Does Tripod give you Adware?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Scarlet, Aug 3, 2006.

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Does www.tripod.lycos.com/ give you Adware? The other day I was using Tripod to make a website and when I scanned my computer I found that it was infected with 1 Adware, called IEplugin. IEPlugin is an adware program that displays advertisements on your computer.

Now, I'm not sure if it was Tripod, becasue yesterday I was searching around some different sites. I was browsing around iwon.com, zwinkie.com, and some other free website making sites. I was mainly on Tripod though, so that is my main concern. I want to know if Tripod gives out Adware and/or any viruses/spyware?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Tough to blame it on one site. You're using IE and visiting a bunch of sites filled with ads. That's a great way to get spyware. Try using Firefox instead

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Who knows if it was Tripod specifically, but for your (computer's) safety, you should use Firefox. :)

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Hey, thank you for trying to help. But, I seriously need to know if Tripod/Lycos (tripod.lycos.com/) gives ADWARE. Specifically an IEPlugin.

I know that Firefox is much safer and wont give ME an IEPlugin. But, I'm making a website for OTHERS to visit. And, NOT EVERYONE uses Firefox and I wouldn't want THEM to get an IEPlugin becasue of MY website.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006