Is This The Best Linkin Park Album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Mar 22, 2005.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I was listening to this CD and I came to one conclusion after listening to it all the way through. In my honest opinion out of any Linkin Park album, this is not only the best record they have released, but also the most replayable out of any of their CDs that they have released.

Mike's production on this CD is ace. The re-recorded vocals and new parts match the songs perfectely, and the collaboration on the lyrics has yet to be matched on any record they have released since that time. Lyrically, many of the rewritten songs are better than their Hybrid Theory counterparts or perfect upon their already decent originals. Rn@wy's rewritten verses give the song the mood it tried to acheive on Hybrid Theory, and the new verses in P5hng Me Aw*y make the song one of the best creations Linkin Park has ever made to date.

It's a shame that we haven't seen anything like this from LP since then, because the complexity of Reanimation really gave me high hopes for their record Meteora. Unfortunately, so far there has yet to be a record from LP that tops this record right here...which is truly a masterpiece.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Maybe if Mike produces the next album we'll get something as good.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

i would definitely agree this album is a masterpiece.. mikes production is ace.. some of the re-written lyrics are a lot better.. to add to Rn@wy i think FRGT/10's lyrics are amazing.. and P5hng Me Aw*y is the best remix on the album and one of their best songs ever.. and this album does have incredible replay value.. i can pretty much 100% agree with Dereks post.. it is probably their best album.. but its not my favorite..

hYbr1d_tH30rY_723

hYbr1d_tH30rY_723 Well-Known Member

Lol ... I dnt agree with a lot that Dereks has said ... yes Rn@way is much better than the original ... and yes its a great album but I still prefer Hybrid Theory ... I have to agree that although Meteora was good it wasnt upto expectations ... it jus wasnt as good as its predecessors i.e HT & Reanimation.

max [XT]

max [XT] Member

no... i still don't like High Voltage... but krwlng, P5hng Me A*wy and ppr:kut, realy are impressive!!! re-recorded vocals are also impressive... the intire album is really making some sort of a blury effect, you know.... like motion blur in toca: race driver. really beautifull...

i dnt agree wth derek.in my opinion HT is the best and BUT its cooler than HT. :brad:

JasonB

JasonB Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say this is LP's best album,but best remix album most certainly.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Depeche Mode's Remixes: 81-04 compilation is a lot better than Reanimation, in my opinion. As far as the Linkin Park albums go though, I'd have to agree with Derek.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Reanimation > Remixes: 81-04

I thought that a bunch of the remixes on DM's discs were horriblé.

Reanimation is definitely the best album of LP.

Phantasm

Phantasm Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Reanimation is the best LP album, I find myself listening to Meteora or Hybrid Theory more often. A good majority of the songs are better than their HT counterparts (Crawling, Pushing Me Away, Forgotten, Myself and One Step Closer come to mind), but not all of them are perfect. Some of the songs on Reanimation were good the way they were already (My December, anyone?) and the new music and/or lyrics tend to bring them down a bit (Papercut, IMO. The original Papercut was and always will be the best version).

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Couldn't of said it better myself ^_^

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I can't say that all of the songs had some sort of an improvement because some were sort of pushed into the ground in Reanimation. I could say, though, that Reanimation does have something that Hybrid Theory lacked of.

To me, Hybrid Theory was this thought that LP had and while we understood this thought, there was something missing from this thought. I think Reanimation was basically the album to finish the thought, hence the added lyrics.

I do think that if in the next album Mike was allowed to once again show his talents because, honestly, Mike has this huge talent in producing music - I think that if in the next album he was, that it wouldn't be something short of a masterpiece.

I do, however, have to disagree in that this is the best Linkin Park album out there. It simply was the last stanza of a beautiful poem and it wouldn't of existed without the first few stanzas. So while it did seem to finish a thought that was created, it wasn't the creation of a thought. Therefore, I'd have to say Hybrid Theory is their best album - not Reanimation.

Il inno di morte

Il inno di morte A noi si schiude il ciel...

(w00t) Reanimation was fucking awesome! no doubt abput it! but ht & meteora r also cool stuff. Actually, i like them all ;)

KirbyRockz

KirbyRockz Well-Known Member

It's the worst album except for the other three.

MeLiS_

MeLiS_ Well-Known Member

i think it's a really good work. pts.of.athrty is better than the original version. it may be not their best album but not the worse one too..

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

i cant wait to hear all the records that mike produces in the future (not just linkin park).

All the albums that he's produced so far have been timeless classics, HTEP and Reanimation. Id love to see him come out with POSSIBLY three different albums that he has produced:-SOB's new album, mike's solo album, and maybe the next LP album.

thatd b awesome. ^_^

oh and i think reanimation is better too....

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

While I don't think that Reanimation is the best LP album (that would be Hybrid Theory), some of the guest raps were great and Mike did a good job with the production.

Link

Link lolwut

Reanimation is 4th on my LP list.

hybrid_fan

hybrid_fan Ambient

I wouldn't say this is LP's best album,but best remix album most certainly.

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

For sure is not the best album

For me first is HT then HTEP then Meteora and then Reanimation