Its here

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by JJ, Nov 29, 2004.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

what do you all think? i love the album art and the dvd is kinda cool ^_^

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

It's ok, a couple of the songs aren't that good, but a couple of them are really cool. Haven't seen the DvD though.

_Shifter_

_Shifter_ Well-Known Member

Yeah, a great EP and the DVD is awesome. I really like the live show at the Roxy. But, I cannot understand why they put the MTV show on the dvd twice. Quite confusing. ;)
    And, what is more, I cannot understand why the live tracks are not on the cd.
    That would have been great.
    Overall a nice release, I simply love it.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

same thoughts here.I think i'll be better off downloading the album than buying it

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

A good EP, though as I assumed, I can't stand Papercut/Big Pimping and In the End/Izzo. They are horrible I think, though I can't stand those Jay Z songs in the first place. It also seems like they didn't even work hard on those, they are so much shorter than the rest.

Ignoring those atrocities, its great.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

i got the album today.. dvd is cool. i like the behind the scenes stuff. some of it was pretty humorous. i wish they would have put the live tracks on the album too. especially the 99/pts/1step song. all the songs sounded a lot better live to me. about the album, i dont get why the big pimpin/papercut and izzo/in the end songs are so short. they seem uncomplete or something. all the other songs are perfect and if they would have added more to those 2 songs the album woulda been a lot better. they pretty much remade all the other songs but its like there was no effort or time put into those 2 songs. im confused.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

How long is the CD and DVD?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The CD is just the six songs (about 26 minutes, I think) and comes with "links to bonus content, photos and more."

The DVD is 76 minutes. It has behind-the-scenes stuff, the live performances as well as the MTV feature (the actual show they played on MTV — they included "It's Goin' Down"!). It has a photo gallery as well.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

The CD is just the six songs (about 26 minutes, I think) and comes with "links to bonus content, photos and more."

The DVD is 76 minutes. It has behind-the-scenes stuff, the live performances as well as the MTV feature (the actual show they played on MTV — they included "It's Goin' Down"!). It has a photo gallery as well. [/b][/quote]
    Ah, thanks! :)

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

My mom's supposed to pick it up today, but Bush is in Ottawa today, and there's protesters everywhere. I hope she can make it to the Rideau Center... :mellow:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

The enhanced CD has new photos, 7 new buddy icons, a link to the Numb/Encore video and a 10-minute EPK featuring Mike, Jay and Phoenix.

And on a side note, it's hard as hell to get the audio CD out of the digipak case without messing it up a bit. Get the DVD case, or if you live in the UK get the jewel case.

lofton0788

lofton0788 Well-Known Member

I jsut got the album...and it was better then i thought it would be...I suppose i was thinking it would be some sort of reanimation disaster, but it was better than that. I think the DVD is hilarious "I have no soul...I'm just an angry white dude" I also found it interesting that it seems as though Linkin Park did all of the work. Go LP!!!!!!!!!

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hate that....

Anyways, as a couple people said, there are a couple tracks I was disappointed with, and there are a couple that are amazing. I love Numb/Encore. I didnt watch the DVD yet, I'll do that later.

Only $10 at Circuit City!!!

sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

Great album, love it, dvd is very funny and looks like they had a great time. 8/10 from me!

xero agnostos

xero agnostos Well-Known Member

Rox. I have to admit I am a sucker for studio footage and this had some classic moments in it. "Ear-phones and snare", the suck track all the way down, man, I need to watch it again.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I love collision course, as a matter of fact I can predict that it's gonna be the only thing playin im my cd played for the rest of the week :lol:
    I'm so glad I picked this up :D , I'm gonna try to memorize every lyric by ear.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I got it and I love it but it could be longer and there are also somethines I would change on the CD.

blurredxnotes

blurredxnotes Well-Known Member

I love it too. I haven't watched the dvd yet, gonna do so after I take a shower. Which is soon.

I just wanna change the transition from the Points of Authority guitar to the OSC one. Just because the OSC one comes right off of Hybrid Theory and unless you're listening to it loudly on headphones (I dunno, it sounded ok to me when I was listening before) then it doesn't sound right. It sounded better live.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

My favorite part on the DVD is when Jay is recording his part in Jigga What/ Faint. The part when it goes into the Faint beat, and Jay-Z is having some problems laying down the lines, then he says "I'm gonna have to pull out the young Jay for this one." I thought it was brilliant.

jmj

jmj Active Member

I picked it up yesterday and I really like it. I wish they would have used Place 4 My Head and Hard Knock Life that would have been interesting. I've heard a remix one of my friends did it sounds cool. I especially liked the fact that they threw in "It's going Down" that finally answered my question to whether Chester can play guitar. I liked Izzo/In the End mainly how well they flow into each other and when chest does arpeggios(sp?).