First time on the floor 2 questions

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by milkshake227, Feb 24, 2011.

milkshake227

milkshake227 Well-Known Member

I'm going to the Salt Lake City show at Energy Solutions Arena tomorrow and although I've seen them twice, this is my first time with GA so I have two stupid questions
    1. How long before the show do the doors open?

2. Since I got GA I wanna make sure I'm right upfront at the rail (I've always wanted to see them up close at the rail) so how early would I have to camp out to make sure I'll be right up close? Its supposed to be pretty bad weather here tomorrow with a foot of snow on the way so will that change anything? Will other people be camped out? Will I have to sprint once I'm inside? Sorry I just dont know how crazy Linkin Park fans can get lol

Thanks in advance

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Sprint, sprint like a fucking rabbit. And time to rail varies from venue to venue, and city, but around 5 hours before you'll be fine, though of course you'll get people who have been camping for far longer.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

1. Really depends on venue but an hour or so before showtime is when doors open.

2. 4 hours I guess? I went to the show last night in Lost Angeles, got there at 7:10, people were already inside, and ended up like 4 rows of people behind the barricade. You could always try pushing your way forward like an asshole though.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I can really help you out here. I went to their show in San Jose on Tuesday, and I was, as you stated, gripping the barricade fence with about five feet between myself and the band. It's an incredible experience for sure, so to answer your questions:

1) At the venue I went to, the doors themselves opened at 6:30 for the 7:45 event. However, you're going to be standing in line for a long time beforehand if you want to be grabbing the rail.

2) This is where it's tough, because for the concert I attended, GA ticket holders simply went to the venue, presented their ticket, and got a wrist band that displayed what number you were chronologically to get your wristband. At the HP Pavilion I went to, they started serving out wrist bands at 7:00 in the morning, and I got there at about 1 p.m. or so, and was number 31. That meant I was the 31st person admitted, and when I got in there, there were just a few spots open left on the rail.

I would suggest not stressing too much about it. Contact the venue you're going to and find out what admission procedures are, and find out if being there extremely early is going to benefit you, or, if they're doing a wristband type method, you can just go and pick up your wristband, leave, and then come back at your leisure since you're guaranteed that spot in line.

One thing I've gotta stress: when you're in the venue, GO AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Everybody wants that front spot. I was talking to this woman who was a few spots in front of me, but she decided to buy water when we got in the pavilion. By the time she got there she wasn't even close to grabbing the rail. So don't waste time once you're inside.

Good luck, and I hope you manage to snag a front row spot. It's still fresh in my memory, and honestly I know no concert will ever top the experience I had on Tuesday when I was within arm's reach of Mike and Chester several times.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Does being a LPU member has any benefits on getting front rows?

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

No. GA is no set assignments meaning where you're is there you're gonna be unless you move or get moved. It's not that bad.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

So what's that about 'getting better seats' as the LPU said? Do they mean the opportunity to buy pre-sale sitting seats only? (Since standing seats as you said have no assignments)

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

If you buy the tickets for the seats in the “sitting area” through the LPU pre-sale you are guaranteed to get awesome seats, usually in the front block.

If you buy GA tickets through the LPU you are not guaranteed to be up at the front. The only way you can really get to the front is if you get to the venue really early or you push your way to the front.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I see, thanks Ree!

milkshake227

milkshake227 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys I got one of the last spots on the rail and had a blast, I got a drum stick, guitar pick, and setlist from the prodigy and then big bad brad gave me a drum stick after WTCFM and after the show mike tossed me his sweaty towel, didn't expect to get so much stuff!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Wow that's awesome, glad you had a good time.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If there's anyone else who needs a way of getting as far forward as possible what you can do is wait until there's a song where there's a pit, and amidst all that you can strategically work your way to the front. I'm a pro at it.

jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Normally I wait for like 5 hours and grab front and centre but I was lucky for LP. Lol I got a M&G and managed to get 2nd row cuz the security guards let me walk along the sides (the pit was completely full already) straight to the front and stuck me in... I got bitched at by so many people though :|