Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

awesome, will keep checking back to the site unless it comes out somewhere else. hopefully they made a full version and will be released on a Weeds soundtrack or something.

also, mods, will it be able to be posted if it is ripped/leaked, or is it still falling under the "no-no" of copyrighted stuff?

2. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I believe it will be posted at some point today. Keep checking back. :)

3. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

It's already on the net.

It sounds cool .

4. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Am I allowed to request a link?

5. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2007
  6. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

has it been reported that Biffy Clyro are supporting LP on the UK leg of the MTM tour?

[​IMG]

taken from the LP newsletter

7. Astat

I'll just edit that into the UK Tour post.

8. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Biffy Clyro? Are you fucking kidding me?????? Fuck that, they're terrible for christ sake. Oh well, I guess I'm going to see LP and Julien-K. I wonder if there'll be any other support acts.

9. handthatfeeds_25

handthatfeeds_25 Well-Known Member

apparently LP will be coming out with a "LP World tour DVD" coming out next year.

Source: LPtimes.com

10. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Sounds cool.

11. Astat

Not a whole lot to go on there so it's not really news-worthy, but it'll be pretty interesting to see what becomes of this...2 DVD set with multiple shows plz? kthx.

12. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

It is in fact news-worthy because it also says that the band went to record a new song just when they arrived. Maybe there will be played some new songs at these shows for that DVD.

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Once we see a reliable newspost, then it's news-worthy.

Until then, the adage 'take with a grain of salt' applies.

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This information has not been confirmed anywhere else such as Rolling Stone, Linkinpark.com, Billboard or anything along those lines. All we have to go by is a site that is a completely different language, which has to be translated to English before it can be posted. If you consider the fact that often things get mis-quoted when translated to English, and you get why we have decided not to post this just yet. We'd rather be late in posting it and wait for official confirmation, rather than post it and be entirely wrong.

Besides, if LP recorded a new song and is coming out with a new DVD, this would've been announced officially by the band. I see no such announcement, and therefore...we cannot post this on our site until we get further confirmation of it's release. I apologize.

15. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

All right Derek :)

16. handthatfeeds_25

Maynard James Keenen of TOOL mentioned Linkin Park in a recent interview. I'm not sure what to make of this comment , but it sounds like he is taking a shot at the band.

"Recently, the singer was quoted in Rolling Stone, where he said: "Heavy rock is sinking" and the PUSCIFER project was his way of stepping away from it and deliberately trying to make a "fun project." Does he still feel like that? "Yes. It has stagnated, it's no longer moving anywhere,' he says bluntly, speaking of the genre. "Part of it is large labels signing stuff they think is easy and a quick buck, but I also think it's the bands who aren't evolving their ideas or stretching their legs musically. And the ones that are, you don't hear about — they're overlooked 'cos they're not moving units. The independent stuff is out there, bubbling underneath, but no one's giving it a chance 'cos they're all scrabbling for the next LINKIN PARK or BACKSTREET BOYS-style band."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=85019

17. Astat

That's not really a jab at LP, it's a jab at how record labels look for acts that are similar to acts that have been successful in the past. That's really why music has come in "waves" for the last 30 years. There was classic rock in the mid 70s, progressive rock in the late 70s/early 80s, hair metal in the mid to late 80s, grunge in the late 80s/early 90s, nu metal from the mid 90s to the early 2000s, and now there's the whole emo/hardcore movement going on. Record labels start all that, one group that fits into a certain category takes off and sells millions, and all the record labels with dollar signs in their eyeballs go out looking for bands that fit that same mold.

Maynard's just basically saying that there are a lot of talented bands out there going unnoticed because they're too different.

18. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

19. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I already quoted that article in the ''Gene Simmons Speaks Out...'' music thread. ;)

20. handthatfeeds_25

When was Shinoda on the cover of RS?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.