iPod Help!

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Omar, Sep 7, 2008.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Okay, so I brought my iPod with me to school, but I left it in my desk for two weeks (roommate monitoring period).

So, last night I plug it up to the charger, and lo and behold the select button (button in the middle) wouldn't work. I let it charge all night, while the result that the select button works, but it's acting buggy (ie: when I hold the play button to turn off, it doesn't; when I press menu, sometimes it takes me forward and not backward; the time has gone to 1 Jan 2000; other minor settings have changed).

If I select the "reset all settings" button, will I lose all my songs?

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

If I select the "reset all settings" button, will I lose all my songs?

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Since my CD-ROM drive is f*cked up, and all my songs are backed up on discs, if I lose all my songs, I cannot put them back on the iPod until I get a new drive (or a new computer, which ain't happening for awhile). Thus, I want to be sure before I make any changes.

I'm sick and tired of people acting like little bitches when you ask an honest question. If it was so stupid, then you shouldn't have responded. It would have taken you less time to write 'yes' or 'no' than edit my post. Douchebag.

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

Hopefully this helps...(if You haven't found any)
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320
    but I dont think it would delete you songs off, my brothers Nano freezes all the time or the volume button gets stuck and we reset it all the time...
    hope i could help.

Radish

Radish Guest

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080210173626AAmbowo

that one says you will lose your songs. Also, I found this on the apple support website:

Restore
    Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.

So that says you will lose it all too.

Hope that helps. :)

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Resetting all your settings on your iPod erases everything and put it back to the way it was when you first bought it. I had to do this to mine after it wouldn't sinc anything for some reason.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Theres a difference between resetting your settings and restoring your iPod. Restoring your iPod erases everything, whereas resetting your settings will reset the menus and everything on your iPod as well as the EQ...as far as I know. I dont have an iPod anymore so I cant check to make sure :lol:

Radish

Radish Guest

I think to restore it was to just hold down the middle button and the menu button. I do that all the time
    But Omar can't do that. The middle button doesn't work.

Well, you could try holding as far away from the center of the middle button as possible (push it in around n edge or something) and holding down the menu button. I read that could work.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Doing that is called a Soft Reset, I believe.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Funny how that term gets used all the time now.
    It was originally the term used for the way you could reset any Squaresoft game on the Plastation, Final Fantasy and stuff.
    Or so I've heard anyway.