Gay Rights

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by the enigma, Jul 8, 2011.

1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

He gets my vote. There's nothing wrong with people with that kind of mindset.

[youtube]fnjfxCp92pc[/youtube]

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Thanks. I've since learned how to do it. :lol:

Oh and BTW, Todd and Kathy are spot on.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We've been able to embed Vimeo since Version 4 launched in early 2010. It's just nobody actually ever tried it, even though we advertised it as a feature :p. Also with LPA 4.5, we can now also do it in news posts.

Anyways, Rick Perry is a wacko. He was for Texas seceding from the Union just a few months ago.

4. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Haha, that guy wins.

And if I were in that situation, would I do it the same way I just did it now?

5. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Kathy I want to apologize for going off in a tiff like that.

I shouldn't have replied in such a negative manner.

6. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Just saw this on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/20/minnesota.school.civil.rights.probe/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

This really hurts because this is a school district in my county.
    Makes me fucking sick. THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

7. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

When the parents are hopeless bigots usually their kids are as well.

Not always tho.

8. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

People need to stop killing themselves.

9. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

[video=youtube;ax96cghOnY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax96cghOnY4[/video]

10. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Majority of people don't get to actually choose their religion. You think it's so easy to denounce your religion when everyone around you is religious and your ancestors have been for hundreds and even thousands of years? I'd even say that publicly denouncing your religion is at least as hard as publicly admitting you're gay.

11. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

But you know what? The fact is that they can denounce it. It's one thing to say that they can't choose it, which is true in the sense that most people are indoctrinated from a very early age. But the fact of the matter is that anyone can denounce it if they realize that perhaps they are not as faithful to it or believe so much in it as they thought. However, one deciding to change their sexual orientation or denounce their sexuality is simply not the case, unless they perhaps realize that they were one and not the other, which is often how it is. People early on (I would guess) most likely assume that they are heterosexual because the world feeds them that "social norm", as it were, but like I said, the environment can help them make that realization later.

But again, if we're talking about decisions regarding the comparisons between one's religion and one's sexuality, there is undoubtedly more of a choice in regards to what religion or faith one chooses to believe in (or not believe in) than there is in regards to one's sexual orientation.

12. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I denounced it, and much to my surprise, my family couldn't give a flying fuck. I bet a lot of people who are scared to come out of the Atheist closet would find the same thing.

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I denounced my religion and not a single fuck was given that day. It's honestly not a big deal.

14. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Not a big deal in this country, but that's a different story completely.

15. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

So don't openly denounce it if it would bother so many people. You can believe religion is bullshit and still act like you're religious around anyone who might give a shit. I did that for years until I finally told my family that I don't believe this crap. All that hiding and pretending and they didn't care.

16. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I haven't been following this discussion, but I saw it here and had to post about this...

Last night I had received an offer to compose a song from a known campaign who is fighting for the right of gay marriage.
    They sent me the lyrics. They want me to rap about how "homo-hating jerks" suck and how hard it is for gay people...and to buy their t-shirts because it is cool.

I support gay rights and human rights in general, but groups like this aren't helping change the minds of people who have hate in their hearts. Ewww.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The best thing we can do now, and the best contribution we can give to society is to teach future generations to be more tolerant of people who are different then them or who hold different beliefs/sexual preferences than they do. If we teach our younger generation to treat everyone as equals, they will hopefully grow up bringing their message of tolerance to the world, and some of those kids will go on to become politicians and pass laws that will make this world a better place.

It may sound like hippie babble but it's true. Children learn what they see from their parents. Sure some break away and form their own opinions, but most of the time...if you grow up in a prejudiced household, you usually become prejudiced yourself.

18. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

agree 100%

No matter what lifestyle you choose to lead. It's just really disappointing when it seems like those who are being discriminated against are going down the same path as the people who judge them

19. ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

If more parents really cared in did the following, we wouldn't need this thread.

[video=youtube;VzxCkUkiogc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzxCkUkiogc&lc=CBS4frhmrYZP1St-Rw54plIB9TJkZaWMKWWYI535Ud4&feature=inbox[/video]

Complete lolz and jks. kinda

20. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

ok, here's the thing. Most people who are against gay marriage go to the bible. Here's my issue with that. The bible says divorce is a sin more than homosexuality, should we illegalize that? And also the bible used give the proper price for a slave and said it was ok to sell your daughter into slavery. should we follow those rules? What people forget is that the bible is only the perceived word of god. Not the actual word of god. Oh and marriage is not a religous thing so let it go lol

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011