How Has LT Aged In A Year?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by mastae, Mar 11, 2013.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Like it more than before, although some songs never grew on me (I'll Be Gone, Until It Breaks, Roads Untraveled). Personally I find them to be a waste of space on the album that could've included much better songs. Feels like a step down for sure. But CoG remains my one and true love.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

The song I like I still play routinely, the songs I don't I havne't listened to in months. I do like most of the songs, though, so there's that. Right up until Castle of Glass the album was one of their best in ages, then it all just sort of up and down until Powerless, which I like.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Since LIVING THINGS was released, I would say ATS (an album I was already in complete love with) has aged better than LT. I think that speaks to how incredible A Thousand Suns was and how "meh" the band's latest effort is. I do listen to the album semi-regularly, but that's because it's fun to blast in my car. Other than that there is nothing too exciting about it.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

It's an album I'm extremely glad they made. However, I hope their next album sounds nothing like it. I want the risk-taking and experimentation of ATS back. It was nice to have some more modern, mainstream tracks from LP to blast. Burn It Down, Lost In The Echo, and Powerless all feel that way. However, the next album I want just as far out there as ATS.

Castle of Glass, Victimized, and Roads Untraveled are fucking incredible songs though. They had some crazy ass gems in that album.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

It has lost some of its appeal to me, yes.

But not as much as ATS. Yes, I'll be in the small club who think that way here. Nevermind :)

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Haha I'm in the same boat as you. ATS I listened to like a month and never could get into it, I still try but meh its just too boring. I respect it, but does nothing for me.

LT though has a better lasting power I think due to the energy it has. I use LOST IN THE ECHO and VICTIMIZED in my workouts usually. So those are my most played I guess.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I feel like this question was just asked.

It's aged okay, but mostly because I wasn't too impressed with it to start with.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I still like the album quite a lot but I haven't really been in the mood for it lately

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Whenever a song comes on in my playlist I always enjoy it. That said, the songs that have stood the test of time for me are: COG, Victimized, RU, S2B, and UIB. Those five have definitely become my firm favourites. COG is a brilliant single that keeps cropping up in my head quite frequently - and its not quite LP's absolute best song by any means, but I love it to death. :D

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:lol:

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Living Things aged the worst out of all there albums in my opinion. Linkin Park barely even support Living Things in live shows, They have neglected so many of its songs live.

I have no motivation to listen to it. If I am going to listen to a Linkin Park album, the first one I grab is ATS and if I'm not feeling that I'll look towards the others with LIVING THINGS often being my last or second last choice.

So in a sentence; no, it hasn't aged well.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I wouldn't say it has aged as well as some of their other albums, no. The initial hype I felt for the album carried through most of the summer, but eventually wore off. I've been going back to some of the songs, though, since it feels like a more up-tempo album and spring is approaching.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

ATS and Hybrid Theory (in that order) have aged the best. The thing with ATS, every time i listen to it i notice something different. It reminds me of Dark side of the Moon.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Hmmm ...

UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

It aged pretty well for me. It's still my favorite album (along with ATS).

I still particularly love Lost in the Echo, Castle of Glass, and Powerless.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

To be brutally honest, LIVING THINGS, in my opinion, is forgettable.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Except In My Remains and Lies Greed Misery I hate the first part of the album, IMO LITE is the worst LP song since Numb but the last 6 song is good. But it's much worse then ATS.
    ATS is masterpiece, and LT's last 6 song is in the same quality as ATS.

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

Yeah, pretty good. I played the absolute crap out of it from june to decemeber.. must be over 100 times. Don't listen to it as much, but its still good. I prefer the ageing of ATS over LT.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Hooked on Data Romance, bro.