Global Warming is a scam.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Babali, Jun 18, 2008.

vasiab

vasiab Banned

You're absolutely right!
    The fact is that people only care about themselves+not about nature. We forget that nature surrounds us...
    so....lets face the consequences...

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

I'll agree that the climate is getting more Erratic, and extreme.

The best things we can do is stop Deforestation, and alot of other Enviromental issues.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Deforestation always made me guffaw. Have you ever seen how many TREES there are? Granted, I don't live in a city, but still. :lol:

I'm glad to see that people aren't so wrapped up in the thought that the world is going to end and everyone will die. That's an improvement at least.

About the climate changing, and being erratic, I still think that that's natural. The climate has always gone up and down and constantly changed. The same point everyone argues: ice ages. And the ice ages thawed out. Very cold, to quite warm. *shrug* Not really trying to start a big thing here, just saying.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Deforestation is an extremely important issue. While a lot of people claim that deforesting places like the Amazon Rainforest will only add carbon to the atmosphere, thus accelerating "global warming," many more people are against deforestation for the simple fact that there are hundreds of species of animals and thousands more species of insects that only live in the climates of the rainforests, and destroying those rainforests will endanger and extinct a lot of species of animals and insects.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

...I was kind of kidding. :lol:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I know, I wasn't saying whether or not it's causes by human activity. I don't think pollution is worth it in any case though.

And strictly speaking we are still in an Ice Age;
    from QI's Book Of General Ignorance. I don't know how much of that is relevant to the thread but oh well, I was bored. haha.

Will

Oh. :lol:

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

And with the loss of all those species an ecological imbalance occurs which is usually not beneficial. Deforestation has no benefit and should be (and I think actually can be) stopped immediately. Destroying one of our greatest natural resources (the Amazon) is a crime future generations should never forgive us for.

Will

I don't mean to be a jerk, but that's the first thing I've agreed with you on. :)

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Also, making animals, plants, and insects extinct can greatly limit our research.

lpboarder

There goes your brownie points with PETA. :p

Theazninvasion68

Deforestation *IS* Global warming. If supposivly CO2 warms up the atmosphere, and tree's, plants and many other plants, then obviously cutting these tree's down isn't helping isn't it?

lpboarder

Its one of the sources of it. Trees store CO2 and produce O2 so without trees there is nowhere for the CO2 to be stored in and thus, its released to the atmosphere.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Basically, deforestation to a large extent isn't the best idea because it, coupled with other things, could potentially fuck up the balance between different gases in the atmosphere.

Theazninvasion68

It does, not potentially. There's a reason why this earth used to be very populated with tree's :lol:

Deforestation is the global increase in CO2. D: