Demo songs.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by SergSlim, Mar 1, 2006.

SergSlim

SergSlim Well-Known Member

Fresh 'N' Clean (Outkast Cover)
    Length is 0:43, is there any longer version? 'cause that 43 seconds are only some kind of intro to that song.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's all there is, it was just them screwing around a little bit at a show, it goes right into One Step Closer after that.

SergSlim

Sorry, about this question, which totally not concerning this topic.
    I need to know some info about Lp.

I read in Wikipedia:
    Shinoda and Delson sent Bennington a tape containing an instrumental song and he recorded vocals for it. He then called Shinoda and played the song over the phone.

What was meant by these words - played the song. Did he play the tape to them with, or he sang a song over the phone, with playing tape?
    Does anybody know...?

Astat

Chester recorded the vocals, called Mike, and played the recording of the song over the phone I guess.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Chester was given the tape by Zomba A&R rep. Jeff Blue in late 1998, early 1999. Chester recorded over the material and passed the tape back to the band through Blue. On his birthday in 1999, he got a call from the band saying they wanted him to fly to Califronia to audition. He flew out the same day.

SergSlim

So the info in Wikipedia is wrong about him playing the song over the phone?

Astat

I guess so. Don't trust anything you read on Wikipedia, because anyone can edit a Wikipedia entry to make it say anything they want.

SergSlim

Where from do you know, that everything was like Mark says?
    Why should I trust him? I'm not saying, that I don't trust him, but I wanna know where did he get this info?

Astat

I'm pretty sure that info is on pushmeaway.com, and Nicole, the girl that runs that site, has been friends with LP since like 1998.

SergSlim

I saw at a lot of web sites a Demo of Walking Dead. Have anybody heard about it?

Astat

It's a version of Walking Dead that was on a Z-Trip advance promo CD. It's the same song, just without as many instruments in it as the final version.

SergSlim

You forgot about lyrics to the third By Myself Demo.
    If you can, post a link to lyrics of all 3 version of demo of By myself, and of 3 verions of demo of A Place For My Head. Or send them somewhere. By mail or ICQ. If you can.

By the way. Is there any difference between lyrics of High Voltage and Reprise version? And what's the difference between them?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
    Astat

The Reprise version of High Voltage is the one that's on the One Step Closer single and Frat Party DVD, the music is completely different from the EP version, as well as the lyrics to the chorus and Chester's singing part being added.

I don't have the lyrics to each By Myself/A Place for My Head demo, but here are the differences between each one:

By Myself:
    #1 = "Super Zero" from the 9-track demo CD. It has Mike whispering "So, what do you think?" at the beginning, and during the bridge there is a drum beat going in the background. The lyrics in this one are significantly different than the other 2 versions.

#2 = "By Myself" from the 2-track demo CD. This one doesn't have the whisper at the beginning or the beat in the bridge that the 9-track version has. Also, on the first words of the song, "What do I do," Mike comes in right on the beat, and during the bridge he says "I'm so afraid."

#3 = "Super Xero" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is almost the same as the 2-track version, except Mike comes in off the beat on the first line of the song, and during the bridge he says "Always afraid" instead of "I'm so afraid."

A Place for My Head:
    #1 = "Esaul" from the 9-track demo CD. This version has the lyrics "So I run from that to a place I can't find you at" in the first verse.

#2 = "A Place for My Head (Esaul)" from the 2-track demo CD. This version has the lyrics "But an on-front attack, you could never run from that" in the first verse, different from the 9-track version. This version has the "And the second it starts" lyric at the start of the 2nd verse that the website version doesn't have.

#3 = "Esaul" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is similar to the 2-track version, except that at the start of the second verse, there's just the guitar playing with no vocals for a second, without the "And the second it starts" lyric.

SergSlim

In #1 Super Zero Mike also says Always afraid, like in #3? Right?

So I don't have #3 Super Xero and #2 A Place for My Head (Esaul).
    I'll try to look for them on the internet. But how I'm supposed to differ them from those other versions?.....

I've just figured out, that High Voltage, that I have is a Reprise version. I had no EP version. When I downloaded Reprise again, I compared it with the one I had and saw no differences. I thought - wtf? Only now, when I downloaded EP version, which I thought I already had - I understood everything. Cool!

Extra Track on Grey Daze: "...no sun today". Do you know what's that?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
    Astat

The extra track on No Sun Today is an acoustic version of The Down Syndrome with piano and acoustic guitar.

