Evanescence

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Alexis, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

I love Evanescence--not nearly as much as Linkin Park, duh--and it pisses me off when they're constantly compared to LP. What's up with that? I've heard the 'linkin park with a hot chic singing' line so often I'm gonna barf. I can maybe see the "nu metal" thing going on but seriously, I don't know why they're compared so often. Anyways, I like both. What are your thoughts?

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Evanescence and Linkin Park are so not alike. The only reason Linkin Park (THE BEST) and Evanescence (NOT BAD) are compared because " Bring Me To Life" is similar to the Linkin Park style (rap/rock). All of her other songs are no way similar to Linkin Park.

Alexis

yeah, that's what I think.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I'd like to know what that is to you.

I think they're not even close to being similar...not one bit.

Alexis

gah - I'm not even sure what new metal is, now that I think of it. I guess the somewhat heavier [than some other mainstream rock] guitar lines...But LP's are quite a bit more complex to me.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

How about we just call it rock? It's easier that way. :)

Sorry, I just think it's weird when people say nu metal/new metal or whatever the crap, and then when I ask them what that is, the don't know. Just trying to help you out; not trying to antagonize you.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I made a thread about this months ago.

Evanescence and Linkin Park are nothing alike except the fact that they both make very epic and awesome music.

And Paul McCoy is NOT rapping in "Bring Me To Life."

Maggot

Maggot Banned

Evanescence is compared more to Nightwish cuz it's some kind of da Gothic rock!But it's still too ######' poppy!

Will

I can garauntee if Evanescence had a male vocalist you wouldn't have said that.

I hate close-minded people like you who think that just because there's a female lead singer, they're pop. They're not pop, they're Gothic metal.

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

I remember that. I was about to say.

I guess in some ways Evanescence is a bit (notice that I didn't say completely) like LP in some ways. My Immortal reminds me of My December, not because of the lyrics or the tune, just the mood of the song. But Evanescence and LP have their own type of music. They are not in any way the same.

That was dumb.

Alexis

A lot of people think it's poppy because of the female singer. I think she's perfect for the sound, and the fact that she doesn't scream or isn't really gritty doesn't make them any softer.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

The Cranberries have a female singer and I've never seen anyone call them pop.

Evanesence is rock, Linkin Park is rock. I don't know why you guys like to branch out on these awkward genres; it only makes it more complex and then arguments start.

No, it's nu metal!
    No, it's goth rock!
    No, it's pop rock!

No, it's rock.

Will

Well, you have to understand that it's probably America's fault it's like that. But I like to classify my music.

To me, rock would be something like Creed. Metal would be Disturbed. Heavy metal would be Mudvayne. Rap-rock would be Linkin Park. Gothic metal would be Evanescence.

It just goes by how heavy the music is to determine what genre it is. To me, if it's got driving guitars, it's not pop, lol.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Damn America! Go to hell Uncle Sam! :lol:

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

actually, LP ARE nu metal. Rap, metl, electronica... eeeh, that makes the job. They even have different members for each thing.

Will

Nu-metal just means new metal. It's just a broad term to classify all the new metal bands as.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Nu-metal just means new metal. It's just a broad term to classify all the new metal bands as. [/b][/quote]
    Not so much. It is actually a whole genre.

Maggot

Maggot Banned

I don't give a #### if there's a female or male singer!for e[ample Lp!they're also pop!cuz they play popcore stuff ,so as Evanescence they're too commercial too sweet too popular!even guys who can't stand harder music than Britney spears thay just love evanescense!that means theire too poppy and it makes me seek! :argh:
    ps-sorry for my bad english! :rolleyes:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

For one, I'm glad Terry isn't on or she's probably edit all your grammar errors.

Second, Evanescene's music is not 'poppy'. They're a lot heavier live, so I suggest you not judge them all by their CD. Evanescence is no Mudvane... They're no Otep, they're not a metal band where they scream their lungs out at the crowd and swear their heads off in between. They're more artistic than that. Their songs form art. I doubt you'd understand that, but Evanescence is NOT pop, and hey, I think a lot of people agree that Amy Lee (vocalist) DOES have a great voice.

I'd really hate to see you as a music reviewer... No offense, but the way you justify your music doesn't make sense--like your grammar.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.