Extremely disappointed in Chester Bennington.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by givenup25, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The majority of the protests themselves are peaceful. Don't let a few bad eggs represent the majority. Just as most of Trump supporters are not racist and sexist, most Hilary supporters aren't on the streets rioting. For example, here at UNT we had a protest. No "chaos" ensuded at all.

Even so, acting so self-righteous simply because your favored candidate won is sickening. I can guarantee you that had Hilary won, groups of Trump supporters would be doing the same exact thing. Even bringing up the #RapeMelania thing is idiotic, because it was trending because people were outraged against like, one guy's sign, not because that's what people were calling for. Again, one guy doesn't represent the majority. How you fail to see this is beyond me.

Evan, Deliveranze, chris2 and 4 others like this.
    IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

Gibs, you never cease to amaze me.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Because the "lynching" GroupMe that black students at the University of Pennsylvania were added to clearly doesn't go in this category. Or the Muslim woman who was threatened with being set on fire unless she removed her hijab. It's like it goes both ways or something. :rolleyes:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...eful-harassment-and-intimidation-election-day

Stop being a narrow-minded fool. There is hate on both sides. But it doesn't come close to representing all of the people supporting either candidate. Either acknowledge that's it's a complex problem or use your faulty logic on both sides and call Trump supporters "sickening" as well.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Gibs and minuteforce like this.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Think I've figured out who this givenup25 guys is...

[​IMG]

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

You have absolutely no proof Chester is being paid to endorse Hillary. And I'm sure if he was getting paid, he probably would done more than post one tweet that isn't even telling you to vote for Hillary.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Slightly related: I've come to realise that Trump's supporters (also, Pence) are far, far worse than the man himself ...

Captain-EO likes this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

yeah, i have the same feeling.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

So far, that's been the case everywhere I go.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Captain-EO

:popcorn:

What a time to be alive.

givenup25

givenup25 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

What a fantastic response to actual comments.

Evan, Captain-EO and polleo like this.
    Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Just shows how many arguments he has.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Gibs

Apparently you can't. Because critical thinking is just way too hard. Why have an actual dialog, when you can just resort to name calling like a 4 year old?

Captain-EO likes this.
    givenup25

givenup25 Member

Look at some of the posts which replied to this thread. Name-calling from people calling me a fool, child, narrow minded.. a conspiracy theorist etc. Not to mention people getting called "fucking idiots" "racists" or "part of the problem in America" for supporting Trump.

Hypocrites. I'll be over at linkinpark.com

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Well you never gave us your sources for your info.

Also, you're name-calling as well, which is beyond the point. We're discussing a political and social issue, not pettiness.

Captain-EO and Gibs like this.
    Captain-EO

:wave:

I hope they let you know how much of a dumbass you are as well. :D

(Also no one said you were racist for supporting Trump, in fact most people said specifically that you can't label people based on who they support. So...good job.)

Evan and Gibs like this.
    RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I guess I could say you've givenup on Chester and the LPA..............

Captain-EO and Gibs like this.
    Gibs

[​IMG]

Captain-EO likes this.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Before I lock this thread let's take a look at your posts in here. You're now playing the victim about being a poor Trump supporter and the name-calling directed towards you but in your opening post it was literally just a generalising list of alt-right buzzwords directed at a Hillary supporter.

Being a Hillary supporter is being misinformed and arrogant according to you.

Ah, Chester is a leftist sellout. Definitely not name-calling.

Oh. Lazy and brainwashed too. Nope, no name-calling here.

Morally bankrupt. NOPE, still no name-calling!

Apparently anyone who supports anyone but Trump has been either told to say it or paid to say it. Selling out as a human being? Definitely not labelling.

Let's read that last post again.

Gee, I wonder why? Maybe because your very first post on this forum was an ignorant generalisation directed towards anybody who doesn't support Trump? You're now playing the victim about being called names when you did the exact same thing. Literally the exact same thing. Let's take your last post and edit it to direct it towards your first post.

YOU DID THE EXACT SAME THING. So don't play the victim when people challenge your bullshit because it can go both ways.

Not only did you ignore people who tried to discuss it with you but instead you doubled down with your shitty SJW meme pictures whilst going "lalalalala I can't hear you!".

The irony is too much.

At this point I'm not even sure that you're a fan of Linkin Park. Like, do you even know who Linkin Park are? Disregarding the whole left vs right bullshit you've tried to peddle in this thread, Linkin Park have always been a band about inclusiveness and diversity. The exact opposite of what Trump stands for.

Trump has literally just hired an anti-Semitic white nationalist as his chief strategist whose own wife in court swore that he didn't "like Jews" and "didn’t want his children to go to school with Jews". Well shit, I wonder why Chester didn't want someone who condones this hate as president? WHAT POSSIBLY COULD IT BE?!

[​IMG]

Oh.

How anyone can even be surprised that Chester or other members of Linkin Park don't support the racism being enabled by Trump is amazing to me. I know you've not liked their last two albums but fuck, surely you must have heard Minutes to Midnight? Wait, nevermind, I see you did.

There's so much more I could bring up but I just wanted to look at this gem you posted:

Surely Chester must have been paid by Hillary Clinton's campaign to promote her! I can see it now, that fucking Tim Kaine was at that roundtable at Clinton HQ and was like "Shit guys, we need that fucking 2001 nu-metal endorsement, better hit up the dude with 623K followers and tell him to put 13 US flag emojis at the end, that'll get those last minute votes!" It can't be that he was actually disgusted that an insecure demagogue was on the brink of becoming the president of the US and for the first time ever felt the need to say something. This is literally how fucking ridiculous this election was, it made Chester change his mind about something he said 4 years ago. Fuck him for having an opinion, right?

Again, I'm honestly at a loss as to how anyone who follows the band and knows about their humanitarian efforts and charitable causes can be surprised to see that Chester doesn't support the candidate that thinks climate change isn't real.

Good. It's clear this community isn't for you but trust me, they don't want you either. Stick to Bretibart and Info Wars comments sections in the future. Have fun!

Andreina, Louis, IronDust71 and 13 others like this.
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

RyRy and Captain-EO like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.