Did you Like L.P. right away??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by dopey, Mar 31, 2004.

?

No question avaiable to import.

1. I got into linkin park right away!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I thought they were ok and then they grew on me...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I didn't really care and then i started to like them.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I really didn't like L.P. at all and then i started to later.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I still don't like L.P. i just tolerate them and this forum.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    glynnmaris

glynnmaris New Member

:D Gee, the truth is 'I' liked LP when I was a bit too young, and I totally forgot about them. When I heard 'One Step Closer' it became one of my favourite videos and songs. They were striking, becoz of the way Chester delivers the song is really great. Overall, I liked them really at first and the the liking goes on and on....blablabla.

maxiscool

maxiscool Well-Known Member

I remember when i first saw OSC is was like god damn calm down there. And i liked all of their singles that they showed on mtv and such but didnt really get into them untill one day i was bored and decided to search for them on kazaa and downloaded papercut.

ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

Actually when i was like 10 or something i had a baby sitter and everytime he came over he would bring hybrid theory, i got into one step closer, in the end and crawling, it was one of those deals where its like just a band that you like a few of there songs. Then PaPeR_CuT(we live near by and we are freinds) starting suggesting songs for me and then they grew on me.

xXLPLuVXx

xXLPLuVXx Member

yeah, i liked LP at young age! I also watched CRAWLING and it shocked me out, thats also how i started liking them. I ran to the nearesst music store and bought Hybrid Theory. I still watch the music video when I feel bored; it cheers me up and makes me feel crazy. That song is still stuck in my head!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

When "One Step Closer" came out, I didn't pay much attention to them because I wasn't really into rock then. I only listened to Creed. Then, in 2001, P.O.D.'s "Alive" came out and I started listening to rock. I was talking to someone online about P.O.D. in about March 2002, and he said, "You know, if you like P.O.D., you'll like Linkin Park." I was like, "Who?" Then he sent me "A Place For My Head" and I loved it, so I had him send me more. The next song he sent me was "Papercut" and I knew I had to hear more, so I had him send me one more song, and he sent me "Forgotten." From those three songs, I became hooked, and bought the album the next day.

So I started liking them without ever hearing any of their singles. How cool is that?

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

im kinda the same as will here, i didnt really notice it, i seen it a few times flicking through channels, but i never sat and listened to it, i wasnt really into any rock tho, but when i heard crawling, i HAD to go out and buy the single + album

albi

albi Banned

i grew up with them

Meteora89

Meteora89 Well-Known Member

When i first saw the OSC and Crawling videos i thought they were an okay band but when i saw In the End i got hooked, i went out and bought HT then i really started to like them and ive liked them ever since that.

runawaygirl

runawaygirl Member

i heard in the end in first i completly faal i love with it but after i heard my december and i start to say "oh man, what's that ####" but after i heard one step closer and i found it very good so i donwlod some of lp song and i said that just my december was a #### and other song was jsut perfect. ^_^

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

From the first second I heard them. As soon as I heard In The End, I knew I had a new fav band...been addicted ever since...

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I heard In The End like a million times and liked in a lot. I downloaded Papercut and With You and enjoyed them, and bought the album in the summer of 2002. I didn't listen to it for a while except for the tracks that I already knew, but I eventually listened to more and more. Eventually, all I did was listen to the CD all the way through.

mp066

mp066 Well-Known Member

The first song I heard of their's was Crawling and I thought it was a pretty kickass song...but whenever i hear a new band, i try and listen to other songs before i buy their cd. after i heard OSC i was completely hooked.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

The first time I found out about Linkin Park was when I was checking out my local rock station's website which featured a list of new songs added to their playlist each week. I saw One Step Closer listed and I never heard of it before so I downloaded it again. I loved it the first time I heard it. It was exactly the type of song I wanted to hear during that time. A few days later, the station started playing other songs by them as this "New Rock Preview" thing. They gave a short mini-bio thing of Linkin Park in two or three minutes and played With You and Papercut. I loved those songs too and I knew I had to get the album. I saw the video for One Step Closer later on too. Just saw the weird intro with the little midget and the people following him and somehow I could tell it was Linkin Park. Dunno why.. :lol: The video for Crawling blew away though. Still my favorite LP song ever.

EngiShinnizle

EngiShinnizle Active Member

It was in 2001 , my tv set was broken n i didn't know bout music v-klip for few months.
    My highshcool friends r crazy bout LP but i didn't even know bout them. I often listened to their songs n i love it but i never knew that it was their songs i dunno how's the band member face.
    After bought the new tv set i start to found their videos, n my first video is papercut eventhough OSC, Crawling,n In the End has been released before it. It's lil bit ashamed huh??? :p
    Then....I start to buy thier CD n become their truly fan!

End of the story.................

:mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:

dopey

dopey Member

2 people voted they still don't like them... heh :lol:

there should be an option how did i get to this forum?

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

It took me a while. Actually--I really did like them. But I was listening to really stupid music at that moment and I didn't realize I did until a looong while later. I didn't even know Linkin Park exsisted at first haha. But after a while I noticed one day that I was singing to a cool song on the radio.. and that I knew all the words to it. I was like, "Wow.. That's strange." so I asked my brother who they were and he said it was 'Linkin Park'. Soo after that I asked him to burn Hybrid Theory for me and I got it. Then I switched to liking rock. Haha go figure. I started liking them about a month after Meteora came out. Yeah--I'm actually quite new still in a way.

dizjoinTed hEarT

dizjoinTed hEarT Member

when i listened to one step closer i thought they were pretty kewl.. then i heard more of them and i got realllly into them.. dopenezz :teehee:

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

That's kind of like me. I'm sitting in the car and all of my friends are singing to Crawling, and we're all like, who is this? Same with Evanescence. I thought the song was called Wake Me Up Inside instead of Bring Me To Life for the longest time. I couldn't even stand rock until I got into LP.