I need advice...!

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Janie Jones, Nov 25, 2006.

Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

Alright- first of, hope this isn't spam, because I'm not mentioning the websites url anywhere, just asking for help on it's development.
    OK. So I'm starting a website called Le Cafe (the Coffeehouse). Basically, its like a literary magazine, choosing the best out of our submission with the help of our Eds, and various (voluntary) judges. We're open to any kind of entries: poems, fiction, non fiction(in a separate section called Le Cafe Journalist), haiku, lyrics ANYTHING that makes good use of the English language. Entries will be submitted through emails, regular contributors get certain privileges, dadablah. Top 5 picks will be chosen every week, Competitons will be held, everything will be archived and can be sorted by genre, author, submission time, 'cetra.
    Now what I want to know is, how do I go about this? 'Specially Louis might help here, since he's got experience in organizing writing competitons. Also - will it work? Basically its like, say, viewsunplugged.com or something, just a place you can pick up a mug of coffee and read something good, as in the WWW lets people publish in one click, but here will be something edited, well writen, refined. That sort of stuff. And how can I recruit people to join the site? Where should I get the Eds.
    Oh, and we'll have feature columns, of course! Feature writers, dadablah.
    Also, who should be the editors? I'd love to be one, but I need more experienced people...
    Sorry if I wasted 20 mins of your life if you read this.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I like it a lot...I'd definately join...the fact that stories and poems would be entered there would be a big reason for me to join...well...that's all I can say...people would definately join...I just really don't know squat about that other stuff ^_^

*wavies and can't wait*

Janie Jones

Wow. That's a lot of encourgaement, thanks a lot Frontman C (sorry, don't know you're real name). Thank you, and I've read you're writings and stuff, and I must say, I'd be honoured. :)

GrafiTTied

GrafiTTied Well-Known Member

you know i love the very idea of your website. Almost like fictionpress except it sounds better. I would love to join if you need any help you know where to look........

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

teh name's chris...oh and...like...if you want to...just like sorrta...tell us when it's all up and ready to be 'joined' and I'll talk to some friends about it...they'll make sure people visit ^_^ (my best friends a real poem-freak...she loves reading stuff by other people...so...she'd definately be in for the stories =))

Janie Jones

*dies of happiness*
    I never thought I'd recieve such welcoming response, dankya'll so much! After all this, I'll definetly get it up as soon as possible.
    Actually, the things is that most of the design's done already. Just some tweaking on the rules, some minor competitons for columnists are left.
    ...expect a competiton real soon!