's my comparison between the two side-projects, however pointless such a comparison it may be.

Hopefully, the other songs on the album stray further away from what "Crawl Back In" is; the song's not bad but ... it's a little too average for my liking. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Mikes a better productionist as well as a better writer, lyrically and musically. I just know Chester has something more in him. It kind of pisses me off. Look what hes been able to do for linkin park for the past 10 years. Im not asking him to emulate the linkin park sound. I am asking him to create something of his own and that being something that the radio hasnt already heard 100 times over in one day.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you. I know Chester is capable of more than a sound we've already heard. He's a good musician and I think CBI is just under him. "Fire" was leagues better, but still I know it's not his best.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

At least the video conveys the image of feeling small and lost inside society (that seems pertrified and dead as well). Nice thought.
    It's no video that would give goosebumps, but I like it better than New Divide, for example.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The song and video both are not very good.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Average video for an average song in my opinion.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

yeah, this song is highly generic and just meh all around. i suppose the guitar solo is something new when you think of songs involving chester though. I bet there will be better songs on the album though

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

That was a terrible video.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

It was ok.

Look, Let Down proves he has amazing potential, Fire was good, so I'm still crossing my fingers

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

in my honest opinion, as much as I love Julien-K as themselves, I think they are what are holding Chester back/down in Dead By Sunrise. Chester has Linkin Park and they have their sound. Chester 'joins julien-k' and he kind of adapts their sound a bit, yes, yes, minus a lot of eletronic stuff. I think if Chester would have went off on his own with some kind of acoustic album or something like Jonny Craig of Emarosa did, or go with an entirely unheard of group of friends for a new band, I think we would be seeing completely different reviews here. I still have high hopes for this album, but so far, i'm left wanting much more.

Derek

Agreed 110%.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I would like to think that, but I think Chester has creative control and honestly just isn't that good a songwriter. His solo project is just letting it show.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Let Down" will be great, "Walking In Circles" will be great, I'm sure, "Fire" is okay ... and "Crawl Back In" is just barely above okay.

And I'm sure they'll all sound different to us when we hear them as part of a finished album ... like, right now, they're just these one-off songs we've gotten after not having heard Chester on anything new for a while ...

Derek

I think DBS will kind of be like Fort Minor, not in the sense of sound persay...but in the sense that there are some songs on that record that are true examples of Mike's potential, and then others that feel like pathetic filler.

I think we'll see the same with Chester. A few masterpieces, and a few songs that feel like quickly written filler.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

in your opinion. What songs on the Rising Tied did you think were fillers? I thought the whole album was great

Derek

Oh believe me, so did I. The album itself was a masterpiece...but songs like In Stereo, Believe Me and Be Somebody were a bit cheesy compared to the rest. But the album overall was very impressive.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

something about "the rising tied" gives me a nice feeling. i can't describe it properly but i really really like this album and what mike did on it. listening to "right now" does something special for me everytime. overall im very happy that they decided to go solo and while i think DBS won't live up to the greatness mike used to establish with fort minor, it still might have it's moments.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

it is and always has been obvious as to who is the better songwriter out of Mike and Chester. As much as I love LP, Chester's lyrics have always had a bit of 'genericness' about them. It is that value, apose to Mike's deeper, detailed words,that make LP so appealing to so many.

I think I'll like DBS, but it's in grave danger of sounding just as average as your next mainstream rock album. If we want to make cross genre comparison, then 'The Rising Tied' looks the goods. But I think I'll wait for 'Out of Ashes' release before I think anything

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

The only one of those I didn't really enjoy was In Stereo. Believe Me was totally catchy and had that great drum solo and instrumental. Be Somebody is pretty good instrumentally as well. The only songs that kinda screamed filler were Get Me Gone and The Battle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.