There's an extra track on Wake Me too, it's a recording of Chester doing the vocals for Morei Sky.

SergSlim

How about these songs:

1)Deftones feat. Linkin Park - Head Up (Live)
    2)Linkin Park Feat. Aaron Lewis – Crawling (Acoustic Live)
    3)Orgy feat. Linkin Park - Fiction
    4)Linkin Park – United States Of Whatever (Liam Lynch Cover Live)
    5)Linkin Park Feat. DJ Z-Trip – It’s Goin’ Down
    6)Linkin Park Feat. Aaron Lewis – One Step Closer (Live)
    7)Linkin Park Feat. Puddle Of Mudd & Adema – One Step Closer (Live)
    8)Linkin Park Feat. Sonny Of P.O.D. – One Step Closer (Live)
    9)Linkin Park feat. Xzibit - Nobody's Listening (Live)
    10)Linkin Park feat. Styles Of Beyond - Points of Authority(Live)
    11)Breaking the Habit Original Concept (From LPTV)

Astat

I have to compliment you, because I've never answered this many questions in one thread before. :lol:

1)Deftones feat. Linkin Park - Head Up (Live)
    If you watch Frat Party, this is the song where Mike and Chester run out onstage during the Deftones set, during the whole "The Chemist" part where Chester replaces the Deftones' water with vodka. There's a bootleg of that show, and during Head Up you hear Chino say something about Linkin Park, so they're out on the stage with them, but I don't think Mike or Chester actually sing anything. Chester might be doing some of the screaming, it's hard to tell.

2)Linkin Park Feat. Aaron Lewis – Crawling (Acoustic Live)
    This was during the KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas 2001 set. LP played a 3-song acoustic set of Pushing Me Away, Crawling, and In the End in the middle of their normal setlist. Aaron Lewis from Staind came out on Crawling and sang with them.

3)Orgy feat. Linkin Park - Fiction
    This was sometime during 2004, Chester came out onstage at an Orgy concert and sang Fiction with them. There's no recording of it though.

4)Linkin Park – United States Of Whatever (Liam Lynch Cover Live)
    According to forfeitthegame.com, LP covered this song during a recording session at BBC or CD:UK or one of those live in-studio things. There's no known recording of it though, and I'm not sure if it really happened.

5)Linkin Park Feat. DJ Z-Trip – It’s Goin’ Down
    This was during the Projekt Revolution 2002 tour, when LP played It's Goin' Down they had Z-Trip (and sometimes Riff Raff as well) come out and DJ alongside Mr. Hahn on the track.

6)Linkin Park Feat. Aaron Lewis – One Step Closer (Live)
    This is on the Family Values Tour 2001 CD, I believe it was from the Tacoma, Washington show. During the entire tour, Aaron would come out on One Step Closer, but there's a professionally recorded version of it on the CD.

7)Linkin Park Feat. Puddle Of Mudd & Adema – One Step Closer (Live)
    This was from the Docklands Arena 9/16/2001 show that was on HBO's Reverb program. Wes Scantlin from Puddle of Mudd and Marky Chavez from Adema came out on One Step Closer at the end.

8)Linkin Park Feat. Sonny Of P.O.D. – One Step Closer (Live)
    This was from KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas 2003, Sonny came out on One Step Closer.

9)Linkin Park feat. Xzibit - Nobody's Listening (Live)
    They did this during the Projekt Revolution 2003 tour, but there's only one known recording of it. Basically Xzibit would come out during Nobody's Listening and they extended the song, with Xzibit throwing in a verse from his song Say My Name.

10)Linkin Park feat. Styles Of Beyond - Points of Authority(Live)
    I think this was on the Street Soldiers Tour in early 2001, SOB would come out during Points of Authority and help with the beatboxing/rap part.

11)Breaking the Habit Original Concept (From LPTV)
    I'm pretty sure this is the part from LPTV where they're in the studio and all the string players are playing their parts from Breaking the Habit.

SergSlim

You know a lot! Thanks for that info. I'll try to download it somewhere....

SergSlim

Same Direction (Hoobastank)
    The Way You Like It (Adema)
    Endure (Nonpoint)
    The Festive Song (Good Charlotte)
    I read they're with Chester.
    What about them?

Ooops. Sorry for double-post.
    i realised it after I pushed the button.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

My info's from a RollingStone interview with Chester. Straight from the horses mouth. :lol: