"Give Up Anti-Drug Campaign"

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Sep 5, 2008.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I saw this discussion on one of my other boards and it just made me angry and repulsed. What do you think about these anti-drugs campaign that seem to swallow our sad society in?

I think it's rather hurtful when someone says to me keep the education but get rid of the anti-drug campaign as I have been affected by a heavy drug addict in my life, and that's my brother (he's clean now btw). I was only young when it happened but ever since then he's always told me to stay away from crack, cocaine, ice etc etc, because he made the mistake of doing it. I rather think these government campaigns are working because they use it as some scare tactic which I wouldn't call it a scare tactic to be brutally honest but it's the truth. You do attack people when you're on ice and you do dig at your own skin, my bro's even confirmed this.

There aren't going to be enough volunteers to go around to schools and merely educate the youngsters of this generation of the impacts and side affects of drug taking, the government has a right to protect its people, even if it's a communist state.

A communist state is not going to say - I don't like you so I'm not going to protect you. In fact, if I recall my history correctly, I can't think of any state or body of government who have not tried to "protect them" (I say it that way as a democratic country I see differently) their people or convince them that they are "protecting them". The Vietcong and the Americans ran countless propaganda campaigns for a cause that they felt was necessary (another I beg to differ circumstance personally). I may have just wound myself in a tight and confusing knot there, but you get what I mean.

Statistics have proven throughout history that merely educating is not enough, but government endorsement is needed for such a cause. You think of why cigarettes and tobacco products were banned to be promoted? Because of the health implications. Tobacco and cigarettes have proven to be a bigger health risk than the more popular amphetamines that are sold on the black market. And the only reason why those products are still legal, is because it's one of the biggest industries in the world, as I assume the oil industry is the biggest.

Thoughts?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think the anti-drug campaign has the right idea but it's not being gone about the right way at all.

The people who run the truth campaign are a bunch of fuck twats. They're the ones who use the scare tactics.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Gloomy Mushroom

Pot isn't an illicit drug in my mind. I see it as a prescriptive drug.
    Now all I have to do now, is give up smoking. :S

Will

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Point being is that the Anti-Drug commercials and campaigns you seem to support target marijuana. Actually, MAINLY marijuana. No, it's hardly ever the extreme dangers of meth (And I would know, living close to a town that's labeled the "meth capital of the world") or the destructive behavior tendencies of cocaine. it's... just pot usually.

My favorite is the guys at the burger joint running over a little girl on her pink bicycle. Because, y'know, that type of shit actually happens. If they could afford some sticky-icky weed that good to distract them like that, you think they could atleast afford an air conditioner and/or a better car, right?

This is coming from someone who won't ever touch another type of drug again, or go to jail again for smoking it, too.

Gloomy Mushroom

Not over here. It's quite the opposite. We run more anti-smoking and anti-ice ads than weed. I hardly see weed on the tv anymore unless it's in a movie :D

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Australia obviously doesn't count then. :p

Gloomy Mushroom

We have more obese people than you, so we count.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

I think that Anti-Drug campaigns should present them in a less "scare" tatic and more in..different away.

Like a commercial should be a bunch of kids saying <said drug> isn't harmful and is fun and has no lasting side effects, then have it as the tv is flickering, like running out of film in a movie cinema, and then Actual doctor's with brain scans or former addicts admitting that they thought it was harmless or whatever.

yea?
    (btw, what are these commercials like? I don't watch too much TV to know x_X)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[YOUTUBE]qSXrTrhx6Us[/YOUTUBE]

Theazninvasion68

....That's pretty effective.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[youtube]WwylBRucU7w[/youtube]
    We need more of that. Hard-hitting factual coverage by people who know what they're talking about.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
    Theazninvasion68

That's pretty good however.

That's way too long for a TV commercial and not Too exciting
    Except the start!

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[youtube]avwYDlNabeA[/youtube]
    That's quite good as well.

Will

:lol:

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Education is one thing, but people have to be responsible for their own actions at some point.

Anti-drug campaigns haven't really worked anyway.