Imagine Dragons

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by RazorEye, May 14, 2014.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Mumford & Sons, is that you?

This song screams trend hopping, it's horribly bland. I'm with Justin, I can't stand the psuedo-folk/psuedo-gospel think it's got going on. If they're going to do such a standard song structure, they shouldn't make the song so boring to listen to.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

nope.

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'm a little mixed about the song as well, but I'm pretty sure it would be lazy if they did arena electronic pop rock again for album 2.

4. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

not a fan tbh.

can't wait for the radio to shove it down my throat @ work.

5. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I agree it's overused but that chorus is just heaven god damn.

6. The Joesen One

I don't know bro. Their soundtrack singles weren't doing that well on radio.

7. The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

I don-t know how I feel about this song. I mean,it's not BAD,it's actually a nice song and I like the folk atmospheres in the verses. BUT is still a great let down. They hyped the song with weird pics,some really dark slices of lyrics and a strange cover art. Everything was suggesting a more darker song. I was expetcing something similar to Battle Cry. Instead,Bet My Life is a Night Visions song. And it's not even close to one of the Night Visions highlights. It's too much...happy. Read the lyrics :
    This lyrics really don't belong to the song and the singing. They actually made me hate the damn chorus. I want some new sound,Imagine Dragons.
    EDIT : And with some other listenings,Warrior is REALLY far better than Bet My Life.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  8. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Yeah, those lyrics are real happy. A song about conflict with parents through his entire life, leaving for a 2 year Mormon mission, and literally him saying he gave them hell... he may aswell have written a song about candy.

9. The Free Element

Sorry,I explained myself badly. What I mean : yes,the lyrics is dark. And I really love those lyrics. So why the hell is the song singed so happy-ish ? The chorus seems taked streight from On Top Of The World. And maybe it's just my problem,but I really hated On Top Of The World.

10. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Funny since the chorus is what absolutely ruins the song for me. It's just too loud and in your face. The verses around it sound good.

And I agree with others in the thread, Warrior is definitely better. This coming from someone who loves the fuck out of "Nothing Left To Say / Rocks". I'm really hoping the rest of the album can deliver.

11. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Lol Yeah but he could literally sing about anything - As soon as the chorus hits I can't take the song serious at all.
    Never was a fan of Imagine Dragons - and it doesn't seem like this album will win me over.

12. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Still haven't listened to this, will sometime today

13. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Not sure if you guys are as crazy about basketball as I am, but ID just performed "I Bet My Life" for the first time ever at the Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Fest as part of TNT's Pregame Show.

[video=youtube;07jRlL9AUGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07jRlL9AUGQ[/video]

14. The Joesen One

A little iffy at first, but went along well towards the end.

15. Abel

The reason why "I Bet My Life" sounds happy and positive even with those dark lyrics is because it's a hopeful song. A song about dedicating your life to someone now that the turmoil and troubles of the past has gone away. Plus those dark lyrics are really just the verses and the big positive moment is the whole gospel chorus. It's like how Linkin Park's "Iridescent" was dark and moody until the positive, uplifting bridge comes up. Hope that helps! :)

And I really liked "On Top of the World" actually, but hey, we all have opinions.

Come to think of it, I can totally see why "I Bet My Life" is basically one of LeBron James' theme songs now...
    [video=youtube;_FGKofNiRzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FGKofNiRzo[/video]

16. The Free Element

Yeah,probably it's just my problem,I was figuring a complete different sound. The song isn't bad,but is not that kind of song that would play in my MP3.

17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

So I'm listening to this song for the first time...

First verse comes In: Man, this is really good, what is all the hate for?
    Still first verse: *hears overusing of the lady in back* Thinks to myself this is going to super annoying
    Chorus comes in: Holy crap, it makes sense now, this chorus is trash
    Second verse comes in: Very solid, just like the first verse
    Rest of the song afterwards: What did I just listen to... and how can I get my time back?

18. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

This song doesn't appeal to me for the most part. It almost seems lazy. Bleeding Out was my favorite from the last album. I want something unique but organic in nature. Maybe I'm overthinking it. This song is a let down. Boring song and boring structure. I hope to god the rest of the album does not reflect what we've received thus far.

19. Abel

The new video for "I Bet My Life" is out now!

[video=youtube;4ht80uzIhNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ht80uzIhNs[/video]

20. The Joesen One

I really like the music video. Confusing, but artful.