Hail Destroyer

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by User Name, Feb 10, 2008.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

So, Cancer Bats have a new album coming out on April 22nd in Canada called Hail Destoyer. You can listen to the title track on the Distort Entertainment MySpace.

I kinda like it. It's a little different hearing Liam scream for once, but you get used to it pretty quick. Your thoughts?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Not that I had anything against the vocals on their first album, but I think I prefer them here.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Hah, never heard of these guys but the song sounds pretty decent. Rock 'n' roll-ish metalcore is always good, kinda reminded me of a less complex and heavy Every Time I Die (hm, now i'm listening to it for a second time this doesn't seem like the case but meh). That riff is catchy as hell. I'll check out their debut.

Edit: dammit, i'm now listening to all the songs on the label's MySpace and they all sound pretty nice.

Edit 2: HA, I GOT. It was Project 86 they were reminding me of, "The Spy Hunter" to be precise.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
    Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I like the music and I guess, the vocals sound pretty awesome too, but it's not Cancer Bats anymore... I liked Liam's vocals a lot before because they were different.

Now he sounds like any (good) hardcore vocalist and it will be difficult for me to find them as exciting as they were before, because his vocals made the band special to me.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

His vocals do resemble how they used to sound in places during that song, so who knows, maybe there'll be songs on the album where they're like that for the majority.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

True, I kind of expect them to still be present.